Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Sep 1, 2016
- Their goal for the DLCs is really to focus on Noctis' friends .
- The team is aware of the high demand of a DLC featuring Luna as the heroin and he said they will think about it.
- Gladio's gameplay is action oriented , it is quite different from Noctis' .

i want to play this game for a long time, so i welcome more dlcs... and luna as a controllable member would be fantastic.
Even if SE want the DLC to focus on Noctis' friends, I'd like to think Luna is also his friend - if not more than friends. So yes please, I would love to play as Luna. Her DLC would be so well-received, SE would be foolish not to include her as a playable character. And I think Luna's DLC would provide an interesting insight into her character and journey. SE have been so tight-lipped about her, it makes me to want to learn everything about her since she parallels Noctis so much....

I really like the idea that each DLC will be getting different gameplay styles. It brings about a nice change and it would make sense that each friend has a different fighting style: Gladio with action-orientated gameplay, I imagine Ignis is more strategic and Prompto will be shooting gameplay. I remember in one of the old Versus trailers where you could switch characters, Prompto was like a 3rd-person shooter - they'll probably implement and refine on that.

Last edited:

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
Depends. I mean there is some fun to be had from it if you're not all serious about it.
For instance, some people make silly/fun bets over it.
Have some of you never followed a sport? there's nothing wrong with making bets and predictions and rooting for outcomes and all that. That's like, half the fun of following these games online. There's no need to be all above it all, just have fun with it.
Just like ChingleeTribal said, there's nothing wrong when it's for fun, in fact if you ask me, I'll guess the game will have a 85-90 Metascore. The poster above me said he "genuinly laughed so hard at people who think that will score <85", because, apparently that's not a reasonable outcome? This is the year of strange outcomes (See: Trump, Donald), so I wouldn't rule anything out.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Just like ChingleeTribal said, there's nothing wrong when it's for fun, in fact if you ask me, I'll guess the game will have a 85-90 Metascore. The poster above me said he "genuinly laughed so hard at people who think that will score <85", because, apparently that's not a reasonable outcome? This is the year of strange outcomes (See: Trump, Donald), so I wouldn't rule anything out.
Ugh, don't remind me, lol

On monday Jason Schreier is going to post a Q&A about the first five chapters of the game on Kotaku. Someone who has a Kotaku account could ask him about the Titan fight, if only for a final nail in the coffin.
That nail is already in enough. The premise was that the fight was edited just for the previews. all reports are already in agreement that that's all there is on the preview copy.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
I wonder, is there a Ramuh boss fight or do we obtain him the same way we do in Duscae? Some previews already showed his summon, but I thought we were supposed to fight all of the summons before we obtain them, save for carbuncle.

Edit: Also, you can completely see Accordo in the Caem Trailer way back when https://imgur.com/a/1nc7i (hard to see here, but its definitely there)

Easier to see here: https://imgur.com/a/Yotc7
Which can be further seen here: https://imgur.com/a/6YNBD

Sorry, I'm a geography nut, especially in Video games. This game fills that void for me so much.

Last edited:

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
I wonder, is there a Ramuh boss fight or do we obtain him the same way we do in Duscae? Some previews already showed his summon, but I thought we were supposed to fight all of the summons before we obtain them, save for carbuncle.
I'm betting on no fight against him.

I don't know if this is a spoiler considering it's on previews, but I'll treat it as such, just in case.

SPOILERS FOR RAMUH QUEST AND NAME AND NUMBER OF ALL THE SUMMONS:
There is a mission, I think, called "Ramuh's trial". It seems like this quest happens in the same cave where you obtain him in ED (albeit, obviously, revamped to fit the newer mechanics and made more complex and with different enemies).

You even get to see the tree in one of the videos, I think. So it's probably going to be a mission (killing the Naga? I don't recall if it was in that cave) and then getting to the tree to see how you've passed the trial. Maybe a short cutscene.

To be honest, I didn't expect a battle against him, don't know why. Maybe it's because Tabata said they included Ramuh in ED (and not Titan) precisely because of his low relevance in the game's plot.

We're fighting, for sure, Titan, Leviathan (whether it's just a big set piece and doesn't have traditional battles like in Titan I don't know) and Ifrit. So that leaves us Ramuh (don't think so), Shiva (I could see some skirmish against her considering her personality in XV and the freezing train scene, but kinda doubt it) and Bahamut (I'm saying... yes. At least a human form or something, if he really is the guy in the Cosmogony book).

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Definitely a possibility. Especially if they have to return to Insomnia at some point, I can see them coming from that North end instead, hopefully the collapsed bridge scene is sill in there. Definitely excited to see remnants of this huge war they had all over the environment. Also that north end where Galahd supposedly is definitely seems to extend a lot more west as well and eventually heads south towards that other stretch of land seen here (look closely at the top part of the picture, it definitely connects with that other big massive piece of land to the west):

I just think when this map was conceived, the road layout wasn't decided yet for the other stretches of land.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
the yellow line (train) seems to continue on the left side, while it stops on the other.

could mean this is not the full map, dunno.
Oh I definitely think its not. There are instances where you can see the train and there are roads next to it. If thats the case and you can fly the regalia, you can theoretically land on those roads and explore the areas outside of the train (which I'm sure you can already, I dont expect to stay stuck on a train for the remainder of the game without being able to explore and fight to an extent). Tabata already stated that Duscae, the region not the demo, accounts for less than 10% of the worlds entire map. Lucis itself can only account for about 30% by that statement then, which means there has to be plenty of more game world we haven't seen. The only other thing I can think of is that we basically explore all of Lucis by the time Chapter 4 ends, with the exception of the Rock of Ravatough and the Vesperpool (both still have road blocks to their areas by this point). After we fight titan, we really have no idea where the game's direction heads. Altissia probably doesn't happen until later, so Caem probably doesn't get visited until later as well.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
that makes sense, i think altissia is kinda the transition point from one half to the other... but since this might not be the complete map, i dunno.

but... about what's written in the picture, can anyone translate it?

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
that makes sense, i think altissia is kinda the transition point from one half to the other... but since this might not be the complete map, i dunno.

but... about what's written in the picture, can anyone translate it?
I know some rough Japanese, the bottom katakana at the end says Dekiru Mappu- which translates to final/complete map. I have no idea what the Kanji says though. But I wouldn't get discouraged by that, as it could just mean the final map layout, not exactly where the roads and such exist. For example, there HAS to be roads in order to travel to where the Marlboro is in that bottom area of that map, as well as every other area that they put a picture and connect it to some empty portion of the map with no roads. The map is also obviously cut off as you can't see where that yellow train line ends up, as well as the rest of accordo/altissia.

Edit: If someone can translate the Kanji in front of it though, it might have some more information.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Wait, I actually just realized something about that map. The continent with the yellow line (what we think is the train) is NOT geographically where we think it is. Theres a white line separating the Map of Lucis and Altissia from it. It is somewhere else completely, not directly west of Lucis like you see here. Now I'm REALLY interested to see where it actually could be. It could still be west but it's not exactly like that.

Aug 13, 2016
To celebrate with there just being a month to go, i've attached the below video:

I have many great memories of E3 2013 and it remains my favourite E3 to this day. That reveal trailer is one of the best video game trailers ever in my opinion and the Kingdom Hearts 3 announcement topped it off.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
Ain't gonna lie, apart from the Witcher 3, other games I've played while waiting for XV just quickly lose their 'flavour' because of how much I'm anticipating FFXV.
It's a weird feeling. No matter what I play it doesn't fill the void and it's kinda become "let me play this to satiate my waiting for THE game".

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
this battle system is a work of art.

i'll probably repeat this fight... looks fun and amazing visual-wise; you can see a few new moves in this video and armiger.

it's another thing with a skilled player, i literally can't wait to master this... even the camera is better if you control it right (compared to the other PGW video, it's miles better here).

i think we still not wake up for the fact: this shit is advent children.

edit:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/932981-final-fantasy-xv/74493379

"The vast and varied lands of Terraverde, a Continent of Eos."

seems this will make for the final game ; )

bet it's the second continent of the map where Niflheim and Tenebrae are located.

Last edited: