Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
(I think GOTY is one of the code for the Royal)
"GOTY" = Game of the Year, i.e., the standard name used for re-releases including all DLC. It's an obvious stand-in name that was probably used before the Royal Edition's name had been determined.

The benchmark (and also a lot of demos) is based on the final code (the code of the Windows/Royal Edition)... Probably Square didn't want to edit the code too much (or maybe it wasn't even possible)... So here they come the leaks XD
It might be based on the final code, but they needed to cut out ~100GB of data anyway, so one would think they'd make sure the spoilers were part of that. I guess it's possible that the spoilers showed up in places that were harder to remove, though. *shrugs*

zaza50

Balamb Garden Freshman
Feb 11, 2018
"GOTY" = Game of the Year, i.e., the standard name used for re-releases including all DLC. It's an obvious stand-in name that was probably used before the Royal Edition's name had been determined.

It might be based on the final code, but they needed to cut out ~100GB of data anyway, so one would think they'd make sure the spoilers were part of that. I guess it's possible that the spoilers showed up in places that were harder to remove, though. *shrugs*
Yeah I think you're right.

---

About the additions to Chapter 10
I also find (code GOTY) just
- Additional Dialogues
- Photos
- Chocobo Search Quest
A little sad about this :( A missed opportunity IMHO.

It seems there is also (in the same Voice section with code: GOTY):
additional Dialogues in chapter 5 and in Altissia Hotel (Chapter 9), and obviously a gargantuan number of new dialogues in the "Last Dungeon" (Chapter 14)

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Yeah I think you're right.

---

About the additions to Chapter 10
I also find (code GOTY) just
- Additional Dialogues
- Photos
- Chocobo Search Quest
A little sad about this :( A missed opportunity IMHO.

It seems there is also (in the same Voice section with code: GOTY):
additional Dialogues in chapter 5 and in Altissia Hotel (Chapter 9), and obviously a gargantuan number of new dialogues in the "Last Dungeon" (Chapter 14)
Thanks for the update on Iris and Aranea! So there is hope we'll see them soon in the timeskip!

I think chapter 10-12 will probably next on their focus for updates. I don't think it' over for that chapter, not by a long shot.

Anything on the Rulers of Yore and how many we fight?

zaza50

Balamb Garden Freshman
Feb 11, 2018
Thanks for the update on Iris and Aranea! So there is hope we'll see them soon in the timeskip!

I think chapter 10-12 will probably next on their focus for updates. I don't think it' over for that chapter, not by a long shot.

Anything on the Rulers of Yore and how many we fight?
I've found only
3 Battle Kings (marked as: Battle_GOTY_KING01 - 02 - 03)
I think that probably there will be only the 3 Kings of the last trailer (The Mystic, The Fierce and The Rogue)

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
I've found only
3 Battle Kings (marked as: Battle_GOTY_KING01 - 02 - 03)
I think that probably there will be only the 3 Kings of the last trailer (The Mystic, The Fierce and The Rogue)

Thanks! That was honestly to be expected. 13 would have been overkill but perhaps other updates add them in over time as optional fights or something

zaza50

Balamb Garden Freshman
Feb 11, 2018
That sounds fair, I was expecting some of the Kings of Lucis, not all of them, I'm fine with fighting just those three.
Thanks! That was honestly to be expected. 13 would have been overkill but perhaps other updates add them in over time as optional fights or something
You're welcome.
Yeah I hoped to see all the 13 Kings, but maybe it was to much XD.. As you say, maybe in future updates..

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Yeah: Chapter 5 TALK (not much), and "Altissia Hotel" TALK (lesser than Chapter 5).
That's cool, I'll try to see those dialogues when March 6th comes by, either by video or by me playing the game, but I might end up doing the expanded Chapter 14 first, though, as it's tough to choose where to start. For End-Game bosses for Chapter 14, we have.:

1. Behemoth King (If it's still going to appear.)
2. Cerberus
3. Ifrit.
4. King of The Mystic
5. King of The Fierce
6. Queen of The Rogue
7. Ardyn

Sounds like a decent line-up to me.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
I wonder if there any possible updates from the pocket edition coming (Leviathans fight in Chapter 9, Shiva's "dungeon" in Chapter 12, and the new Ardyn dialogue). Doubt it's be in this release but perhaps April will bring some good shit haha.

I'm also curious to see what that other leak had to say about the new regalia. WoR has to be coming. And if Iris and Aranea have "GOTY changes", I really cant not be hyped

Edit: Thanks a lot for your resourcefulness!!!

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
I wonder if there any possible updates from the pocket edition coming (Leviathans fight in Chapter 9, Shiva's "dungeon" in Chapter 12, and the new Ardyn dialogue). Doubt it's be in this release but perhaps April will bring some good shit haha.
Gift From Cid

Noctis receives a special delivery from Cid via Talcott: a mysterious key. True to form, however, Cid provides no specifics regarding its function, only noting it would provide access to "somethin' mighty handy." Eager to decode the meaning behind this cryptic message, Noctis and his friends set out to unlock the secret of the key. Head to the destination. The Regalia replica will not run out of gas. Ask Talcott to service the car when it is too damaged to drive.

- there's conversation with iris and gladio, looks like it could be on a phone because they did also put in new dialogue with iris in last update; looks like gladio hasn't told iris about what's gonna happen to noctis after he gets out of the crystal
- mentioned he found unused lines from early versions
- said some lines he found were been showing up in pocket edition videos, so maybe they'll be included (or they are part of unused dialogue).
- in the data, niflhem and tenebrae areas are named similar to the concept art of terraverde, implying it's the continent name.
seems some lines are on the game's data, but i think they were already there because they got removed.