Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Even the targeting while the camera is moving looks smooth.

Tokyo Team going out all. in full force

EDIT: Looks like the party is currently level 65, Noctis also has only 9 royal weapons out of 13 in this Armiger Arsenal.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
this battle system is a work of art.

i'll probably repeat this fight... looks fun and amazing visual-wise; you can see a few new moves in this video and armiger.

it's another thing with a skilled player, i literally can't wait to master this... even the camera is better if you control it right (compared to the other PGW video, it's miles better here).

i think we still not wake up for the fact: this shit is advent children.

edit:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/932981-final-fantasy-xv/74493379

"The vast and varied lands of Terraverde, a Continent of Eos."

seems this will make for the final game ; )

bet it's the second continent of the map where Niflheim and Tenebrae are located.

Literally the confirmation ive been waiting for! The game is completely being deceptive about how actually vast it really is.

Love how they call masses of land in this game, continents, because that's how they really feel

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
I know some rough Japanese, the bottom katakana at the end says Dekiru Mappu- which translates to final/complete map. I have no idea what the Kanji says though. But I wouldn't get discouraged by that, as it could just mean the final map layout, not exactly where the roads and such exist. For example, there HAS to be roads in order to travel to where the Marlboro is in that bottom area of that map, as well as every other area that they put a picture and connect it to some empty portion of the map with no roads. The map is also obviously cut off as you can't see where that yellow train line ends up, as well as the rest of accordo/altissia.

Edit: If someone can translate the Kanji in front of it though, it might have some more information.
「FINAL FANTAY XV」の世界をー覧できるマップ

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
A second large-scale continent? In a modern Final Fantasy?! WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO THE COSMOS!? (lol)
Haha and lets not forget about Accordo, which is the huge stretch of islands south of Lucis that has Altissia at its center. I doubt its just Altissia there, there are canals leading out into the rest of the main island at least!

I'm not sure if Lucil is separate from Lucis but that was another named area in the concept arts as well.

@ LeonBlade, its bad that attempting translate that now I kind of recognize some of those Kanji's from the two years of Japanese I took from school a while back lol. Basically just says Final World Map or Final Map of the Overworld. Again, definitely not the whole thing, as it definitely cuts off big parts of the world.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Lol watch FFXV be kind of like Witcher 3 with Lucis just being the Introduction Continent, kind of like how White Orchards was lmao. Then the real game starts in Terraverde or Accordo or something lol, when everything gets more serious or darker as it seemingly will be.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
Lol watch FFXV be kind of like Witcher 3 with Lucis just being the Introduction Continent, kind of like how White Orchards was lmao. Then the real game starts in Terraverde or Accordo or something lol, when everything gets more serious or darker as it seemingly will be.
I spent like over a week(roughly 8 hours a day playing the game)in White Orchard. I was like "this game is pretty damn big". Little did I know, once I'd leave that area just HOW big the games world actually is.
I'm hoping to experience the same feel with XV :3

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
I spent like over a week(roughly 8 hours a day playing the game)in White Orchard. I was like "this game is pretty damn big". Little did I know, once I'd leave that area just HOW big the games world actually is.
I'm hoping to experience the same feel with XV :3
Right?? I spent like 15 hours at least in that place, I still haven't completed everything just because Velen/Skellige/Novigrad are so damn huge.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
Right?? I spent like 15 hours at least in that place, I still haven't completed everything just because Velen/Skellige/Novigrad are so damn huge.
Well I completed it after 400 hours xD
Coming up to around 500 hundred thanks to the Blood & Wine expansion!

I'm sure the mileage I get from XV will be just as much or more :D

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
this battle system is a work of art.

i'll probably repeat this fight... looks fun and amazing visual-wise; you can see a few new moves in this video and armiger.

it's another thing with a skilled player, i literally can't wait to master this... even the camera is better if you control it right (compared to the other PGW video, it's miles better here).

i think we still not wake up for the fact: this shit is advent children.

edit:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/932981-final-fantasy-xv/74493379

"The vast and varied lands of Terraverde, a Continent of Eos."

seems this will make for the final game ; )

bet it's the second continent of the map where Niflheim and Tenebrae are located.
This reiterates the point that the player makes a huuuge difference to the combat gameplay. It's up to them to efficiently and skillfully control Noctis, the camera, spells, dodges, and manoeuvres.

Notice how he locks onto the snake and walks around it like a boss, studying it?

The mark of a skilled player is someone who makes the combat look like you're watching a "movie", not like you're watching someone play a game.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Hey everyone. Here's a link for 10% off + free shipping for the hardcover Collector's Edition Final Fantasy XV Strategy Guide.

Not sure how long the deal will be on so act quickly if you're interested. They charge straight away mind you.

As someone from Australia, this is a pretty sweet deal for me because I don't get crazy foreign exchange rates, fees, and shipping expenses. Also it's double the price at EB games too...

Enjoy =)

https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/273138