Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Apparently I missed the part where SE forces you to buy the Season Pass before you can start playing the game.

Just wait for the official announcement of their DLC plans.
Gamescom is only 2 weeks away :)
On one hand, Square shouldn´t have told SONY about it until they officially announced it :/

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Hey there. I wonder what DLC this will include? I'd imagine it'd have to be all the shit you get from pre-ordering at different locations or something, but hopefully more than that to warrant a "season pass" (why the fuck is it common practice to call it a season pass this isn't Disney land mother fucker).

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
I just think calling it a season pass in general is dumb, though. Have these people even MET gamers? Kid gloves, man. Calling it a season pass just makes it sound like it's a subscription or something. Call it "Ultimate LAser Boobs Edition" or something.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
I don't get how this is suddenly problematic for people despite The Switcher 3 and Dark Souls doing the same thing.
I saw people complaining (the usual suspects) on Twitter earlier. I think it has something to do with getting the ultimate collector edition without getting the season pass included, which I don't see why that matters.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Something I noticed while working on my debug translations is that the party actions actually show the cost of how many charge units they take.

If you look at the bottom left under the sword icon for Gladio's Tempest ability, you'll see one bar highlighted with two bars that are dimmed. This means that you might get skills later on in the game that takes two or even three bars for more powerful abilities.

Pretty cool! Also, still working on my debug thread... hopefully will be done soon.

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
Guys, do you think FFXV gets more overhate than hype thus far?
It's divisive for sure but generally speaking I think it's still way more positive than negative.

But it doesn't matter anyway, the game's out in less than two months and we'll finally see how good it really is. I'm strangely interested in how the game does review-wise but at the same time I couldn't care less..... if that makes any sense.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Yes and no, depends where you look. I think there is a certain group of people who are nostalgic over Versus and wont let it go and they are a blight on the community.
Add to that your typical jaded FF purists and trolls and it kind of piles up.
There's a common factor here. Resistance to change. It comes in many forms and strengths. It's natural at reasonable levels, but anything with a cult like following will pick up a proportionally greater concentration of fans who are disinterested and/or distrustful of change. It's especially prevalent in this series as the attachments are highly emotional.

Luckily, the highest 1% of changeophobes represent or influence the majority of the internet negativity. This isn't to say that there aren't question marks, mind you, just that there's a significant amount of irrationality. I'd have to say at this point the hate is more overhyped than the game. And as Infest says above me, it doesn't matter. In two months, questions will be answered. There won't be as much room for hyperbole.

But, anyway, overall, I totally agree that those people suck. In a way that only breeds more suck. I'll never get the appeal.

Sep 26, 2013
Something I wanted to point out is I noticed that Prompto has an ability as in the screenshot where his ability takes up two bars, confirming my theory about the party abilities.

Kind of hard to make out here, so I enhanced the image.

This ability is called スターシェル (Star Shell) by the way.
Very cool and an excellent observation, though I believe that's Prompto's flare move and I'm pretty shocked it's priced at two bars.