Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
OT: So Neogaf is unfortunately back. Owner is staying on despite the sexual allegations since he and his cesspool website have no shame. Some of the previous modship have also returned in loyalty to him for whatever reason. Moderations are now anonymous. As per usual, you'll be banned if you go against the status quo. Difference now being you won't know who banned you anymore. How fair and balanced. Many people are "suiciding" (intentionally getting their accounts banned by speaking out) and it's just dissolved into a massive mess. So it's now official. Neogaf is pretty much the 4th Reich. Congrats, /v/. You aren't the worst gaming related web portal on the Internet anymore. Surely a celebration must happen in light of this dethroning.
Looks like for a insider posted something as their farewell talking about some square enix games
upload_2017-10-24_20-49-26.png
Interesting

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Looks like for a insider posted something as their farewell talking about some square enix games
View attachment 798
Interesting
That is indeed very interesting.

The FFXV port to switch is something I’d be interested in granted it has all the upcoming updates added to it.

Can’t tell if the last thing in that screenshot was a joke or a teaser though lol. Most likely a joke I’d say.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
OT: So Neogaf is unfortunately back. Owner is staying on despite the sexual allegations since he and his cesspool website have no shame. Some of the previous modship have also returned in loyalty to him for whatever reason. Moderations are now anonymous. As per usual, you'll be banned if you go against the status quo. Difference now being you won't know who banned you anymore. How fair and balanced. Many people are "suiciding" (intentionally getting their accounts banned by speaking out) and it's just dissolved into a massive mess. So it's now official. Neogaf is pretty much the 4th Reich. Congrats, /v/. You aren't the worst gaming related web portal on the Internet anymore. Surely a celebration must happen in light of this dethroning.
Expanding on my previous post, the monetary earnings for that website is pretty substantial so I’m not surprised he didn’t want to give that up.

He has allegations against him, no actual convictions yet, which is why he’s still able to run it.

Until he has actually been convicted, there’s no reason for him to give up ownership of such a profitable website.

Sure lots of users will drop off, but I’d say there will still be a large number of people going there for gaming news and discussion regardless.

As for the anonymous modding, I guess those mods still need a job at the end of the day even if they don’t like the owner. Gotta put food on the table somehow so I guess the anonymous thing is to protect them.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
>Remake of the first FF but MonHun-like

He's just trolling guys, don't bother thinking too much about it (please remove that link from this thread llazy77, that has nothing to do with XV proper and you were warned about mentions of "it").

Anyhow, it was nice while it lasted in regards to GAF. Rest in piss i say.

Last edited:

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
On one hand, i quite like the idea of FFXV (core game) on the go.

On the other, i shudder to think of how they'll be able to deal with the file size fitting in a Switch cartridge alone compared to blu ray discs on consoles.

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
I'm still in doub about the Switch port happening, I've yet to see a Switch game that can display as many enemies, actions and special effects at the same time without tanking performance as the game does in the current consoles (while keeping said elements/assets/effects in relative high quality).
We all know the title will have significant downgrades for the Switch version. I know I sound like a douche here, but I don't see why the pocket version can't run on the Switch.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
I'm still in doub about the Switch port happening, I've yet to see a Switch game that can display as many enemies, actions and special effects at the same time without tanking performance as the game does in the current consoles (while keeping said elements/assets/effects in relative high quality).
Yeah that pretty much sums up what it could turn out to be like if it ever gets on the Switch lol

Lag x9000

On one hand, i quite like the idea of FFXV (core game) on the go.

On the other, i shudder to think of how they'll be able to deal with the file size fitting in a Switch cartridge alone compared to blu ray discs on consoles.
I think they would have to eliminate a lot of the graphical prowess to fit the game in. It's a beast of a task I'll bet.

We all know the title will have significant downgrades for the Switch version. I know I sound like a douche here, but I don't see why the pocket version can't run on the Switch.
You don't sound like a douche here at all. It's a very valid question.

Why didn't they add that to the switch as opposed to the core game? I have no idea lol

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
You don't sound like a douche here at all. It's a very valid question.

Why didn't they add that to the switch as opposed to the core game? I have no idea lol
I understand that Tabata is looking into the unique features of the Switch seeing if it's possible to get FFXV to work around that, but I have my high doubts considering how the PS4 Pro even struggles to run FFXV. There's a reason why the past few Nintendo home consoles have had horrible 3rd party support. Hardware does matter.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comments/78y7de/stream_multiplayer_expansion_comrades_with/

seems like another stream is going live today with Mrhappy edit: its live

*battle theme giving me major FFT vibes
*dying easily to the boss
*looks like you can revive yourself if you have an ingredient but its limited
*they might reveal ep ignis composer soon but not today?
*died again, either the game bosses are hard or they suck lol
*by collecting meteorshards more parts of the town can be unlocked
*matt sucking again
*you can clean your clothes on the steamer lol
*over

in other news, Tabata discussed the success of FFXV in this year GDC:

they showed the same tech video in the end with the battle against cerberus and destructible enviroments so i think that's coming to PC at least.

Last edited:

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
https://www.xboxachievements.com/game/final-fantasy-xv/achievements/

Archivements/Trophies for Comrades

Beacon of Hope - Powered up all facilities in Lestallum.
Kingly Blessing - Received a Royal Sigil.
One with Your Blade - Crafted a weapon of Level 30 or higher.
Come Back, Kenny! - Met the owner of the Crow's Nest Diner.

Hidden Trophies/Secret Achievements

Royal Retinue Rumble -Bested the Chosen King's companions.
Cleaving a Path - Witnessed the awakening of King Noctis.
Let There Be Light - Amassed an output of 999,999 kW.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
https://www.xboxachievements.com/game/final-fantasy-xv/achievements/

Archivements/Trophies for Comrades

Beacon of Hope - Powered up all facilities in Lestallum.
Kingly Blessing - Received a Royal Sigil.
One with Your Blade - Crafted a weapon of Level 30 or higher.
Come Back, Kenny! - Met the owner of the Crow's Nest Diner.

Hidden Trophies/Secret Achievements

Royal Retinue Rumble -Bested the Chosen King's companions.
Cleaving a Path - Witnessed the awakening of King Noctis.
Let There Be Light - Amassed an output of 999,999 kW.
Makes me wonder how far Comrades actually goes in story

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Makes me wonder how far Comrades actually goes in story
I guess we'll see, perhaps up until Noctis awakens from the Crystal as one of the hidden trophies, perhaps?

Edit:

This trailer of EPisode Ignis was incredible, holy frick, although, it looks like one of the leaks may be true, but I won't bring it into this.

Last edited: