Final Fantasy X HD Remaster Audio Drama - MASSIVE SPOILERS AHEAD!

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

LightningXFang

Balamb Garden Freshman
Nov 12, 2013
Guys..........

- Most of this bonus audio are told by 2 characters: Chuami and Kurugum. They are sent to Besaid Island by Baralai to search for Yuna.

- Tidus isn't together with Yuna anymore, but of course, the real reason isn't explained. At the beggining of the drama, when Chuami, one of the protagonists asks Yuna about Tidus being her boyfriend, she still confirms, but at another point (although
I'm sure it's a lie) when the 2 protagonists are spying a convo between them, she is jealous about some Tidus' friend (Marufi - a friend according to him). Then, she tells him she doesn't care anymore and apparently got another person she likes. Weird enough, he just ask: Who?, which she replies "Someone you don't know."

- Later though, Tidus asks Lulu if she know about who could be Yuna's new love. Lulu gets pretty disappointed and says she thought Tidus would know Yuna a little bit more. She then tells Tidus to figure it himself.

- The weird part about this is when Kurugum, the other protagonists, tells Chuami that he likes Yuna and they should separate from each other. (Like they are trying to induce people to believe he is Yuna's new love, but I doubt it could be, as he has a voice of a 14 years old kid).

- Tidus is still a Blitzball star, but when Chuami handshake him, she notices he's pretty injured and with no energy at all, although he is trying to hide it. Later, when she meets him again, hiding from someone in Bevelle, she also notices he's injured. This may be related to why he and Yuna aren't together anymore.

- Apparently, Yuna woke up from her "bad dream" (aka her FFX-2 version) and is talking like her FFX self again. Rikku and Paine aren't mentioned in this bonus audio.

- Sin is back, although it's not explained why and how it's back. It's told, however, that it was activated by something (note that they use the word Summoned anymore).

- One of the protagonists (Chuami) of this bonus audio drama claims to be Auron's daughter, although this is confronted by Lulu when she mentions about it. Lulu even saus she doesn't look like Auron like Yuna looked like Braska and Tidus looked like Jecht.

- When she asks Lulu if her mother is a liar, she tells her that she wouldn't go so far, but if Auron was really her father, he would definitively make sure she would know, because that's how Auron was.

- In the end of the bonus audio, Yuna's famous words from FFX about defeating Sin are back, with the crowd cheering. You know what that means, right?

LightningXFang

Balamb Garden Freshman
Nov 12, 2013
Translated the first three minutes. I was a bit loose with some of the translations...

Tidus: It's been two years since the Eternal Calm started in the world of Spira. I was given a new life here. Everyday, I was able to walk with Yuna for a year. It was great... It really was.

Chuami: Me and Kurugumu always walked through the Bevelle Stadium---it was once Mika's. According to the plans for the stadium, it was supposed to be finished by now, but with them having developed as far as the framework of the structure, I wonder if it will ever open up? I wonder what the Spiran Council will do about this? Eh, I don't care. It's none of my business anyway. The main problem is the crowd waiting anxiously at the stadium's front, and the star player shining bright among them.
Kurugumu: Hey, Chuami. It's not that way. We have to hurry.
Chuami: Since it was just you waiting, I decided to be fashionably late. And look... isn't that Tidus?
Kurugumu: Huh? Hey, it is!
Chuami: Since we're already here, might as well take a closer look at the star player's face. Shall we?
Kurugumu: Um, sure...
Chuami: What? Are you nervous or something?
Kurugumu: *nervous chuckle*
Chuami: You're not freezing up because Tidus is a superstar, so to speak. It's because he was one of the legendary guardians. He's the guy who saved Spira with High Summoner Yuna. That's why. Don't worry, I'm nervous, too. Because he supposedly knew my father.

