Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
Look at all you guys gobbling up all dat delicious FFXV media, while I'm here staring at a page with no images and full of spoiler tags xD
How my FFXV related pages look:

It seems The Last Guardian has gone gold before FFXV despite it coming out a few days later lol.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Look at all you guys gobbling up all dat delicious FFXV media, while I'm here staring at a page with no images and full of spoiler tags xD
How my FFXV related pages look:

It seems The Last Guardian has gone gold before FFXV despite it coming out a few days later lol.
Give in!! You know you wanna!

I'm working on GIFing the armiger footage from the Polygon video as we speak, BTW. To add to the awesomeness. But it's taking FOREVER.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Hahaha xD

I've always been cautious of reviews, specifically in video format, ever since GameTrailers spoiled the end boss fight of Tales of Vesperia by showing a clip of it.
Thankfully I only learnt of this after completing the game :D
I have a wonderful ability to gloss over plot details like that. The hard part is trying to avoid people's interpretations of it all. Those are the real spoilers, when someone figures it all out and writes it down plain as day for me.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
I have a wonderful ability to gloss over plot details like that. The hard part is trying to avoid people's interpretations of it all. Those are the real spoilers, when someone figures it all out and writes it down plain as day for me.
For me, upon viewing such things so many possibilities, theories and speculations of what I have sceen just flashes through my mind.....and then I have to apply bleach to my eyes and try to forget about it by simulating short term amnesia via a hammer!

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
For me, upon viewing such things so many possibilities, theories and speculations of what I have sceen just flashes through my mind.....and then I have to apply bleach to my eyes and try to forget about it by simulating short term amnesia via a hammer!
Yeah, it's a talent for me to not let any of that make sense, lol.

But inevitably, there will be someone who pieces the clues together and ruins it for everyone so they can be the first to talk about it. That's the stuff I'm dreading. I love reading all these interpretations AFTER I've played it the first time, ya know?

But, all this is because I'm a gameplay-centric player. I'm usually just happy something HAS a plot.

Jul 16, 2015
I have strong feeling that they gonna show Pro footage, otherwise they will spoil alot.
I would assume they would also show something new besides just the Pro footage and it is high time we got to see that in action so we can all decide if we are going to get one for FFXV or not. As of late the standard PS4 version looks orders of magnitude better than it did at TGS and Gamescom with the image quality being almost flawless so I personally may not upgrade just yet. It really depends on how much they are going to do with FFXV on the Pro. When they first showed the off screen footage of FFXV I was blown away because it was at a time when the game looked really rough on the standard PS4 but now it is gorgeous with all the improvements so we'll see.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
UGh, I tried, but I can't get anything to work. Anyone else want to give it a shot?

Was trying to work off of this clip:

and make a gif out of the armiger from 56:30 to 56:47 but the site I was using either isn't working right right now, or it's just too big of a video for it to work with.

Of course, this being the internet, there's probably already a gif of it.

Oct 19, 2013
Will you guys we watching/reading the full reviews as well before playing?
Man, I've been seriously thinking of going in completely blind without reading about any other opinions, even the positive ones, but I think it will be impossible to avoid everything, as I can't just avoid the whole internet and GAF for one or two months, lol. Even if I don't read reviews/review threads, people will talk about the game's reception in general everywhere on Social Media (even in non-FFXV threads).

But no way I will read any full reviews. I haven't done so for any game before playing for a few years now and it was a good decision. I enjoyed everything way more without always subconsciously internalizing the often hyperbolic reception on GAF or, hell, the internet in general.