Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
These are from our new member Munba's Twitter account. Thank you these are incredible.

Wonder where Lucil and Terraverde are on the map. I know they are concept art but the fact that they are named locations intrigues me. And I REALLY want to know if that Desert/Snow area will exist in game as well. GOD my imagination is getting the best of me.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
you can see this on tgs trailer, the train scene is in a desert and snowy mountains are visible in the distance.

ruins are also visible, that rumor of Solheim been the precursor of Niflheim is plausible.
Now the only question is, is your car readily available and able to be taken out to drive on this land lol.

I still find this map absolutely intriguing. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ctl4xtbUIAAt2Ti.jpg
It only shows Lucis basically, but look at all that land to the north, east and south east. The area you are talking about seems to be to the southeast, yet no roads are shown. But i still firmly believe there has to be roads as we are able to fly the airship to any location. Would be a complete waste if we couldnt land in certain spots lol.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Now the only question is, is your car readily available and able to be taken out to drive on this land lol.
i don't think the car will be available on the train segment, but we did see the party invading niflheim with the regalia... tbh it would be pretty weird if you could fly above the map and not be able to land so there might be some roads.

Jul 16, 2015
Wonder where Lucil and Terraverde are on the map. I know they are concept art but the fact that they are named locations intrigues me. And I REALLY want to know if that Desert/Snow area will exist in game as well. GOD my imagination is getting the best of me.
I don't see why any of these places wouldn't be in the game so I wouldn't worry. These places look so beautiful and have a more otherworldly look and feel compared to some of the Lucian areas which brings to mind Tabata's comments about how the game gets more and more fantastical the further you progress into the game. I am so stoked about exploring this stunningly beautiful world. The art directors deserve the god damn Nobel prize for best fucking artwork of all time after this game is released.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
I don't see why any of these places wouldn't be in the game so I wouldn't worry. These places look so beautiful and have a more otherworldly look and feel compared to some of the Lucian areas which brings to mind Tabata's comments about how the game gets more and more fantastical the further you progress into the game. I am so stoked about exploring this stunningly beautiful world. The art directors deserve the god damn Nobel prize for best fucking artwork of all time after this game is released.
I absolutely cannot wait to see what this game really has in store.

Jul 16, 2015
Okay with this, it makes me believe that Terraverde is the Niflheim/Tenebrae/Solheim equivalent of Lucis and Accordo to Insomnia and Altissia respectively. Theres just so much variety in one space just like Lucis is with Leide, Duscae and Cleigne.
I actually think this my be the area within Accordo given that the word Terraverde has an Italian/Latin origin it fits that area just like how Altissia is inspired by Venice. It means green earth/land which doesn't really fit with Niflheim.

Last edited:

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
Yeah, Terraverde makes you think of Accordo.

BTW, do you think that Insomnia pic is happening in the game? It looks like some sort of resistance against Niflheim. That dude is suited, but doesn't really strike me as Regis or Noctis.

I just showed "Omen" to my friend who is really far from Final Fantasy, even from gaming itself, he barely plays any games. He was genuinly amazed by it, and want to know full story, asked for my ps4 when i finish the game :p
Similar thing here. Most of my friends (except for maybe a few) aren't really interested in games (not beyond FIFA, NBA 2k and the like, anyway), but they really liked what I showed them of the Omen trailer.

It's a great trailer to make people excited (especially Westerners), but also a good piece of media in its own. It tells an interesting story (in an interesting way) and really gets the nature of dreams (and premonitions, I guess).

Jul 16, 2015
Yeah, Terraverde makes you think of Accordo.

BTW, do you think that Insomnia pic is happening in the game? It looks like some sort of resistance against Niflheim. That dude is suited, but doesn't really strike me as Regis or Noctis.

Similar thing here. Most of my friends (except for maybe a few) aren't really interested in games (not beyond FIFA, NBA 2k and the like, anyway), but they really liked what I showed them of the Omen trailer.

It's a great trailer to make people excited (especially Westerners), but also a good piece of media in its own. It tells an interesting story (in an interesting way) and really gets the nature of dreams (and premonitions, I guess).
I agree with you about the Insomnia artwork. It doesn't look like it was from the Invasion in Kingsglaive. That character doesn't look like Regis or Noctis like you said so it may be in the game somewhere.