---

Ended at about four minutes.
*Tidus being cheered on as he enters the stadium*

Chuami: Best of luck, Tidus.
Tidus: Gotcha.
Chuami: "Gotcha." Those words weren't the only things that gave away his weakness. When I shook his hand, I could feel that he didn't have much energy.
Tidus: Okay, I gotta go. Let's meet again at the stadium!
Kurugumu: It's true... it really is like being around a star.
Chuami: Yeah, I see that. But...
Kurugumu: What is it?
Chuami: That guy---he was injured. I think he might not be well. Hey Kurugumu, who do you think's gonna win this game?
Kurugumu: Probably the Besaid Aurochs.
Chuami: Who do you think’s the second-best?
Kurugumu: The Al Bhed Psyches, maybe.
Chuami: Okay, let’s go to the betting house then. We might make a killing.
Kurugumu: Chuami… I’m not so sure about that…

Kaimi

Yevonite
Oct 10, 2013
Poland
I'm utterly mad at what I read about this audio drama: it pretty much negates the prequels, same as Final Fantasy XIII-2 did with Final Fantasy XIII. Yuna suddenly hating her journey with Rikku and Paine? Back to her near-FFX appearance and way of speech? Auron has some long-lost daughter? SIN RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY X!?
Still, I like Yuna's redesign: I like girls with long hair. ;)

BoN

Yevonite
Sep 26, 2013
Thailand
re-ffplanet.blogspot.com
My friend has summary the first part to me.

- Chuami heard from her mother that she's Auron's Daughter (although Auron never know that he has daughter)

- Kuruguum come from summoner family. After the end of sin, He has nothing to do.

- They are 2 Yevon group. Shin-Yevon and Yevoner.

- Yevoner are people that still come to temple and pray for the fayth that has gone. (Yuna and people in Besaid are Yevoner)

- Lulu is cheif of Besaid.

- Yuna said she hadn't contact Tidus for a while.
- Lulu said there are many people claim they are related to Auron, Braska Jecht. She didn't mean Chuami is lying. But if Auron has daughter, Auron must let her know.

- Chuami and Kurugum told Yuna that her group want Yuna to come to farplane. When Yuna and Wakka reach farplane, there are father and daughter who speaking with their dead mother. The surprise is Yuna group can hear the dead mother's voice. Kurugum said that's strange. Normally, only the person who summon the dead will hear their voice. So the reason that Bararai want Yuna to come to farplne is because he want Yuna to do something about this.

- Yuna and Wakka still didn't know what to do. Kurugum want Yuna to sent the dead soul, but Yuna rejected. Yuna said everyone has rights to see their beloved dead at farplane.

- On the way back, They have met Sin. Yuna said there are strong will of someone, summon Sin back again.

- They come to speak with Tidus at Bevelle. Yuna misunderstood that Malfi is Tidus new girlfriend. Tidus confirm that Malfi is just his friend. Yuna said she didn't care Tidus anymore, she has new love. Tidus asked who is Yuna new boyfriend. Yuna said he is someone Tidus don't know.

- Kurugum said to Chuami, he love Yuna so he can't be with Chuami anymore. Chuami said she isn't Kurugum's girlfriend from the beginning. No special relationship.

-----

My friend say that it's Raid time (FF14). And then she has offline from her facebook. =___,=

Joshua

Sphere Hunter
Oct 7, 2013
California
Hey I'm a bit confused. I saw a mention of a novel too? Is the novel separate from this audio drama? Chronologically which takes place last - the novel or this audio drama?

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
I think my main issue with this audio drama is while it injects jeopardy into the story to allow a sequel or other spin off to happen - a necessity - it has done so by negating the story of the original game into next to nothing. That's a bummer.

I like Yuna with long hair. Looks cool.

Well.

Okay, I did some light reading online and after glancing through a few separate translation attempts of what is in the audio drama, I think I've caught up and have a decently vague-enough idea of what the heck is going down. So what can I say about this?

I ask "why".

Something mightily bothers me, and I need to pin down exactly what it is. Is it the bizarre prospect of Sin returning, potentially taking a battering ram to nearly everything that FFX revolved around and how it concluded, thus setting up the stage for a FFX-2 that tackles the question of a Sinless Spira? Yes, that certainly royally bothers me. For one, it smacks of a lack of creativity and possibly even self-restraint. But on the other hand, Sin's return probably isn't a main focus. Perhaps it's just a side effect of something bigger. I can just about roll with that until we actually know something more concrete in our native tongue, or in a potential future game.

