Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

Omegataco

PSICOM Soldier
Apr 1, 2016
That one next to it may be for the ring of Lucis.
If you're talking about the one that looks like a ring, I'm pretty sure that's the main magic tree. But I would be willing to bet that there's going to be one that unlocks for the Ring of the Lucii once you acquire it. If you look on the far right of the tree menu, there's an empty space for one more tree between the Exploration tree and the R1 button prompt.

I bet this Royal Arms tree also expands as you acquire more of the weapons? It looks kind of short compared to the other trees.

Bionicle8563

SOLDIER Second Class
May 25, 2016
Australia M8
Oh yeah, have you guys noticed that in XV, bombs work the complete opposite
in order to kill them you have to keep attacking, because if you don't they expand and explode
Unless that's been the way for the past couple games. Idk, bombs in my mind have always been "Kill in less than x attacks"

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Yea so the two things I noticed is that there is definitely going to be another slot for the Ring of Lucis when you acquire it, otherwise it would be odd to not center the 8 already present. You can just tell that one more box fits there.

The other thing that i saw was with the quest list. This is supposed to be up to chapter 5 right? Ik that some high level quests are there but there is barely anything over the high twenties and it looks like it covers almost every important landmark on that map. My point is there is definitely way more to this game then they are showing. Also, does anyone think that the leveling goes past 100? I feel like everyone levels extremely quickly in this game, but I'm sure it gets exponentially slower as you get stronger.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Oh yeah, have you guys noticed that in XV, bombs work the complete opposite
in order to kill them you have to keep attacking, because if you don't they expand and explode
Unless that's been the way for the past couple games. Idk, bombs in my mind have always been "Kill in less than x attacks"
The problem with that, is that in this game, that would me favoring a specific weapon type, since all weapons attack at different rates.

Bionicle8563

SOLDIER Second Class
May 25, 2016
Australia M8
@Paperchampion23
you would be right, but the rate of expansion of a bomb is slow and obvious (its in 3 main stages that you can catch them in, and a final stage of them running after you to explode, or at least that's what it seems like to me) but when you attack them, they lose some size. From the footage it seems like the amount they lose is tied to the amount of damage you deal, but it might just be each attack takes off x% of the bomb size or something, who knows. So it looks like it should be possible killing with with both slow and fast weapons, it all just depends on when you notice the bomb

Bionicle8563

SOLDIER Second Class
May 25, 2016
Australia M8
Also guys I finally realized what that halo around Noctis' head was. It's a status ailment, in the Jap gameplay it was
Confusion
. So it may be possible to recognize what type of ailment you are inflicted with, and hence react to it. That's pretty cool IMO, cause there are like 3 or 4 ways you recognize status effects/ailments.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
@Paperchampion23
you would be right, but the rate of expansion of a bomb is slow and obvious (its in 3 main stages that you can catch them in, and a final stage of them running after you to explode, or at least that's what it seems like to me) but when you attack them, they lose some size. From the footage it seems like the amount they lose is tied to the amount of damage you deal, but it might just be each attack takes off x% of the bomb size or something, who knows. So it looks like it should be possible killing with with both slow and fast weapons, it all just depends on when you notice the bomb
Ahh okay!

Prince Naphtali

ShinRa SOLDIER
Dec 23, 2013
I-really-Wish-that-They-would-put-water-,earth,-and-wind/air-elements-in-the-game-too,just-three-magics-kinda-messes-with-me-a-tad-bit,especially-water-since-it's-everywhere-and-if-you-can-cast-blizzard-logically-water-should-be-there-too.(sorry-I'm-back-on-my-computer,nt-my-tablet-this-time)

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
38 days, guys! I don't know what I'll feel once I get the actual game itself in my hand.

Was thinking about when I use to talk about the power of the PS3 back then with my friends saying how VersusXIII will really show the true potential of the console xD

Been too long a wait but I feel XV will make me feel how I did in my younger days playing FF and forgetting about the world around me :D

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Last edited:

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
For anyone who is interested in the English translation of the 37 minute Famitsu video here's a link. All credit and thanks goes to Merutan for taking the time to translate all of this for us to enjoy.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comments/58m27d/translated_highlights_of_famitsu_video/

Banter is pretty funny as always between the dudes and nice fourth wall break by Prompto.
Ignis: Perhaps we need a key to remove the seal.
Prompto: Key? You mean the ones in RPGs that can open all doors?

He's definitely become my favorite.

Last edited: