Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
hmm will try to watch a video or something

notice anything else?
Who knows? I haven't seen any video about this yet, but I've heard Shiva's english words in the update. I do like Ifrit's Starscourge design as much as the regular design. Also, when I tried getting to Cartanica's small town on foot, it wasn't there, but I did notice a few floating rocks, and some of the ground looks like it gotten a little higher. I did manage to find the town through the Armiger, though. This is the Episode Prompto area OOB shenanigans all over again.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Whenever I reload my file, the small Cartanica town disappears. With a new quest being added to Chapter 10 in the next update which was leaked by accident, and the discovery of this town, I think it's safe to assume that the quest is in the small town, but this is just speculation.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
generally i dislike small changes like the one with ifrit since i already grown accostumed to his look, but fighting a dark ifrit is such a cool twist.

he looks baddass in-game

theres a ton of new banter dialogue as well, this fucking game.

Wonder what the quest will be about, like it'll be the only other quest you could do in Chapter 10 anyway.
maybe cindy will drive you to that small town for something, i doubt they'll make all the region seamless.

Last edited:

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
generally i dislike small changes like the one with ifrit since i already grown accostumed to his look, but fighting a dark ifrit is such a cool twist.

he looks baddass in-game

theres a ton of new banter dialogue as well, this fucking game.
I like both of Ifrit's designs, but the Starcourge form of Ifrit looks cooler to me, makes the fact he was corrupted by the Starscourge more clear, and I think it makes him more Daemon-like in color, I do like the colors used for this new design.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/932981-final-fantasy-xv/76268694/895231806

"Ifrit is more aggressive in this version, plus the new voice and bunch of new sound effects. It's more polished and now... oh look there's new parry moves and everything"

gives me hope the final battle against ardyn will be improved.

I have a BIG feeling Ardyin's fight is going to be a big priority to fix. Especially with this new armiger you can unlock, I'm sure the first thing going through their minds was that they cant put that old armiger fight back if they don't want backlash. Think about it. You fight this cool, new Cerberus and Kings of Yore fight and then that Ardyn one? I think they'd know to change it. But we'll see.

And this is freaking awesome. There has to be a reason for Cindy's truck aside from a story one. In the main game she tows your car, which probably means you will have access to it at some point in this area.

They are actually opening up Niflheim. Holy crap.

I also have a feeling, since Google translate sucks, that it said added "new quests to chapter 10" and not "A new quest added in chapter 10" simply because pluralization in japanese comes at the end of the sentence, not at the end of each word, and Google translate is shit, so we'll see.

Man, if they satisfy chapter 10 with the Royal update, then its just chapters 11 and 12 that need more content to this aspect (Maybe a little more 8/9 but I'm not complaining). They seriously are elevating the back half of this game. Man I love this development team. Its like a dream come true.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Wonder what the quest will be about, like it'll be the only other quest you could do in Chapter 10 anyway.

It's very possible that Google Translate sucks and since we don't have an original copy of patch notes (since they updated it), we cant check it.
Speculating, but I think it may be "Added new Quests to chapter 10" and not singular. The new assets in the Cartanica area scream exploreable to me and one quest doesn't seem like it'd be it

Last edited:

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
It's very possible that Google Translate sucks and since we don't have an original copy of patch notes (since they updated it), we cant check it.
Speculating, but I think it may be "Added new Quests to chapter 10" and not singular. The new assets in the Cartanica area scream exploreable to me and one quest doesn't seem like it'd be what they'd do.
dunno, if they actually intended to add cartanica in the next patch, the notes would read like "New areas added to chapter 10" or something.

not saying it won't come, but maybe not this month.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
dunno, if they actually intended to add cartanica in the next patch, the notes would read like "New areas added to chapter 10" or something.

Very true. I will say though, look how much was just added into this patch. But it would be odd if they didn't say that I guess since it would be one of the biggest updates to the game haha.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017

Yeah, who knows, that line of Chapter 10 getting a new quest is a mystery in itself, this mysterious update that line was from may just be the March Update, as it mentioned 'adding in compatibility with Royal Pack', but we'll wait and see.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Weird, people are saying they can grab a second pair of Nyx's daggers on the ground now insomnia. Man, it would be nice if they updated that Random monster fight (implied to be Glauca) where you get his weapons and instead fight a more recognizable version of Glauca. It would have so much more emotional effect on Noct and Gladio (considering Gladio actually needs character development) over him killing Clarus and Regis

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
With how the Royal update has been playing up on making the climax of the game extra special, and now this new render to advertise it, I would be SHOCKED if they didn't revamp Ardyn's entire fight for this moment.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
As for the coast at Cartanica, we'll just have to wait and see by the next patch, we don't know if the new quest will take place in that town, it's currently a mystery, and if it is, that would be great, as we'd finally be able to explore some of Cartanica through that town, but I'm not holding my breath, as they already were expanding Insomnia, but expanding Cartanica at the same time? That would be interesting and yet weird in a way, but we'll see, I'm not going to lose it just yet.