Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Moogles were already confirmed and they look like in Type-0
That's a little disappointing, honestly. Type-0's Moogles are fine, but I prefer my Moogles to be more "realistic;" less exaggerated features like a smaller nose and stouter limbs, fluffier and proportional so that they look like animals that would kinda make sense in the world. But of course still intelligent and magical. Something closer to the way the appear in IX would be fantastic. FFXIV's Moogles are pretty adorable too though. I guess the main thing I dislike about their design in Type-0 is the skinniness.

Rezon

Red Wings Commander
Feb 21, 2015
That's a little disappointing, honestly. Type-0's Moogles are fine, but I prefer my Moogles to be more "realistic;" less exaggerated features like a smaller nose and stouter limbs, fluffier and proportional so that they look like animals that would kinda make sense in the world. But of course still intelligent and magical. Something closer to the way the appear in IX would be fantastic. FFXIV's Moogles are pretty adorable too though. I guess the main thing I dislike about their design in Type-0 is the skinniness.
I think they were chubby enough in Type-0.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
We have yet to "see" a moogle in FFXV, the only one that we have seen so far is in the form of a plushie, inside a yellow truck.

Oct 19, 2013
You probably meant "FFXV forum" but this also sounds true.

And I have a feeling this forum is gonna be a disaster.
That's why I'll try spreading positivity in there to encourage the devs following^^ There will be an inevitable wave of trolls rolling in as soon as it opens.

Noctis_Caelum

Chocobo Knight
Jul 15, 2014
Don't know if it's already known, but you can see Promptos smart phone.
He takes it when it's ringing.

Does that mean that we can really take photos, play games and other things with this cool feature?^^
COdMJoDUkAA6yk3.jpg large.jpg

Oct 19, 2013
New German interview with Tabata:
http://www.gamersglobal.de/interview/ff7-remake-ist-ein-rivale-von-ff15?page=0,0
http://www.gamersglobal.de/interview/ff7-remake-ist-ein-rivale-von-ff15?page=0,1
http://www.gamersglobal.de/interview/ff7-remake-ist-ein-rivale-von-ff15?page=0,2

I think Google Translate should work well enough for you, but I could summarize a few tidbits.

- Versus XIII was long in development but nothing in the game really worked well together, nothing was ever final or solid.
- They also work with Avalanche Studios for the car's driving physics in addition to the tech needed for full-scale airship travelling (Avalanche is interested in using some of FFXV's tech, too).
- For Tabata a real-time battle system suits a modern, HD RPG the best, but they want to satisfy both fans of turn-based and action.
- Wants to move away from the overexaggerated, stylized way of depicting characters' emotion and interaction, more towards grounded, believable and human characters.
- See FFVIIR as a rival in a positive way and as a milestone, but not something they have to "beat".
- Collectable and upgradeable weapons.
- Camp will be upgradeable, too.
- Open-world and story-structure similar to Red Dead Redemption. The story progresses linearily, but every time you reach a new big open area, you can freely explore how you like. Some parts of the world might not be accessible at first for story reasons.
- ̶B̶̶i̶̶g̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶r̶̶e̶̶a̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶p̶̶p̶̶a̶̶r̶̶e̶̶n̶̶t̶̶l̶̶y̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶r̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶e̶̶p̶̶e̶̶r̶̶a̶̶t̶̶e̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶i̶̶g̶̶ ̶̶"̶̶z̶̶o̶̶n̶̶e̶̶s̶̶"̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶n̶̶o̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶p̶̶a̶̶r̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶f̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶e̶̶a̶̶m̶̶l̶̶e̶̶s̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶u̶̶g̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶m̶̶a̶̶p̶̶ ̶̶[̶̶N̶̶o̶̶t̶̶e̶̶:̶̶ ̶̶T̶̶h̶̶a̶̶t̶̶'̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶o̶̶w̶̶ ̶̶I̶̶ ̶̶u̶̶n̶̶d̶̶e̶̶r̶̶s̶̶t̶̶o̶̶o̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶t̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶l̶̶e̶̶a̶̶s̶̶t̶̶]̶̶.̶ EDIT: [Big areas are probably part of a seamless map, but are made accessible gradually (see FFXII, Xenoblade or Red Dead Redemption) - I assume that's what Tabata meant]
- There's no clear, single story theme/motive (like "Journey to the West" in Enslaved f.e.). It's more about universal, deeply human themes (friendship, bonds, loyalty, father-son-relationship etc.).
- No alternative endings. One satisfying ending.
- New-Game-Plus mode. Before you reach the final boss, you can decide to go back and finish remaining quests etc., as usual in FFs.
- WRPGs he likes are Oblivion, Skyrim and The Witcher 3. His all-time favorite RPG is Dragon Quest 3.
- Summons can't be leveled up. They are just asked to help, they don't take orders from you.
- The party will be able to swim in certain situations. F.e. there's a section in regards to a legendary weapon in the game where you have to swim [Note: He thinks it was already shown in a trailer - maybe he means the Leviathan scene from the E3 trailer?]
- Those weapons are an important part. They're trying to achieve some cool technical stuff with them, like Noctis soaring up with (or materializing into?) a cloud of water particles in "spiritual form" and then slamming hard into the ground again in "physical form" when using a certain weapon
- Feedback about female Cid wasn't really surrprising and they appreciate the different feedback from all around the globe for her and the demo in general, which they will use in the polishing process to offer the possibly best game experience for worldwide audiences ("globalization-process").

