Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Oct 19, 2013
I think many are confusing "less static cutscenes" with "less story". Tons of dialog and exposition that would've been long cutscenes in other FFs are now in the form of dynamic cutscenes or banter during exploration and driving, which naturally reduces the amount of static cutscenes. Even Nomura wanted to have more real-time cutscenes back in Versus days. Don't see the problem as long as the exposition is there in any form, and at least it's not audio tapes or datalogs. Through banter it's at least more organic than with cutscenes, though you could miss out if you don't explore much.

See this from Jason Schreier's Q&A today:

Omegataco

PSICOM Soldier
Apr 1, 2016
I just asked one previewer about Titan battle, my question was "Is there is any continuation of Titan battle after you destroy his arm?" and he said "Yes, but shhh"

Hope is alive?
You might remember this from earlier this month: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comments/568tv8/played_the_game_at_nycc_today/

"Also, met and talked with Matt from SE. He told me some very interesting things about the delay and the E3 Titan demo. He literally asked me not to put this info on social media. I'm still torn but either way I'll post it when the game is near release."

Bionicle8563

SOLDIER Second Class
May 25, 2016
Australia M8
Oh yeah guys, how are you celebrating the 9th of November? Since its the day after my exams end, I'll be watching all the tv shows I'm behind on, and maybe playing WoFF. Maybe DQB (since both are in my backlog). Btw, just in case you didn't know, the 9th of Nov is gonna be the 10.5y anniversary. I mean, sure its not as special as the 10y anniversary, its the only big thing happening before the release.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
I still don't understand why people insist that seeing Luna getting knocked around destroys her chances at being a strong character? Strength isn't just physical. Also the times where we've seen her be knocked around were under conditions where it makes sense for anyone to be knocked around.
/rant
Amusingly enough, I saw less of that sort of reaction after the Omen trailer (where she was actually killed!) than usual. I suspect that the trailer's focus on Noct getting knocked around might have had something to do with it -- Luna's sort of treated as a stand-in for the game's treatment of female characters in general, but treating her similarly to the player character would seem sort of strange to criticize.

Guitar (pseudo)God

Blitzball Champion
Aug 14, 2016
All over
I still don't understand why people insist that seeing Luna getting knocked around destroys her chances at being a strong character? Strength isn't just physical. Also the times where we've seen her be knocked around were under conditions where it makes sense for anyone to be knocked around.
/rant
My vote is 2008 concept trailer nostalgia.