Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Jun 7, 2014
Poland
It's completely fine to be cautious of the DLC, but it seems to me you have already made up your mind on the quality of it before playing it.
Then read my post again. I do have an opinion and certain expectations based on what was shown and past experience. I think I made it clear it's not some hard stance that I'm going to retain even if the final product ends up different.

Plus, I can't help but find it slightly shady that you call me out on this while you also seem to have already formed an opinion on the dlc, just a positive one.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
He needs a good woman...to completely trounce him in combat and drag him on an adventure that opens his eyes to more than his role as King's Shield.
I'm sure Aranea would know how to make him - or any of the other male characters for that matter- squeal and open their eyes to a lot of other things too lol

She's got that don't care attitude that would set you up for a wild adventure into the unknown.

Best lady in FFXV.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
If you still had doubts about the VR thing, it won't change your mind but seens to be serviceable enough:
E3 2017 Hands-On: Final Fantasy XV’s Monsters of the Deep Is Way More Fun Than You’d Think.
Very delayed of me but just read the article.

Well, this sounds promising.

My kinda fan service - hanging out having a good time with characters I like. Sounds great to me.

I'll probably check it out after all. I mean, the fishing in this game is pretty great. They got that part very right.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
Yeah they fucked up on the dlc for this game, well I never expected it to be good. And I dont think that my profile pic is happening, All I can hope for now is ff7r and if Nomura works on something just as interesting as versus afterwords either that be a new IP or he works on FF16.

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
Then read my post again. I do have an opinion and certain expectations based on what was shown and past experience. I think I made it clear it's not some hard stance that I'm going to retain even if the final product ends up different.

Plus, I can't help but find it slightly shady that you call me out on this while you also seem to have already formed an opinion on the dlc, just a positive one.
Cool story bro. Tell me this. How is it shady when I admitted my own stance to be bias? Now, if I had not, then you'd have a solid argument to go with. You may also have a misconception on what I deem "enjoyable". I am aware already that more than likely Episode Prompto will have some flaws. FFXV had flaws as well, but that didn't play such a significant factor in my experience that it prevented me from enjoying the game.

Jun 7, 2014
Poland
Cool story bro. Tell me this. How is it shady when I admitted my own stance to be bias? Now, if I had not, then you'd have a solid argument to go with. You may also have a misconception on what I deem "enjoyable". I am aware already that more than likely Episode Prompto will have some flaws. FFXV had flaws as well, but that didn't play such a significant factor in my experience that it prevented me from enjoying the game.
I'll be honest, I don't really understand the point you're trying to make. I feel that I already explained my opinion clearly enough and this argument doesn't really have much merit. Can we just hug it out and move on?

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016

Prompto Episode official trailer

hollllyyyy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

more ardyn, aranea and the magitek doctor (which i forgot the name now), snowbike...

now im absolutely hyped
Not sure about you guys but that looks fantastic.

Not long to go now ladies and gentlemen.

Aranea kind of reminds me of Lightning here.

The old dudes name be Verstael lol

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017

Prompto Episode official trailer

hollllyyyy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

more ardyn, aranea and the magitek doctor (which i forgot the name now), snowbike...

now im absolutely hyped
Psssttt...it's Verstael.

Not sure about you guys but that looks fantastic.

Not long to go now ladies and gentlemen.

Aranea kind of reminds me of Lightning here.

The old dudes name be Verstael lol
Yea, I haven't played the game much since Episode Gladio dropped, so now I'm even more hyped about this coming out especially since Aranea is going to be in it!!!!!! And Ardyn.....smooth as fuck as normal.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Yea, I haven't played the game much since Episode Gladio dropped, so now I'm even more hyped about this coming out especially since Aranea is going to be in it!!!!!! And Ardyn.....smooth as fuck as normal.
I had an inkling Ardyn would show his troll face in this episode, but Aranea?

Talk about a very, very pleasant surprise. Wasn't expecting her to be in this at all.

i like how they are giving more screentime for secondary characters

cor on gladio's dlc, now aranea... i think ravus will be one of the "stars" of ignis episode.
Huh I never thought of that. It would be welcome screentime for Ravus.

Lots of things to look forward to then :p

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
I had an inkling Ardyn would show his troll face in this episode, but Aranea?

Talk about a very, very pleasant surprise. Wasn't expecting her to be in this at all.
With Ardyn showing up in this episode, do you think he'll also show up in Iggy's episode as well? If played right, would that be a good opportunity to touch on Ardyn's past some depending on when the episode takes place?

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
With Ardyn showing up in this episode, do you think he'll also show up in Iggy's episode as well? If played right, would that be a good opportunity to touch on Ardyn's past some depending on when the episode takes place?
I think he will.

Ignis did say that the last thing he saw was Ardyn's ship flying away and that he tried to stop it, but couldn't. Ignis was telling Noctis this right before Ardyn switched himself with Prompto remember?

My speculation is that while Ignis and the gang where helping evacuate the Altissian people to safety, Ardyn interfered and may have had a hand in Ignis turning blind.

As for whether it will touch upon his past, if this is only taking place during the Altissia scene, then probably not. If it fast forwards to the 10 year time gap where Ignis is exploring the ruins with Talcott reading up on the past history of Lucis, perhaps.

Arydn is a troll. He's going to show up everywhere and rub 2000 years worth of saltiness into everyone's face lol

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
^good theory

ardyn is so salty he uses Noctis illusion as a disguise, he wished to be the true king after all.
Yeah I noticed Arydn pulling a "Noctis holding a sword and advancing menacingly towards Prompto like how he did before he offed Ravus" lol

I mean... don't tell me Ardyn is STILL stalking Prompto, even in the snowy areas of the game? LOL

Well.. gotta pass the time somehow right? xD

To me, Ardyn is still the true King. I actually view him as the true hero in the game. He did have a hand in saving the world and planned for all of this to happen during his 2000 year wait for Noctis to be born. Sure he was on the wrong side but, well, he did plan for everything to pan out the way it did, which did include the world being saved.

Whether the world being saved was the main goal, or it being a byproduct, is up for lengthy debate of course.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Episode Prompto looks fantastic. o_o It seems like there's a good blend of story and set-piece -- unlike Episode Gladio, I could see it being added in-line with the main story without feeling out of place in the slightest.

(I'm going to go out on a limb and say that, when the PC version finally comes out, someone ought to make a mod where Episodes Prompto and Ignis are added in-line as Verse 2s to Chapters 12 and 9, respectively; Chapter 13:2 is added in-line to Chapter 13 proper; and Episode Gladio's transformed into a non-standard tour.)

Aranea's winter outfit is fantastic. I kind of hope it'll be available either in the main game or in the multiplayer add-on. XD