Is it what they have done with Yuna and Tidus, forcing them to put the brakes on their relationship, while talks are abound - at the very least - of another man in Yuna's life all of a sudden? Is it because what I've read has the bitter flavour of a corny teen love drama that I have no desire to see in Final Fantasy? Is it also because I cannot place on the radar what the deal is with Yuna's character anymore? Omit everyone's names and I will never guess that this is Yuna.

But maybe I'm just jumping the gun here. Maybe something unexpectedly great may grow out of this! Something we can all come together in the future to laugh about. But once again...why?

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
Well.

Okay, I did some light reading online and after glancing through a few separate translation attempts of what is in the audio drama, I think I've caught up and have a decently vague-enough idea of what the heck is going down. So what can I say about this?

I ask "why".

Something mightily bothers me, and I need to pin down exactly what it is. Is it the bizarre prospect of Sin returning, potentially taking a battering ram to nearly everything that FFX revolved around and how it concluded, thus setting up the stage for a FFX-2 that tackles the question of a Sinless Spira? Yes, that certainly royally bothers me. For one, it smacks of a lack of creativity and possibly even self-restraint. But on the other hand, Sin's return probably isn't a main focus. Perhaps it's just a side effect of something bigger. I can just about roll with that until we actually know something more concrete in our native tongue, or in a potential future game.

Is it what they have done with Yuna and Tidus, forcing them to put the brakes on their relationship, while talks are abound - at the very least - of another man in Yuna's life all of a sudden? Is it because what I've read has the bitter flavour of a corny teen love drama that I have no desire to see in Final Fantasy? Is it also because I cannot place on the radar what the deal is with Yuna's character anymore? Omit everyone's names and I will never guess that this is Yuna.

But maybe I'm just jumping the gun here. Maybe something unexpectedly great may grow out of this! Something we can all come together in the future to laugh about. But once again...why?
Because a new sequel means more money. "Let's disregard what happened in the previous games and throw everything to hell! That'd be great for a threequel!"

kamikki

PSICOM Soldier
Nov 18, 2013
Finland
This sequel, I guess really won't happen unless FFX-X-2 HD is some kind of megaton success. Which I doubt very much. Probably won't sell more than 200k copies in Japan, but I guess we'll see that Wednesday or Thursday (I'm taking everything out of my ass btw).
I also don't know what kind of resources Squenix Japan might have between FFVX, KH3, BD2, IOS shit, FFXIV, DQ10, DQ11 (yeah, not annouced, but cmon, and I don't think that Level5 is making it), etc. Maybe Toriyama team would work on this? I don't think that's a good idea ahah, inb4 Eidos.

Now, I don't understand the need to retcon everything so far, as this audio Drama seems to imply. I don't like the idea of an Auron daughter either, doesn't really fit the character (he was gay (jk)) and there is really not one bit of foreshadowing to this that I can think of. If she really is his daughter, both excuses, he didn't knew or he never talked about will sound very lame. There is a lot to explore in Spira, a lot of potential stories could be told without changing what was previously established beyond shadow of doubt, unless the shadow of doubt is Tidus returning... Well I don't think he should have ever returned, but it really never bothered me that much, since I took it like a happy forever after kind of fan service. Now if they continue the story by riding the inconsistency they previously created, for reasons, well that would bother me. Maybe.

Fin

Clan Centurio Member
UFFSite Veteran
Nov 22, 2013
Kanagawa, Japan
It would be a waste of their assets if they didn't reuse the remastered graphics that took longer to build than the original game :p

I think we can expect new FF games to get 2-3 sequels each now. It saves SE a ton of money and even if it sells poorly it will churn out some profit.

That said I don't know how to feel about a continuation of X. I don't care too much, and the drama track wasn't toooooo bad, but Auron's daughter or not, Miss "boob envy" Chuami is unbearably annoying and I would hate it if she was a main team member in an X-3. She should crawl back to the "I'm not like other girls" OC fanfic she came from. All she's missing is a wardrobe from Hot Topic and calling Yuna a prep.