Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
"seems prompto is intoxicated", ignis warns you when someone gets a debuff status.

and yeah the camera definitely works better in closed spaces now.

Last edited:

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
Something I realised about the Paris Game Show broadcast... During the run-up to the broadcast, they (albeit briefly) used the vocal version of Somnus, and the lyrics had not been changed.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
"Seen a lot of concerns about the combat system early on. Does it feel intuitive or is it convoluted & hold back FFXV? -@LizzieBtheQueen

I think it feels intuitive, but it’s also very difficult to master. After ten hours I still feel like I’m just getting a hang of the rhythm."

hehe it would be easy, you'll only need to mash one button they said...

edit:

"In footage I’ve seen, seems like the characters constantly talk to each other. Do they ever stop, and does this get annoying? -@bri_provan

No, they never stop. No, it hasn’t gotten annoying for me yet. The dialogue is generally entertaining and well-written, outside of some awful puns. (“I see the sea!”)"

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
As long as its got a good amount for a jrpg(what you'd typically get in a jrpg)then I'm good.
If we going down MGS5 root.....well that'd be disappointing to say the least.

If he means solely FMVs then all is well :D

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
Huh? This is what i meant, there is only one CGI that we've seen so far - its opening after chapter 0. All other cutscenes are on in-game engine.
Just to be clear so there is no confusion:
-FMV/CGI cutscene = scenes rendered in much higher quality, impossible to be rendered in real-time on consoles(or would run very poorly)usually done by a separate team from the in-game programming stuff.
-Pre-rendered cutscenes using in game assets = pretty much uses the assets you see while playing the game(character models and environmental assets)either as they are or slightly bumped up because it's cheaper and easier than letting the console run it real-time. these scenes are just videos being played but can fool you in thinking they are being rendered live.
-In-game cutscene = what the console is actually computing in real time.

XIII had very few in-game cutscenes.
I think it IS safe to say, like you said, that all other cutscenes we have seen in XV are in-game.

To further clarify what I see as a cutscene: anytime you are not playing the game but watching it, having no input or except only pressing a button to advance the pre-set dialogue if text scrolling is present.

Last edited:

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
FFXII had about 6 and a half hours worth of cutscenes(FMV, pre-rendered, in-engine)
FFXIII had about 2 hours more than XII.
Type 0 had around 5 hours worth

I'd be happy with around 4 and a half well spread out cutscenes as minimum.

Just for good measure as well, Witcher 3 had over 13 hours of cutscenes. Tabata plz!

Last edited:

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
FFXIII cutscene after cutscene approach was a bit tiring, indeed; i just hope for a big story, with amazing and impactful cutscenes.
I hope so too.

And I'll agree with you that (even as a XIII fan) the fact that a disproportionate part of the game was very long cutscenes rankled, along with the impression of an unfinished wider narrative and over dedication to driving the story forward through linear progression. Mind you, when compared to MGS4, XIII's cutscene-to-gameplay ratio is quite tame and balanced.