Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

xXShuyaXx

Forest Owl
May 25, 2016
Living in Japan is quite stressful, nowhere near as shiny as it may seen.

Source: Some familiars of mine that live there.
It's convenient though, that's for sure. People say that we Japanese are overworked, but at the same time, we all work for the convenience of our society. Though there a are a lot of other shitty moments too though.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
FFXV Episode Gladio will be playable at PAX east. It will also be shown at the NieR x FFXV panel on March 12th
http://press.na.square-enix.com/releases/928/square-enix-announces-pax-east-2017-lineup-and-events
NieR: AUTOMATA x FINAL FANTASY XV Panel

Sunday, March 12, 10:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. – Albatross Room, Boston Convention Center

In this joint panel, fans can join Director YOKO TARO of NieR: Automata for a discussion on the launch of the Square Enix and PlatinumGames Inc.’s action-RPG.
For the second half of the panel, fans can join Producer Haruyoshi Sawatari and Global Brand Manager Raio Mitsuno for a first look at Episode Gladiolus, the game’s first character-driven episode of DLC.

Last edited:

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
An interview with Akio Ofuji. You're gonna need to hit the Google translate button to read it in English since it's in French atm.

Very interesting process behind the creation of the Universe of Final Fantasy XV. Mentions and praise of Nomura too.

http://www.mangamag.fr/dossiers/interviews/akio-ofuji-producteur-brotherhood-final-fantasy-xv/

Also, if you're interested about learning the social dynamics between the guys in the game, then here's a new article by DualShockers.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2017/03...on-director-talks-fantasy-based-reality-much/

Very interesting stuff. I think this is only scratching the surface of all the work they had to do to actually create this game. It's kinda mind boggling for someone who isn't involved in the industry. I can kinda see why it would take so long to create a game from scratch since there are so many things to consider that I never even thought of.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
New FFXV timed quest puts you up against Malboro&Malbodoom. Reward 15k EXP, 500AP, 500k Gil and 5 Oracle Ascension coins. You have to be chapter 1 onward. You have 1 week to do it.

Last edited:

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
I do wonder will they make these timed quests available indefinitely later on for those who got into the game late, and for those who didn't have the time to do the quests on time?

xXShuyaXx

Forest Owl
May 25, 2016
I haven't checked it out yet since I'm at work atm, but it seems that you can only do this if you are Chapter 11 and onward. Can anyone check this? I don't really wanna rush through just to play this.

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
I did the timed quest many times, yet still I don't win astonishingly XD, whats your strategy?
Need Ice magic to use on the blue Malboros. There's some Justice Monsters Five machine in Altissa that cost like 10K Gil to play that have some prize..I think that lets you create break limit magic. If you don't have ribbons, there is a meal you can eat that will make you immune to any abnormal status that the Malboro mobs will throw at you. You'll probably still eat up a lot of potions though given the amount of AoE attacks that are going to end up being used in the fight if not ended quickly.

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
I haven't checked it out yet since I'm at work atm, but it seems that you can only do this if you are Chapter 11 and onward. Can anyone check this? I don't really wanna rush through just to play this.
You don't need to be that deep in the game to access it. I'd say more like 6 or 8.

Guitar (pseudo)God

Blitzball Champion
Aug 14, 2016
All over
Need Ice magic to use on the blue Malboros. There's some Justice Monsters Five machine in Altissa that cost like 10K Gil to play that have some prize..I think that lets you create break limit magic. If you don't have ribbons, there is a meal you can eat that will make you immune to any abnormal status that the Malboro mobs will throw at you. You'll probably still eat up a lot of potions though given the amount of AoE attacks that are going to end up being used in the fight if not ended quickly.
Thought they were weak against fire..? Anyway, Limit Break magic and magic stat-boosting accessories is how I survived the
4 goddamn Iron Giants in the Costlemark menace dungeon
. I would think these would be the same. These guys are easy to stay behind, too, from experience with other hunts/quests. Link Strikes (especially the Ascension node to break the damage limit) puts a hurt on them as well.

Noktis.Ouji

PSICOM Soldier
Jul 16, 2016
I've got the JMV prize and I added it to fire, didn't use ice tho hmmmm .. I've got 4 ribbons so I focus on meals that adds to my magic, it is an easy boss but I wanna win without using any potion.

Noktis.Ouji

PSICOM Soldier
Jul 16, 2016
Thought they were weak against fire..? Anyway, Limit Break magic and magic stat-boosting accessories is how I survived the
. I would think these would be the same. These guys are easy to stay behind, too, from experience with other hunts/quests. Link Strikes (especially the Ascension node to break the damage limit) puts a hurt on them as well.
I have done the castlemark menace which I consider the freaking hardest thing in the game, and I have completed the ascension and I am level 120. I thought I'd be invincible against those malboros Y_Y

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
The normal lvl. 38 ones are weak to fire. the higher lv 65 blueish ones are weak to ice. Typically the Malboro like mobs are easy to stay behind, but it's been problematic for me.

I've got the JMV prize and I added it to fire, didn't use ice tho hmmmm .. I've got 4 ribbons so I focus on meals that adds to my magic, it is an easy boss but I wanna win without using any potion.
Unless you can end the match quickly, you'll probably have to use some potions. I don't have any ribbons in my case, and I take a ton of damage from the Bad Breath AoEs. The difficulty is going to really vary depending on gear and level. I'm at like 48, and I am struggling. I'll get it right before the week is over though.