Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
I think its just concept art of Insomnia invasion, what we've seen in Kingsglaive.
Yeah, most likely. Actually, didn't Naora show this or last year concept of a suited Noctis in Insomnia? That's why I asked if this was in the game. Really good picture, anyways.

I agree with you about the Insomnia artwork. It doesn't look like it was from the Invasion in Kingsglaive. That character doesn't look like Regis or Noctis like you said so it may be in the game somewhere.
Maybe it's Driver-san Kappa. I'll always miss his "Noctis-orgy", that's all I know.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Found this on Reddit. So the director for the DLC (not Tabata) wants everyone to have huge expectations for the DLC content.

Also explains the gameplay dynamics for each character.

Gamereactor (Scandinavian's biggest gaming site) talked the other day with the man behind Final Fantasy XV DLC, Haruyoshi Sawatari, and he made it clear that expectations for the extra content is huge.

"What we're really aiming for with the characters in each episode is to really tailor everything to the personality of the characters themselves. So for example, obviously Episode Gladio is the one you've seen the most of here. It's really focusing on him as a strong, action-driven character, a heavy-hitting combat character with much more combat, action-focused gameplay. Then compared to that Ignis is a much more strategic, tactical take on combat, so a totally different experience there. And finally for Prompto it's going to be more of a shooting-style game, the emphasis is really going to be on shooting action, so that's the kind of gameplay differences I can point out there. So hopefully that will get people's interests up and get some high expectations towards that and how we're aiming on expanding the gameplay."

"We want people to have massive expectations for this, so 'watch with baited breath' I suppose."

So there you have it.

Gladio DLC = Action-focused gameplay

Ignis DLC = Strategic and tactical gameplay

Prompto DLC = Shooting action gameplay (Guns, guns, lots of guns!)

https://m.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comments/59x1xs/gamereactor_haruyoshi_sawatari_has_huge/

Referenced Danish website

http://www.gamereactor.dk/nyheder/4...idelser/?sid=721c6cce307c8162781bf0fefa7f0854

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland

the character here looks a lot like Wesker (the clothes are similar), one of Regis companions.

maybe he'll help us retaking imsomnia, or appears in a flashback.

edit:

sometimes i even forget tenebrae is in the game since it was barely featured on latest trailers lol... curious to know where is located in the world map.

Last edited:

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
Gonna be skipping the pre-title screen intro since they usually give away too much of whats to come. I liked how FFVII and VIII had it though and if it's in the same style then all's good :D

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
https://twitter.com/Finaland_/status/792373756790472704

gameplay with death spell and royal shuriken (low quality)

i'll orgasm each time i do an aerial battle, i swear.

edit: looks like the sky gets darker when you use thundaga... fuck this game is amazing.

edit 2:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=222020131&postcount=327

"I like everything about it: the world, the combat, the difficulty, the music (so good), the characters' dumb banter, the fact that you can drive around listening to the Red Wings theme. It'll be interesting to see how it holds up."

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
I actually think this my be the area within Accordo given that the word Terraverde has an Italian/Latin origin it fits that area just like how Altissia is inspired by Venice. It means green earth/land which doesn't really fit with Niflheim.

Definitely true! Just so excited to see and explore considering everything in lucis has basically been seen aside from the the rock of ravatough and caem by chapter 5. There's definitely much more to this world, even though I'd already be satisfied with just exploring Lucis as it look breathtaking.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
So found out that Ray Chase(Noctis' VA)does the voice for Edgar in World of Final Fantasy:

Playing a prince again lol but his voice work for Edgar fit's perfectly :D
Sidenote(what they did to Vivi's voice is a crime!)

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
https://twitter.com/Finaland_/status/792373756790472704

gameplay with death spell and royal shuriken (low quality)

i'll orgasm each time i do an aerial battle, i swear.

edit: looks like the sky gets darker when you use thundaga... fuck this game is amazing.

edit 2:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=222020131&postcount=327

"I like everything about it: the world, the combat, the difficulty, the music (so good), the characters' dumb banter, the fact that you can drive around listening to the Red Wings theme. It'll be interesting to see how it holds up."
Amazing gameplay. Compare this player's play through with the one shown on stage at PGW and it goes to show what a huge difference the combat and camera can be in the hands of a skilled player.

Goes to show that people need to stop blaming the game when it really is the player who just legitimately sucks. I have concerns over reviewers succumbing to this and scoring the game low due due to their lack of skill.

With that said glad there will be a day one patch for the camera so that casuals can experience the game better.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
So found out that Ray Chase(Noctis' VA)does the voice for Edgar in World of Final Fantasy:

Playing a prince again lol but his voice work for Edgar fit's perfectly :D
Sidenote(what they did to Vivi's voice is a crime!)
Edgar trying to hit on Terra... massive fail lol

Wonder if there will be moments like that in 15? Would be funny if one of the guys fail and the others give him crap for it.

Munba

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Aug 23, 2016
Some impressions about 30 mins demo (think it was the '2 weeks ago' version).
- The combat is really fun and SMOOTH. I was able to defeat lv12 Rhino at lv1 XD Just because you are really able to do anything and move around fast. Was able to make some combos with Gladio too. Animations when you play in combat are truly thousands, for every damn thing lol.
- First area is HUGE, now i can see what other people meant in their previews... the sensation of a live world is strong also in some areas where there are nothing apparently. But you can find 'rare' monsters, herbs and minerals and also items on the ground not signed on the map. So the exploration is solid, it's not a vast land with nothing like i feared.
- I arrived at the end of the 30 mins demo-time when the sun was setting behind the mountains (i wanted to see the night! sigh), the lighting and general atmosphere in that moment was superb..
- Played it on PS4 (base) and i think technically was great, from Gamescon version is light-years better. I presume on PRO will be magnificent.

(sorry for the bad english if any)

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
I've always wanted to see Active Time Event's make a return to FF.
Absolutely loved seeing those optional scenes, witnessing what other characters in the games world were getting up to.
Would've been cool if they added something similar in XV.

Jecht Spheres were great as well. Really added to the character development of Auron and important non-playable and not very exposed characters like Jecht and Braska.
Regis spheres would be very much welcomed xD

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/932981-final-fantasy-xv/74488662

Infos :

- Their goal for the DLCs is really to focus on Noctis' friends .
- Each DLCs includes new story elements , new gameplay experiences and new locations .
- The journalist(s) saw footage of Gladio's DLC , it was in a cave and represented 20% of what the devs are aiming for , and that the animations still needed to be worked on .
- They saw a fight against an armored guy and it really reminded them of the Souls Saga .
- The footage ended with a more powerful boss .
- The length of each DLCs should be enough for every kind of gamer .
- The DLCs aren't linked to Kingsglaive or Brotherhood , just the main game .
- They won't talk about their planning until it is ready .
- The team is aware of the high demand of a DLC featuring Luna as the heroin and he said they will think about it.
- Gladio's gameplay is action oriented , it is quite different from Noctis' .
- Sawatari Haru Yoshi (the DLC director ) worked on Bloodborne and he admits that Gladio's gameplay has some similarities. He is happy that the journalist noticed this detail.
- From the beginning FFXV , the main game , was focused on Noctis so they aren't worried about those who think party switching was removed to make new DLCs . The DLCs are purely additional content.

i want to play this game for a long time, so i welcome more dlcs... and luna as a controllable member would be fantastic.

mumba thanks a lot for the impressions ; )

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
- The length of each DLCs should be enough for every kind of gamer .
lol whatever the fuk that means xD

- Sawatari Haru Yoshi (the DLC director ) worked on Bloodborne and he admits that Gladio's gameplay has some similarities . He is happy that the journalist noticed this detail .
This is good. This is very good!

- The team is aware of the high demand of a DLC featuring Luna as the heroin and he said they will think about it.
I'm okay with this but at least have her playable for a short amount of time in the full game and would be nice for her to be a companion A.I for at least one chapter.