Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
What Im most excited about is a city like area to explore, we might not be able to explore insomnia(maybe in a expansion) but I think niflihem might be a decent city like enviroment from what I have seen from concept art and stuff.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
We have heard of an unfamiliar location a few months ago. Here are the concept artworks. There's already a leaked world map but if you are afraid of spoilers, stop searching for anything FFXV.

I would like to put emphasis on the words concept art. Their look and placement in the worldmap might no longer be as we think it is.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
Even if something has concept art, that doesn't mean that thing is going to be featured as a fully explorable city: it might just be to establish a certain place for cutscenes or setpieces, or for paintings. Or it might just be something that has been scrapped. It's not about hype, it's about realistic, safe expectations.

I mean, the fact that they have only empashized Lestallum and Altissia kinda tells me there aren't any other villages or cities, only settlements and such. Hopefully Tenebrae is explorable, at least some of its buildings. But lol, don't even expect Niflheim, as it wouldn't make sense in a story context unless things change from what the initial premise is. It also looks huge (inspired by Manchester? It kinda looks like that in the loading screen), so more reason for the "no".

Argento

Red Wings Commander
Nov 5, 2016
Maybe nifelheim is explorable only if you put on outfits different by your initial ones (you know, they won't recognize you in that way). These are just fantasies tho, it isnt hype.
I won't be disappointed if we cant explore what i "wondered" we could explore, as long as there is content for 200+ hours, i'll be alright.
But pretty sure we havent seen anything of what we can actually explore. Maybe SE just didnt want to spoil us the whole game...

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
I hope they have a foggy/mist area in the game or the weather condition.
I've got the feeling game developers these days are trying to steer away from those kinds of effects for fear it would be called out as technical limitations. Of course, they also seem to have forgotten the Silent Hills technique of using technical limitations to build atmosphere.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
BTW, one hour until the IGN stream. I don't think I'll watch it, though (not fully, at least. I'm very tired of just watching and it's only one week 'till the game's out -I think I'll buy it day one, God help me...).

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
There's nothing wrong in having expectations, so long it's not based on non-promises.
Exactly.

There's a fine line, I think. I'm SUPER hyped for this game, but I feel like my expectations are grounded. The chances of me being disappointed at this point is pretty much nil.

Alternatively, reading about how something might be such and such and going in almost expecting that to be true is when you turn a good product into disappointment.

I'm going in expecting what they do give us will be of a certain realistic, but high quality level. I am not going in expecting anything specific. That's the difference.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
Btw if you guys will be posting gifs and images from the IGN stream could you please consider posting them as links rather than embedded images please? Just for those who are avoiding watching it.