Final Fantasy XV at E3 - Yes or No? Time to stake your pride!

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Will Final Fantasy XV be at E3?

• Yes, with a live demo (public or press-only)

Votes: 10 13.7%
  • Yes, with a trailer containing at least some new footage

Votes: 51 69.9%
  • No, but it will be mentioned or old trailers will be shown

Votes: 9 12.3%
  • No. It'll be swept under the rug for this year's show.

Votes: 3 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
I think there will be a trailer with at least some new footage shown.

Also I feel as if a release window would likely be announced too, them simply saying "Coming Q2 2015" or "Coming May 2015".

I never expected it any time before Q1 2015, and the way I see it, the earliest possible release for it is May 15th 2015, if it was going to be released before March 2015 it would have been reflected in the profit forecast for the 2015 financial year, which ends March 2015, and May 2015 fits for a release for multiple reasons

1: It's just after the 2015 financial forecast explaining why it's not reflected in it, and would more likely be in the 2016 forecast, which is March 2015 to March 2016.

2: 15/05/2015 works as a release date that ties in with the namesake, ARRXIV was released on PS4 on 14/04/2014, so they may continue this release date format with XV.

3: May 2015 is about 1 year from E3 2014, giving SE one whole year worth of pre-release coverage starting E3 this year up until release, about 1 years worth of pre-release coverage is what FF games usually get before release once their release window is set.

FFXIII got a media blowout around the start of 2009, and it came out at December 2009, and a the western blowout continued until it's March 2010 release, that was just over one years worth of pre-release coverage in quick succession, XIII-2 's media blowout began January 2011 and it came out December 2011, about 12 months worth of pre-release coverage, with around 13 months worth including the western release, Type-0's media blowout also began January 2011 and went up until release in October 2011, 10 months worth, LR's media blowout began around the start of 2013 and went right up until it's JP release in November 2013 and until February 2014 for the west.

So if XV is shown this E3, then I believe it will be the begining of XV's media blowout, that means we have about 1 years worth of coverage from trailers, interviews, magazine scans etc, until it's release, and May 2015 fits that pretty snug, being just 11 months after E3 2014.

4: It falls just before E3 2015, allowing them to announce XVI without problem next year.

I think this E3 they will just announce that it's coming May 2015 or even just Q2 2015, if it was a 2014 game or Q1 2015 then we'd already know due to the projected forecast having an increase of profits factoring in its "supposed" release.

In addition to that, they also said in March that it was very far into development, and by September this year it would have been 3 years worth of full development, by March 2015 that seems to allow them enough time to finish it off and prepare it for shipping to make the May 2015 release.

Airy Ariah

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
May 23, 2014
E3 is not really for the fans. It's a retailer event and that’s the primary focus.

Final Fantasy XV was shown last year to promote the PS4. It wasn’t really about pleasing the fans who have been waiting 8 years for this game. It was about getting people excited for the PS4 and its future so that they would go out and buy one at launch. Showing a powerful IP like Final Fantasy is great way to do that.

They did the exact same thing with Final Fantasy XIII and Versus XIII back at E3 2006. Those two titles were shown early to help promote the PS3.

If you ever wondered why fans end up being disappointed with press conferences, it’s because they’re not designed for them. Of course, it’s a bonus if they end up showing something you’re looking forward to though. However, E3 is about showcasing upcoming products to retailers. It's about trying to get those order numbers up.
I think it was about promoting the PS4, but I think it was also about Square showing strong alongside next-gen in general, with the XBO announcement too, as shareholders were probably beginning to lose faith.

Amiti

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Oct 26, 2013
I'm gonna go with option 2. Any new footage of XV will satisfy me. Anything more and my inner fan boy will start getting the better of me.

May 26, 2014
After spending a long time deciding between option 2 and option 3, I went with option 3. I could really see it going either way. I don't think it would be too far fetched to think that we'll get the "improved-but-largely-the-same" trailer from Thailand comic con accompanied by a release window (if we're lucky).

Prince Naphtali

ShinRa SOLDIER
Dec 23, 2013
I'm gonna go with both of the first two options... I feel like something will be shown and most likely something new (whether is long or short or revamped old footage remains unknown) but yeah he's to wishful thinking!!!

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
I want to believe that it'll be there, so I voted that we'll have some new footage. But I don't know, I'll always expect the worst from these guys until they really show they're on the right track (curiously enough, I'm more pissed off by the fact that they don't show anything than by the lack of a release date).
You're right about that! Never even thought about summons. I'll still take anything new though.
This. Seriously, because I don't know how they're going to pull it off, considering just how massive Leviathan is (I'm guessing it would be some kind of one-attack thing, but I don't know).

Although if they show actual footage of a city... oh, boy. It might seem silly, but it's the part that I've always been most excited about (especially after the fucking XIII trilogy), and even if they have shown both Lucis and Accordo, that footage was of a battle/set-piece. I want to see how big, seamless and detailed everything is, how NPCs behave... FF XII was amazing in that regard, the amount of detail is outstanding for a PS2 game, and Ivalice felt like alive .

Last edited:

Takoyaki

SOLDIER Second Class
May 27, 2014
I think it'll be there with a trailer having mixes of old and new. Whether it's at a conference or not is open for discussion, but I'll lean on it being at one of them. I still take what Hashimoto as some good truth so I look forward to it.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
I have a feeling it might be shown at microsoft's press confrence just like they showed another big japanese game mgsv last year

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
Out of all the FF games that has come out ( mainline only), none of the games have ever appeared at a Microsoft conference. I hope it stays the way. FF at a Playstation conference is kinda a staple.
Final Fantasy xiii was at microsofts confrence at e3 2008
and 2009