Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
Nope, you can see the blue warp particles. Of course I can see why they had to make it this way to make the skill work, but it creates a inconsistency when it comes to the warping ability. Same with the Adamantoise party parry finisher move where everybody is warped on the top of it after Noctis throws his sword. They might as well have made some of the techniques like Overwhelm and Gladio's techs use warping to make sure they always hit the target, too.
I see where you are coming from with the particle thing, but that's present by default with Ignis' healing rather it's Regroup or his random Elixir Regenerate. In fact Blue particles used for any healing item in the game. So they aren't strictly used for warping.

Oct 19, 2013
I see where you are coming from with the particle thing, but that's present by default with Ignis' healing rather it's Regroup or his random Elixir Regenerate. In fact Blue particles used for any healing item in the game. So they aren't strictly used for warping.
Btw, I didn't mean the green particles that swirl around them for a while from the extra Regen buff when using Regroup (see
next to their names). I mean the blue ones right before they appear near Ignis. Also, don't healing items only use a small number of blue particle around the character's hand only (EDIT: correct me if I'm wrong and there are more blue particles around the whole body like when you're warping as Noct) and doesn't Ignis' healing have more green-ish particles?

Last edited:

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
I meant that Elixirs should be used automatically too, not only Potions (and those weren't used by the AI as quickly as I needed in most situations either)
You kinda already got this part covered. Grand Chamberlain is your friend when you are below 50% HP.

And I don't know which tools you mean besides spells with healing sideeffects or waiting for HP to slowly recover.
Healing via hanging, cover, Shield of the Just (hold square), Regroup, Healcast, etc.

Oh, just remembered the accessories for Auto-Elixir, iirc. But I don't know, stuff like this should't be only relegated to accessories. Basic Party AI customization should be there or improve on the combat AI in general.
I know someone suggested an option similar to XII's for AI customization. I'd be down.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Last edited:

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Excellent news that they've sold over 6 million copies. I'd wager by the end of the year they'd reach over 7 million.

Thing is, although sales are good, the brand still hasn't fully redeemed itself yet. The story has affected people's opinion on the franchise's storytelling ability and has created worry on that front.

With that aside, I do hope Tabata and team are happy with the sales figures :)

He's got a great attitude and a strong personality to be able to overcome all this adversity and get the game out. More people need to recognise this as a trait to look up to and admire. An average person would've been overcome by the pressure and caved.

Thanks for sharing this.

Say what you will about the game itself, but the strong work ethic, dedication and hard work the team put into this deserves respect imo.

Like I said earlier, average people would've quit or displayed a negative sour attitude in the face of this level of adversity.

Last edited:

Guitar (pseudo)God

Blitzball Champion
Aug 14, 2016
All over
Excellent news that they've sold over 6 million copies. I'd wager by the end of the year they'd reach over 7 million.
Thing is, although sales are good, the brand still hasn't fully redeemed itself yet. The story has affected people's opinion on the franchise's storytelling ability and has created worry on that front.
With that aside, I do hope Tabata and team are happy with the sales figures :)
He's got a great attitude and a strong personality to be able to overcome all this adversity and get the game out. More people need to recognise this as a trait to look up to and admire. An average person would've been overcome by the pressure and caved.

Thanks for sharing this.

Say what you will about the game itself, but the strong work ethic, dedication and hard work the team put into this deserves respect imo.
Like I said earlier, average people would've quit or displayed a negative sour attitude in the face of this level of adversity.
If the sales targets were under 5M, that speaks volumes on how much the game budget actually was. It's almost like we have to grade this game's story on a curve - they plain didn't have time to implement it.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
@Guitar (pseudo)God

True. No time and the budget must've been capped since the future for FF was so unsure.

They probably didn't want to spend too much in case it didn't meet sales targets to minimise loss.

@Storm

As great as that would've been, I don't think time would've allowed for that to happen :(

Perhaps after all the DLC episodes and updates are done, they'll release one definitive edition and release that on the PC and console.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
That 1080Ti demo is very impressive. It'd be hard to argue it isn't one of the best-looking PC open world games out there. XD All that grass!

I'm a bit confused by the other presentation, though. Was Tabata saying that the franchise would have been in trouble had it not met its original target, or that it would have been in trouble even if it met that if it didn't also meet his own higher target?

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
A King's Tale is available for free now.

As always there are idiots trying to turn this into a negative because it's free and not exclusive only to those who pre ordered.

I mean... you don't see me or anyone else getting pissy that the Royal Raiment outfit is now available to anyone who didn't pre order the deluxe edition O_O

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
I wouldn't put too much worry there, fans have been divided over the franchise storytelling quality ever since FF7.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Here’s Your First Glimpse on Final Fantasy XV’s Gorgeous Technical Experiments Running on GTX 1080ti

http://www.dualshockers.com/2017/03...xvs-technical-experiments-running-gtx-1080ti/
... I see cat cam stuff along with new areas I've never seen in the game.

Makes me wonder... are they keeping things under wraps now because this is new territory and they don't wanna say too much because it will lead to unrealistic demands and expectations by fans?

Such demands and expectations do make development more difficult in that they have to compromise and adjust their plans to accommodate others.

If so, then they've learned not to show too much, which I'm fine with. Keep me in the dark then surprise me with something that will blow my mind I say. Take your time.

Good stuff. The visuals really looks excellent here.

His work ethic continues to amaze. Anyone who acknowledges that workers family's are important and takes a day to let them come together gets my respect.

You don't see too many companies, or to be more accurate, team leaders, doing this.

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
Btw, I didn't mean the green particles that swirl around them for a while from the extra Regen buff when using Regroup (see
next to their names). I mean the blue ones right before they appear near Ignis. Also, don't healing items only use a small number of blue particle around the character's hand only (EDIT: correct me if I'm wrong and there are more blue particles around the whole body like when you're warping as Noct) and doesn't Ignis' healing have more green-ish particles?

Okay, you are correct on Ignis' skill having a green effect to it. My fault on that. I think the hi-elixirs cover the cover in a higher blue particle effect, but apparently that effect isn't as universal as I originally thought. I apologize on that as well. The only conclusion I can come to with what you view to be a warp would probably be to me more along the lines of a summoning. Take the Friendship band accessory for example. It's possible to have another Chocobro and a completely different part of the map, but can pull them automatically with link striking. I'd like to assume the same is happening here because we know lore wise they can't warp.

Last edited: