Final Fantasy XV at E3 - Yes or No? Time to stake your pride!

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Will Final Fantasy XV be at E3?

• Yes, with a live demo (public or press-only)

Votes: 10 13.7%
  • Yes, with a trailer containing at least some new footage

Votes: 51 69.9%
  • No, but it will be mentioned or old trailers will be shown

Votes: 9 12.3%
  • No. It'll be swept under the rug for this year's show.

Votes: 3 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Starlord

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 14, 2014
Springfield, Massachusetts
Does anyone know if square enix will hold a future of final fantasy event like they did last year
As of yet no, but when they announced that last year it was June 6th. We should get SE lineup sometime this week ( kinda have too, June 9th is this coming up Monday :p.), and if there is any event like Future of FF, it will probably be said then too.

Slickyslacker

PSICOM Soldier
May 25, 2014
Chicago, IL
Now that Theatrhythm: CC has been attended to, SE might slip in a few words about it next week. But I don't think it would be a main presentation. They may be handling the marketing for it (thus far), but Nintendo should eventually help out in that department.

Remember, they have 4 booths planned for the event, and 2 "unnanounced game" presentations. I wouldn't jump the gun on predictions, being it that virtually anything is possible...well, you know, especially with Square Enix. You all know my hopes well.

I'd also like to bring into discussion the matter of the game's development. Although Tabata did declare that "100% will be given to development" for what was then Versus XIII, in 2011: it's highly debatable when DirectX 11-based development began, and when Versus XIII was overhauled into what we now know as FF XV.

By this time, the game has been in full production for around 3 years...but the game we saw in 2011 was radically different from what it has become. Practically a Kingdom Hearts clone, Versus XIII barely resembled the goals now aspired for by FF XV.

The development team did not officially decide to move development to eighth-gen consoles until 2012. It can be easily presumed that development was until then confined to PS3 development tools, and that DirectX 11 development did not begin until 2012.

Still, this puts FF XV right on track for a 2015 release. I do believe, however, that it will not be released until the second half of the year, allowing for yet another E3 showing.

We'll all find out next week, I suppose.

Source: http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XV#Development

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
Again I say: Didn't Square say the FF15 took priority after Lightning Returns? Now that the 13s are finished. And 15 is the next main installment, what else could be more important? No other game is more sought after by their company right now anyway. So better to finish 15, reveal and release it. Then do handhelds, spin-off, remasterings and other lower priority games till KH3 is done.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
Again I say: Didn't Square say the FF15 took priority after Lightning Returns? Now that the 13s are finished. And 15 is the next main installment, what else could be more important? No other game is more sought after by their company right now anyway. So better to finish 15, reveal and release it. Then do handhelds, spin-off, remasterings and other lower priority games till KH3 is done.
Western efforts that many seem to want to ignore. Tomb Raider, Hitman, Sleeping Dogs and Deus Ex are just as important as Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts and Dragon Quest. Like it or not. Did you know Tomb Raider sold over 6 million copies? That puts it in Final Fantasy territory so it's just as important.

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
Western efforts that many seem to want to ignore. Tomb Raider, Hitman, Sleeping Dogs and Deus Ex are just as important as Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts and Dragon Quest. Like it or not. Did you know Tomb Raider sold over 6 million copies? That puts it in Final Fantasy territory so it's just as important.
If people want to play Tomb Raider, fine. I'm not knocking that. But Iwas talking about RPGs. I see Square a mainly an RPG company. If Tomb Raider is more important that 15, a game several year in the making and wanted by millions since it was announced, then so be it. But I feel like any sequels to that Tomb Raider game wouldn't be farther along than 15, since it's been worked on for so long. Besides I only play RPGs, even if Eidios makes great TR games, all I'd be able to say is "good thing it sold well, this'll help their company." I wouldn't be able to enjoy it myself.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
I see Square a mainly an RPG company.
And that's the problem.

Eidos is a part of Square Enix now so you have to look at what both sides do and not just what Square Enix Japan does. They have to be included in discussions like this.

If Tomb Raider is more important that 15, a game several year in the making and wanted by millions since it was announced, then so be it. But I feel like any sequels to that Tomb Raider game wouldn't be farther along than 15, since it's been worked on for so long.
Tomb Raider is not more important then Final Fantasy XV. The Tomb Raider IP is equally as important as the Final Fantasy IP. That's what I'm saying.

It's not Final Fantasy above everything else. That's not how Square Enix sees it. They have other IPs besides Final Fantasy that they want to grow and become big sellers too.

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net

It's not Final Fantasy above everything else. That's not how Square Enix sees it. They have other IPs besides Final Fantasy that they want to grow and become big sellers too.
That's a shame. That means they'll be even less games for me to play. As it is, I already only get one RPG per year. If Square is gonna starting alternating between RPG and games/genres I don't like, then that'll mean I'll have to likely wait every 2 years to get a RPG.

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
I don't have a 3DS. But I guess, they'll be times when I'm waiting on Square RPGs, I'll just play Tales games. Namco and Square are the only RPG devs I can rely on. Gust and Compile Heart aren't any help. Their games are immature fetish-fuel. Even if it takes forever waiting for their games, I'm glad Square still does epic stories.

Sep 26, 2013
This is about as true as it gets. Square is going to go where the money tells them to go. However, by this logic, one must remember that XV remains a very important project, especially if this "world of the Versus Epic" means they want to launch a franchise. The Western titles are financially important. So is Final Fantasy. This is why I continue to believe it's not long odds that it'll show.

Kain

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Jun 5, 2014
Why not? FFXV is already a departure from "tradition," might as well release a mainline FF on a day other than Thursday once again.

15.5.2015 it is, my friends.

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
As long as Square can get RPGs out on Sony systems within a reasonable time (3-5 yrs) I'll be happy. If the Enix and Eidios games help them survive the poor-house, more power to them. *laments the lost days of Wild ARMs, Xenosaga, Chrono Cross.....*