Also @RedMakuzawa translated two paragraphs completely:

Source: https://twitter.com/RedMakuzawa/status/642973494402093056

Source: https://twitter.com/RedMakuzawa/status/642982796646977536

Last edited:

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
- Versus XIII was long in development but nothing in the game really worked well together, nothing was ever final or solid.
This is disheartening to read.
- Wants to move away from the overexaggerated, stylized way of depicting characters' emotion and interaction, more towards grounded, believable and human characters.
By having a main cast that looks nothing like believable human beings, haha.
- Open-world and story-structure similar to Red Dead Redemption. The story progresses linearily, but every time you reach a new big open area, you can freely explore how you like. Some parts of the world might not be accessible at first for story reasons.
Well this sounds good. I liked RDR's story progression.
- Big areas apparently are seperate, big "zones", not part of one seamless huge map [Note: That's how I understood it, at least].
I had assumed this a long time ago.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Versus XIII was long in development but nothing in the game really worked well together, nothing was ever final or solid.
At this point i´m wondering if Nomura actually gave a f*** about this project back in the day.
Koozek said:
Camp will be upgradeable, too.
Maybe, Better camp = better buffs and skills ?
Koozek said:
Open-world and story-structure similar to Red Dead Redemption. The story progresses linearily, but every time you reach a new big open area, you can freely explore how you like. Some parts of the world might not be accessible at first for story reasons.
That sounds like every FFgame ever (which is not a bad thing), i think this type of story progression fits perfectly for an open world game, which sometimes the story tends to be unfocused due to the world structure.
Koozek said:
Big areas apparently are seperate, big "zones", not part of one seamless huge map [Note: That's how I understood it, at least].
???? maybe should wait for more clarification.
Koozek said:
Summons can't be leveled up. They are just asked to help, they don't take orders from you.
Wouldn´t it make them "useless" as you encounter stronger enemies ? (Unless they upscale in a FF8 style)

Oct 19, 2013
I had assumed this a long time ago.
???? maybe should wait for more clarification.
Honestly, I'm not sure if Tabata might just misunderstood the question, if something was lost in translation (German interviewer asked in English, which was then translated to Japanese) or if I just don't understand the question and answer :D
The part in question:

"GamersGlobal: Noch mal konkret, bitte: Eines dieser Gebiete, von denen Sie eben sprachen, ist das nun eine einzelne, wenn auch große Map wie in der Demo, oder Teil einer großen Open-World-Karte?

Hajime Tabata: Ersteres. Grundsätzlich öffnet sich die Weltkarte nach und nach für den Spieler, und du kannst gehen, wohin du willst. Aber es gibt bestimmte Teile, die erst ab bestimmten Punkten in der Story zugänglich sind. Du kommst also in ein neues Gebiet und hast dann Zugriff auf diese Region, die so ist wie in der Demo und gehst dann weiter in die nächste. Das ist auch Teil des Storytellings, wobei der Fokus, sobald man den Höhepunkt der Handlung erreicht hat, stärker als vorher auf der Geschichte liegt.
"

My translation:
"GamersGlobal: More concretely, please: One of those areas you talked about just now, is it a single, albeit huge, map like in the demo, or part of one big open-world-map?

Hajime Tabata: Former. Generally the map opens up gradually as the player progresses and you can go where you want. There are certain parts, though, that can only be accessed at certain points in the story. So you reach a new area and then have access to this area, like you do in the demo and then you move on to the next. That's also part of the story-telling, although, when you reached the climax of the story, there will be a stronger focus on the story than before.
"
---

I think it's basically like what GAF's artsi described here: