Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Nova

Warrior of Light
Confirmed morally ambigious role within the plot. Very pleased to hear!

Highlights:

10:05 - "She's a professional mercenary fighter and she's been hired.. She's very edgy, she's very street smart, this sort of thing, because she's a gun for hire, her royalty are kinda in question and could change depending on who the highest bidders is or who she's actually isn't bored with, so I think it's gonna be fun for players in the game to kinda just see her morally ambiguous side come out and whether or not, she's going to help the player or mess things up for them.. That's about all I can say"

11:03 - "Uhmm no, wait and see.. I say this with a little sly on my face, because that exact thing was one of my favorite part of playing her.. Was that kinda whole chemistry and interaction and stuff, so yeah, it's gonna be a treat."

Last edited:

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
I've never researcher into Aranea's character but what little i've seen of her mannerism and dialogue I fell in love with and had idea's of what her personality might be like.
I had no idea she was a mercenary until I heard it from the voice actor you posted just now. I just always thought she was a mercenary 'type' character xD

Anyways, this is what i wrote about her, from only seeing that one Nifleheim encounter with her, when participating in threads on other boards asking questions in the line of "who is your favourite character so far? :
- She seems to be one who revels in bloodshed and slaughter. One who lives to fight and savour the prey she has her eye on. A women who loses herself in the ecstacy of battle. A smart fighter but loses her sense of self when she sees her prey squirm. Defending herself matters less than piercing the flesh of her prey.
I'd like to think if her as a mix between Bleach's Zaraki Kenpachi and HunterXHunter's Hisoka.

-l'll post an "Idea" I had in a thread entitled "your favourite character" of what I envision of her background and character from the very small snippets of footage and info we got so far(mostly speculation and wishful thinking):

In reply when told by that the person they'd like her character to be deeper:
a twisted past of abuse by her father. A man who wanted a son for an offspring to teach in the way of the dragoon yet he ended up with a useless and weak girl. Facing depression and physical abuse, maybe even sexual, she decided to prove that she can be an exceptional dragoon to herself. Prove to herself she is not weak and useless. And once she blossom....she slaughters her father in cold blood. She becomes a mercenary. Anything that let's her disfigure a man in horrific artistry. Most of her spendings go towards alcohol. News of her blood-lust and more so skill with a spear spread. Niflheim top brass see potential.
But why would she join them? Niflheim offer: bestows us with your skill and train an infantry of dragoons and we will give you advanced magitek weaponry which will alow you to slaughter more and more and there will be many to slaughter....and enough money to buy all the alcohol in Gaia! She will take the offer. Under one condition though: she will only train an infantry solely composed of women.

In reply when asked where do I get any of these ideas from:
-I know we have little to go on but I can tell quite a lot from that one encounter and her short dialogue directed towards Noct as well as the tone of her voice. I just get that 'feeling' from her demeanour.

In reply to when the person thinks I just want her to be seen as a badass:
-I don't really want to label her as a badass or edgy. In fact, she'd be the type to kill a person on the spot who labelled her as such. She'd rather be labelled as beautiful, majestic, graceful. An artist. Just someone who enjoys cruelty but well and truly believes cruelty is the foundation of beauty.

I kinda get the feeling she will be this type of character from what I heard now from the voice actress. But I only listened up to a certain point just in case of spoilers xD

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Aranea is without a doubt the most intriguing female character for me in the game, followed by Gentiana.

It would be totally cool if she comes along with the Chocobros as a guest party member and she drives them crazy with her constant flirting lol

Would love to see her try to hit on Ignis. Thirsy and ruffled Ignis would be totally cute, however I think she'll go after Noctis more xD

Argento

Red Wings Commander
And Square Enix confirmed a DLC with a female playable character. Might be Aranea.
Could be a DmC type of DLC, where there is the alternative story of Dante's Brother, Vergil (for those who don't know). The two often cross their paths and the two stories are parallel. So we might know how Aranea made her decisions and how she got to meet noctis and company. Could be cool.

- She seems to be one who revels in bloodshed and slaughter. One who lives to fight and savour the prey she has her eye on. A women who loses herself in the ecstacy of battle. A smart fighter but loses her sense of self when she sees her prey squirm. Defending herself matters less than piercing the flesh of her prey.
Based on the short PAX footage of her fight with Noctis and the gang, I also got the feeling that she was enjoying herself. Even when getting smacked around, she laughs it off and says "Not too shabby". She's playful and flirty, but still serious about killing your ass so you mustn't let your guard down.

I wonder if her demeanor and behaviorism change when fighting female characters? I know it's an all-male party, but I ask this because I really really want her and Luna to fight...

It would be totally cool if she comes along with the Chocobros as a guest party member and she drives them crazy with her constant flirting lol
I honestly don't want her be a guest party member - if she's going to constantly give me trouble while I take down Niflheim bases, I'm gonna hate her guts by the end of all those encounters. And if by some chance, she does swap sides and joins your party, I'm gonna have trust issues. Also, Luna will not have it!

And Square Enix confirmed a DLC with a female playable character. Might be Aranea.
Could be a DmC type of DLC, where there is the alternative story of Dante's Brother, Vergil (for those who don't know). The two often cross their paths and the two stories are parallel. So we might know how Aranea made her decisions and how she got to meet noctis and company. Could be cool.
Except Aranea isn't an important character. She's just a boss you fight multiple times and is not connected to Noctis in any way other than to stop you from blowing up the Niflheim bases. Vergil was parallel to Dante because they were twins and their destinies intertwined. Noctis and Luna are parallels and main protagonists. Omen trailer proved that. So if SE is gonna make DLC for a female character, in my mind, Luna would be top of the list.

Last edited:

Argento

Red Wings Commander
Based on the short PAX footage of her fight with Noctis and the gang, I also got the feeling that she was enjoying herself. Even when getting smacked around, she laughs it off and says "Not too shabby". She's playful and flirty, but still serious about killing your ass so you mustn't let your guard down.

I wonder if her demeanor and behaviorism change when fighting female characters? I know it's an all-male party, but I ask this because I really really want her and Luna to fight...

I honestly don't want her be a guest party member - if she's going to constantly give me trouble while I take down Niflheim bases, I'm gonna hate her guts by the end of all those encounters. And if by some chance, she does swap sides and joins your party, I'm gonna have trust issues. Also, Luna will not have it!

Except Aranea isn't an important character. She's just a boss you fight multiple times and is not connected to Noctis in any way other than to stop you from blowing up the Niflheim bases. Vergil was parallel to Dante because they were twins and their destinies intertwined. Noctis and Luna are parallels and main protagonists. Omen trailer proved that. So if SE is gonna make DLC for a female character, in my mind, Luna would be top of the list.
Actually the only reason i supposed it was Aranea as a playable character is because it's the only female character i saw fighting. I mean yeah Luna has a pole and all but eeeehhh... Anyway i'm up to everything Square Enix decides since i'll buy the season pass anyway.

Argento

Red Wings Commander
Who knows... I wonder if there will be a romancing system like there was in Final Fantasy VII, that would be nice. You could have dated with Barrett too lolol...
"Come over Gladio, u sexy ass"