Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Nope. Nomaaaaaa played pickup ball with us on a couple of occasions when he came back on campus. Maybe he was prepping for his role as Mr. Mia Hamm.
You know, it's funny because I hadn't really thought of it before what would have been a one-off post, but it's actually a remarkably similar situation. Beyond both of them potentially being nicknamed Nomie. Both were the stars of beloved organizations who ended up being shockingly removed from their teams just before a new regime came in and turned the franchises around. It's like they were both sacrifices to the video game/ baseball gods (praise be to The Great BABIP)

Guitar (pseudo)God

Blitzball Champion
Aug 14, 2016
All over
You know, it's funny because I hadn't really thought of it before what would have been a one-off post, but it's actually a remarkably similar situation. Beyond both of them potentially being nicknamed Nomie. Both were the stars of beloved organizations who ended up being shockingly removed from their teams just before a new regime came in and turned the franchises around. It's like they were both sacrifices to the video game/ baseball gods (praise be to The Great BABIP)
That's not a bad analogy, sir. Nomura is an example of the Ewing Theory of video gaming.

This preview from Polygon new? http://www.polygon.com/2016/10/19/1...-video-square-enix-ps4-playstation-4-xbox-one (Edit: Nope - get your eyes checked)

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
http://teamcoco.com/video/clueless-gamer-final-fantasy-xv-elijah-wood
Conan O'Brien and Elijah Wood give Final Fantasy XV a go for Clueless Gamer. Keep in mind that there are some minor spoilers, as they also skip ahead to later points in the game.
I'm from Australia so they don't air his shows here at all. My knowledge on him, his shows, and segments are limited.

With that being said, that was quite painful to watch. I guess this is not my type of humor.

I dunno... judging from the reception on Youtube, and a couple of gaming forums, it has been quite poorly received, as in people are shitting on the game nonstop now.

I do wonder if this was a good move at all tbh...

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
I'm from Australia so they don't air his shows here at all. My knowledge on him, his shows, and segments are limited.

With that being said, that was quite painful to watch. I guess this is not my type of humor.

I dunno... judging from the reception on Youtube, and a couple of gaming forums, it has been quite poorly received, as in people are shitting on the game nonstop now.

I do wonder if this was a good move at all tbh...
They did that to A Realm Reborn, to Type-0, to Bayonetta 2, they throw assorted brimstone and bile to practically any game that's much anticipated. Official impressions and fan reaction outside the standard forum/YouTube communities has been positive overall, so I wouldn't worry. And as to that Conan bloke, his style of humor is not for everyone. Including me.

Argento

Red Wings Commander
Nov 5, 2016
Haha, that made me laugh actually.
C'mon, you can clearly see he's just joking. Don't take that as a review. That's his program. That's what he does. So dont really worry.
He is pretty funny anyway, i like his humor ^^

Jul 16, 2015
Haha, that made me laugh actually.
C'mon, you can clearly see he's just joking. Don't take that as a review. That's his program. That's what he does. So dont really worry.
He is pretty funny anyway, i like his humor ^^
This is why I am so irritated at this Clueless Gamer thing. Look what the shitty gaming media does with it.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Oh, that clueless gamer thing is kinda spoilery, in case anyone was kind of sensitive to it. Nothing, like, major, but a plot pont or two and some adamantoise footage.

And it was funny. I can't imagine anyway to take that but as it being funny. if there's anyone out there taking that seriously (who am i kidding, this is the internet age, someone is out there taking it seriously right now, im sure) then they are just being actively insecure and they'll be fine. Zero real preorders were canceled by this, lol

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
This is why I am so irritated at this Clueless Gamer thing. Look what the shitty gaming media does with it.

Be irritated by the state of 'journalism'. This is par for the course. That's a more interesting headline than 'conan made some jokes about ffxv' and that means more clicks. It really is in a sad state, but that goes far, far beyond video games.

Jul 16, 2015
Be irritated by the state of 'journalism'. This is par for the course. That's a more interesting headline than 'conan made some jokes about ffxv' and that means more clicks. It really is in a sad state, but that goes far, far beyond video games.
I should have worded my comment different. I wasn't irritated at the Clueless Gamer segment of Conan's show but the complete shit show that happened in response to it. It just never ends.

Guitar (pseudo)God

Blitzball Champion
Aug 14, 2016
All over
Oh, that clueless gamer thing is kinda spoilery, in case anyone was kind of sensitive to it. Nothing, like, major, but a plot pont or two and some adamantoise footage.

And it was funny. I can't imagine anyway to take that but as it being funny. if there's anyone out there taking that seriously (who am i kidding, this is the internet age, someone is out there taking it seriously right now, im sure) then they are just being actively insecure and they'll be fine. Zero real preorders were canceled by this, lol
Preorder cancelled. I had no idea that the game was pushing cars and walking in towns. Is there even any turn-based combat?

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Preorder cancelled. I had no idea that the game was pushing cars and walking in towns. Is there even any turn-based combat?
Wait, it's not turn-based????

I should have worded my comment different. I wasn't irritated at the Clueless Gamer segment of Conan's show but the complete shit show that happened in response to it. It just never ends.
We're talking about the same thing. It's the ridiculous headlines. It's just that that's the state of journalism right now. It's not just about this game, or games in general. It's everything and everywhere. It's infuriating, but it's a much wider-spread problem than this little bubble.

edit: Well, with a famously skittish fanbase, it might be a little bit amplified in this bubble.

Edit2: I read some of the articles, they were super tongue in cheek.

Last edited:

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
When you get comments like "The thing is, I actually wanted to get this as my first ff game, but now I don't think I will", which is a direct quote btw with other variations of this appearing in the comments sections, then I guess you can say the Conan gig backfired pretty badly.

I want the game to do well in both Japan and in the West, but honest to goodness, sometimes the marketing team for Square make really strange decisions =(

Jul 16, 2015
Wait, it's not turn-based????

We're talking about the same thing. It's the ridiculous headlines. It's just that that's the state of journalism right now. It's not just about this game, or games in general. It's everything and everywhere. It's infuriating, but it's a much wider-spread problem than this little bubble.

edit: Well, with a famously skittish fanbase, it might be a little bit amplified in this bubble.

Edit2: I read some of the articles, they were super tongue in cheek.
Doesn't matter since a lot of these haters won't read past the headlines lol.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Final Fantasy XV’s Demo Bugs Will Be Fixed With a Patch; Director Hajime Tabata Responds to Concern
Final Fantasy XV’s Demo Bugs Will Be Fixed With a Patch; Director Hajime Tabata Responds to Concern

http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/11/15/final-fantasy-xv-patch-update-bugs-ps4-xbox-one/
Brings up an interesting point at the end. That they couldn't fit the whole Kingsglaive clip on the master disc, it means that the disc is already jam-packed with data. They've actually run out of space on a blu-ray.

I imagine that's a single layer Blu-ray, so 50gigs + patch confirmed.