Final Fantasy VII REMAKE - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

It's happening? A FFVII Remake is happening?

• Yes

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 19, 2018
I think "The Valkyrie" has to be my favorite track out of all of them. "Solemn Sunset" and "7 Seconds till The End" are tied in second place for me with the new version of Anxious Heart being a solid third place, just wish it had been used more outside of when you first get to Sector 5. Also loved the Mako reactor themes and I think it goes without saying that all of the remixes of "Let the Battles Begin!" were greatly varied and awesome in their own ways, always looked forward to hearing when it would pop up again and what would be different about it this time around. Overall they really knocked it out of the park with this soundtrack which is especially impressive given its sheer size, would've expected at least one track to fall short but they all brought something enjoyable to the table.

Feb 19, 2018
Oct 26, 2017
Costa Rica

---

I just got the Ultimenia this morning and skimmed through it. There is a section where they talk about the ending in addition to a detailed interview with Nomura, Kitase, and Nojima, below are some of the answers they gave regarding the next installment.

-They don’t plan to remove locations and scenes that the fans expect to see from the original in the next installments, and that the continuation of the remake will not be entirely different from the OG. Nojima even mentioned that he would like to add villages from CC.
-They have a general image of the total number of parts for the remake, but can’t talk about it now.
-Nomura promised that the fans will get all the answers for the ending in the next installments, and hopefully he talk about it in a few years.

It’s a lengthy interview with a lot of story bits, I just wrote the most important things they mentioned from the the top of my head, hope it helps!
@ResetEra

---

Sephiroth’s page is interesting they briefly explain 19 scenes he appears in, categorizing Sephiroth’s “true form” for each scene into 4 types:
幻: an illusion that only Cloud can see
黒マント: black-hooded figures that are seen as sephiroth
回想: recollection, Sephiroth of the past
?: a question mark explained as Sephiroth that can be seen by others beside Cloud and is not one of the black-hooded men.
this question mark Sephiroth is the one that appears at the end of the Midgar Expressway during the end of the game
@ResetEra

Last edited:

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Man, shorter chunks made into full games?

The padding is real.

Part 2 ending in Forgotten City would be perfect, but I doubt that will be the case, especially if they want to add new villages and obviously the answers to the new mysteries... They might shuffle the order of locations as well, who knows at this point.

Last edited:

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
I think it will be 3 parts (4 at most) with each one be 3 to 4 years of development.

More of that would make people get tired without counting that each "part" possibly sells less than the previous one.
3 years seems to be reasonable.

It's going to be interesting to see if sales will follow the trend of past
FF sequels, but if they maintain high production values + promote iconic moments and locations I don't expect to hurt that much.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
3 years seems to be reasonable.

It's going to be interesting to see if sales will follow the trend of past
FF sequels, but if they maintain high production values + promote iconic moments and locations I don't expect to hurt that much.
Unfortunately, it seems like they've done everything possible to undercut that advantage.

First off, I... don't actually think the production values are that high. The environments are very low-poly most of the time, and the texture work is pretty shaky too... even though the game is able to keep the player completely railed in at all times.

Second, some of the choices made by the team seem bound to damage people's trust that the iconic moments are going to stay the same. If they play out
Aerith's death scene
but then reverse it for a happy ending, that could easily cause people's trust to be damaged irrevocably. =/

(My own trust is already... not that high right now. >_>; )