Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

Argento

Red Wings Commander
Nov 5, 2016
I just considered this.
Noctis, Ignis, Prompto, Gladio.
Luna, Aranea, Iris, Gentiana.
4 males and 4 females... Might be interesting :cactuar:

Bionicle8563

SOLDIER Second Class
May 25, 2016
Australia M8
I legit am curious about Iris, Cindy and Luna post 10y skip. Hopefully they have cool designs. I can imagine Cindy being the most different, cause by then
Cid will be dead, unless his name is Cor the Immortal he's already really old pre-time-skip
and she'll probably need to become a more serious/mature person.

Argento

Red Wings Commander
Nov 5, 2016
I dunno if i like this 10 years skip time tho... It's bad to feel the weight of time even in videogames lol... I always expect the characters to be sort of "immortal" you know. Also, i wonder how they will manage this jump in the future... Will be interesting.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Sigghhh i know right :( that Omen trailer really had me thinking of main characters' deaths...
I'm actually genuinely curious about this.

We know that the story will be dark, but will any of the main party die? If not, then I can't see any other scenario being considered "tragic".

Argento

Red Wings Commander
Nov 5, 2016

We know that the story will be dark, but will any of the main party die? If not, then I can't see any other scenario being considered "tragic".
Well, there could be many tragic scenarios (think about a world complete destruction, or what happened in FFXIII). With that said, i'd never want to see a character's death, especially because i like them SO MUCH. Also, i read that there is the eventuality of a sequel, which is hard to think if someone dies.
I feel the story is going to make us cry anyway though.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Well, there could be many tragic scenarios (think about a world complete destruction, or what happened in FFXIII). With that said, i'd never want to see a character's death, especially because i like them SO MUCH. Also, i read that there is the eventuality of a sequel, which is hard to think if someone dies.
I feel the story is going to make us cry anyway though.
Hmm this is true.

Yeah no doubt that there will be moments where I'll get teary.

Game's not out yet but I'm already attached to the main characters lol. I would be devastated if any of them died so that would be tragic in my eyes D=

Argento

Red Wings Commander
Nov 5, 2016
Hmm this is true.

Yeah no doubt that there will be moments where I'll get teary.

Game's not out yet but I'm already attached to the main characters lol. I would be devastated if any of them died so that would be tragic in my eyes D=
Dat Omen trailer tho.
I hope its just a possibility... It will better be!

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Why do you think he talks about FFXV? I doubt that 10 years old interested in it.
Well, looking at his IMDB page, it's probably Skylanders... but FFXV would be the second best guess. (Everything else is either aimed too old for 10 year olds or is too niche to be a likely subject of conversation.)

Sep 1, 2016
Actually has me wondering how many of them will make it through to the end of this tragic story alive.
Sigghhh i know right :( that Omen trailer really had me thinking of main characters' deaths...
I've been worrying about this since Versus days. Oh my goodness, that's 10 years of worrying...

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
Oh my goodness, that's 10 years of worrying...
Talking of ten years, I found something both interesting and amusing. I was reading up on Nioh, and saw that they announced that all the way back in 2004. That's two years before pre-production on Versus XIII even began, that's when XIII was starting development as a PS2 title. XV may have taken a whole decade, but Nioh's taken twelve years. That's one more year than Diablo III!

On top of that, from what I've heard, they basically threw everything about the original Nioh out the window bar its setting and the use of a blonde-haired samurai as the lead, so XV got off lightly: still got most of its characters, its lore bar terminology, and its crazy action-based gameplay that looks like it's ripped from Advent Children.