Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
I would just be a little cautious with your expectations. The way it reads, it could well mean two different things. IE:

Tabata is working on FFXV updates, including an unannounced expansion.
Tabata is still working on FFXV updates, but is also working on a big expansion for something else that hasn't been announced yet.

It doesn't necessarily have to mean that the expansion is for FFXV.

Last edited:

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
I would just be a little cautious with your expectations. The way it reads, it could well mean two different things. IE:

Tabata is working on FFXV updates.
Tabata is also working on a big expansion for something that hasn't been announced yet.

Oh your back, nice.

Guitar (pseudo)God

Blitzball Champion
Aug 14, 2016
All over

Tabata is still working on FFXV updates, but is also working on a big expansion for something else that hasn't been announced yet.

I think it's far more likely it's the former. It could also be a VR expansion (though he did mention VR in a separate interview).

Jun 7, 2014
Poland

But what other thing could he be making an expansion for?

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Well, what other game is Tabata working on that would be worth making an "expansion" of sorts?
I don't know. They haven't announced it yet :p

In all seriousness though, I'm not making the argument that it's something else, just pointing out that there's room for interpretation there, so don't get too excited until you see something more official. The two red flags to me is him casually dropping that there would be an expansion for the game before he was actually supposed to announce it. I feel like corporate SE wouldn't be a fan of that and I've always had Tabata pegged as a company guy. And second, because he's talking about extended FFXV content in the first sentence, so it seems strange to refer to an expansion in the same paragraph.

As for what he's working on, who knows. Could well be that he's done with the brunt of the work for FFXV, just overseeing the DLC content while SE has him assigned to a new project. Could be FFXV. Could be an expansion for Type-0 or something, I dunno.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Jun 7, 2014
Poland
I don't know. They haven't announced it yet :p

In all seriousness though, I'm not making the argument that it's something else, just pointing out that there's room for interpretation there, so don't get too excited until you see something more official. The two red flags to me is him casually dropping that there would be an expansion for the game before he was actually supposed to announce it. I feel like corporate SE wouldn't be a fan of that and I've always had Tabata pegged as a company guy. And second, because he's talking about extended FFXV content in the first sentence, so it seems strange to refer to an expansion in the same paragraph.

As for what he's working on, who knows. Could well be that he's done with the brunt of the work for FFXV, just overseeing the DLC content while SE has him assigned to a new project. Could be FFXV. Could be an expansion for Type-0 or something, I dunno.
Sorry but your interpretation makes no sense. There's nothing else he could be making an expansion for right now and we know that FFXV is supposed to get expansions.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
The GOTY (final) votes has been a thing since the mid 2000s actually.

The Last of Us was also winning the 2013 GOTY poll votes on gamefaqs ti'll it reached the (finals) where it lost to A Link Between Worlds (which TLOU ironically beaten in the previous poll).

I could see a similar situation happen here. But in the long run, FFXV is technically still the highest voted console game of 2016 overall on the site anyway lol.