Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Ikkin

Keyblade Master
Oct 30, 2016
So I took a look at the "expanded" Leviathan fight, and Shiva "dungeon" in PE and I think you guys are overstating their "improvements" over the base game.

The lead up to Levi fight has arbitrally three more rooms (with the same type of enemies!), Ok you can warp and walk on the roofs of building debris (making something visually akin to 2013 trailers) BUT is ultimately barely different from the original warp and walk on the floors of building debris...

The Shiva "dungeon" is just an extra open room filled with daemons, yes you have to go up again to fight the boss but did that part really for more padded fighting?

Chapter 9 and 12 are fine as they are now.
With regards to the Leviathan fight, all I really care about is making the setpiece as impressive as possible... and, while it's hard for the mobile game to be particularly impressive given its visual style and its inability to trigger instant warp strikes, expanding the Pocket Edition addition into an HD equivalent could be really cool. You get to run along a hallway while Leviathan's water-doubles destroy dropships, you have to warp out of said hallway after one of said dropships crashes into it, you get to warp between different areas that you can't reach otherwise because of the destruction... it could definitely help make the setpiece feel more substantial.

I'd still argue that Episode Ignis should be mandatory in the game's final form, of course, but adding a bit more setpiece to Noct's section of the Leviathan fight would at least be a start.

As for the Shiva dungeon, again, I think it's critical to consider the difference between a mobile game and an HD game. An HD equivalent of the Shiva dungeon literally couldn't look the same way as the Pocket Edition dungeon looked. For the scale to make any sense, the dungeon would have to be more like the Titan dungeon, which would be plenty sufficient to improve the pacing.

I think there will be more, considering they are keeping it a secret. I'm like 90% sure there will be much more to Ardyn's conflict at the end, as a think an extended fight in the beyond/afterlife is what everyone wants.
Not me! I wouldn't mind the current fight with Ardyn being expanded, but I don't think it would be thematically appropriate to have another fight after Noct ascended to the throne.

That is a really cool bit of artwork. I really doubt it's meant to be taken literally -- it makes little sense for Luna to face off against Ardyn, really -- but the implication that Luna might be shown using her trident in combat is appreciated regardless.

And on the subject of the link...

The car-pushing event at the beginning of Chapter 1 was initially going to be 15 minutes long.
That would have been Kojima-level trolling, wow. Does anyone still want to argue that Chapter 13 wasn't intentional? XD

As for the multiple endings, because the ending of the main game was already good, the alternate ending carries a sense of denial.
Well, that's a nice bit of vindication. =D

For the record: my take on Episode Ignis' alternative ending since shortly after release has been that it's designed to reflect the sort of wishful thinking that one might engage in while suffering survivor's guilt. I am totally down with the alternate ending reflecting denial in opposition to the main game's theme of acceptance.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
So long as the linearity is done well, then I wouldn’t mind it.

Before, we got a game that was rushed and missing things because of time constraints, which I fully understand.

Now that they’re taking the time to properly update the game, I think it’s fair to expect then to put a lot into these updates.

It wouldn’t fly too well if these updates were shallow in nature tbh, especially toward those who were patient and understanding.

It’s not just the fans though. It would be favourable for the company too. This is the perfect opportunity for them to showcase how great this game can be with hefty updates.

The haters would finally be quiet and fans would be pleased that the wait was worth it.
You know what? This.

BD2 going all out with the 2018 updates is very crucial towards the game's long-term reception and nothing else would give me greater satisfaction other than further serving crow towards the degenerates that were/are adament on kicking the game down without a hint of empathy towards the team fighting tooth and nail to keep FFXV standing on its own feet, especially with this year being it's extended & final post-content support before the inevitable Ultimate Edition arrives with all the year two content.

So in my eyes, 2018 is now or never, and i'm glad BD2 were given this oppurtunity to give it their all the best they can.

FFChocobo18

Keyblade Master
Jan 9, 2017
You know what? This.

BD2 going all out with the 2018 updates is very crucial towards the game's long-term reception and nothing else would give me greater satisfaction other than further serving crow towards the degenerates that were/are adament on kicking the game down without a hint of empathy towards the team fighting tooth and nail to keep FFXV standing on its own feet, especially with this year being it's extended & final post-content support before the inevitable Ultimate Edition arrives with all the year two content.

So in my eyes, 2018 is now or never, and i'm glad BD2 were given this oppurtunity to give it their all the best they can.
We'll see what exactly happens, but I'll take whatever I can.

FFChocobo18

Keyblade Master
Jan 9, 2017
The updates I want this year to be connected to the second half mainly, so I'll take as much as I can, as I found it lacking at launch, and I want Episode Ardyn as well.

Last edited:

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Royal Pack trophies

(spoilers obviously)

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comments/7xgxmx/spoilers_royal_edition_trophies/

someone also digged more info datamining the benchmark, apparently the quests that'll be added in chapter 10 are nothing special (they are lame if true, you might even say they are worse than usual hunts lol).

datalog will include things like:

cosmogony
ravus letters
"reports" with omega (?)
character + world info
monoliths that you need to find in dungeons.

edit: it seems like comrades will also be receiving updates too:

the four bros
the remaining royal sigils
ifrit rematch
chocobo ranch in cape caem

Last edited:

FFChocobo18

Keyblade Master
Jan 9, 2017
Royal Pack trophies

(spoilers obviously)

someone also digged more info datamining the benchmark, apparently the quests that'll be added in chapter 10 are nothing special (they are lame if true, you might even say they are worse than usual hunts lol).

datalog will include things like:

cosmogony
ravus letters
"reports" with omega (?)
character + world info
monoliths that you need to find in dungeons.

edit: it seems like comrades will also be receiving updates too:

the four bros
the remaining royal sigils
ifrit rematch
chocobo ranch in cape caem
Interesting, especially about Omega, could we be getting more lore about Solheim, too? I would love that.

Last edited:

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
What are the chapter 10 quests anyway? User's info got removed.
its so bad it almost sounds fake

a quest to find lost chocobo chicks in the dungeon
and another to take photos in the same dungeon

they sure aren't trying to improve their quest concent if thats the case, probably the most pointless additions they could have ever thought (it doesnt even match the tone of the chapter).

FFChocobo18

Keyblade Master
Jan 9, 2017
Even if that Chocobo thing was real, I would just ignore it, it's just a side quest, I like Chocobos, but I wouldn't do it for Chapter 10. Besides, we already have an expanded Insomnia, so nothing of value was lost to me there in my opinion.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Eh, that sounds pretty menial to be doing that in chapter 10.

What's the source of those Chapter 10 quests?

this one, but the mods deleted all the posts of the leaker.

he said he datamined the benchmark and found the royal pack trophies, names of upcoming quests, and descriptions of some stuff.

i think he's username was SylvaNoxFleuret, he's also on gamefaqs maybe if smn asks the information via PM...

Bazztek

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 26, 2014

this one, but the mods deleted all the posts of the leaker.

he said he datamined the benchmark and found the royal pack trophies, names of upcoming quests, and descriptions of some stuff.

i think he's username was SylvaNoxFleuret, he's also on gamefaqs maybe if smn asks the information via PM...
Ok, but why would stuff in an upcoming update be in a 3gb PC benchmark that was put out a few weeks ago?