Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Unless "Ifrits betrayal" from the survey counts as the chapter 12 update, then didn't the dialouge from Shiva already laid down his general story? Or am i missing something?
I'm saying that its possible we actually get to see him being revived and controlled by Ardyn. But, yeah that did improve it.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
When compiled, the Royal Pack DLC contains:

Expanded Insomnia City Ruins (Side Content: Relics of The Empire, etc, and need keys to get around in the city.)
Armiger Unleashed
Royal Vessel
Replica Regalia
Lore Archive
New Bosses (Cerberus, Kings of The Fierce and Mystic, and Queen of The Rogue, and Omega)

Edit

@Paperchampion23 Does the Replica Regalia also have 'GOTY', too? If so, then it's coming into the Royal Pack DLC.

I'd have to recheck (it took forever to find it so give me time), but I was sure that I saw GOTY next to those quests (Ex: "GOTY_A_GIFT_FROM_CID....", etc)

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
the plot thickens...
- one of the bases in chapter 14 is the Kingsglave HQ, if i understood it right
- ignis datalog description mention he's from the House Scientia, a well-known family of royal retainers
- new weapons and recipes for comrades
- theres data from platinum demo, mistery disk and even monster of the deep lol
- he found data about Versus XIII, stella was mentioned and a ninja village (apparently nothing big just programming info).

Last edited:

Flash Over

Chocobo Knight
Mar 7, 2015
NL, Canada
This does beg the question then: Iris and Aranea both have cross chain dialogues from what I found. They were only found in goty files, so they aren't
old.
If this is the case: we have to have the opportunity to play with Iris Again? Pretty sure you only have one chance for to join your party, and it's before you get the cross chain mechanic.

Anyone find this interesting?
If you start a new game, you unlock cross chains after getting the axe in Chapter 2 :)

NoxFleuret

Chocobo Knight
Feb 17, 2018
if anyone curious about how much dialogue was added on patch 1.21 (source: thelifestream.net)

https://pastebin.com/Wp9u6WGe

lol
Funnily enough, I spoke with the original guy from Reddit. That's one of his text dumps. Apparently he was looking through lines that were interesting against the data, and Pocket Edition content.

He also said about enemies:
There's data for more riflemen, snipers in Insomnia, and that we also fight an Angelus in Comrades as a training mission.

There's also more magitek armour listed for Insomnia, but he can't say where things spawn because there's nothing for Insomnia content-wise.

He said about the Kings of Yore, that they each have this within their description:

One of the guardians of the Old Wall, consumed by the Starscourge and forced to submit to Ardyn's will.

He also said that there's more on the three Kings of Yore, but one is pretty spoilery and while he showed me I don't know if I should post it, if it ends up being accurate as he said something about leaving some surprises for people at least.

Additionally, he said he stuffed up the formatting for the trophies. He didn't enter a line in properly on his original post, and said sorry, the Cerberus trophy should actually be "Tri-Headed Triumph", and the Omega one is "Through the Dimensional Rift" and not from how everyone copied and pasted his original post.

So he wanted everyone to know, because it's pretty clear about what has been pulled from his original post by now.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
I'm looking forward to exploring around Insomnia doing the story content, the side quests, like the 'Relics of The Empire', quest, fighting the new bosses, and using the Replica Regalia, March 6th is going to be quite the field day for me.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
I'm starting to think the new Regalia will be used in 1 of 3 ways:

1. Driving to Insomnia
2. Driving around Insomnia
3. Driving around WoR Leide

I never found any chapter 14 files for Duscae or Cliegne, only Leide. However, this could be the same Leide as in the base game, as Talcott drives you to hammerhead from Galdin Quay.

Basically, I have no idea what this Regalia is being used for now, but I have a feeling it's not for WoR Lestallum and the rest of Lucis. Maybe in a future update, but it may be limited in scope or a feature specifically for Insomnia atm.

That is my guess but we'll see soon enough

SerjAngelo

Red Wings Commander
Oct 28, 2017
I've noticed an interesting thing from the Comrades update trailer: it seems that we'll no longer be limited to 4 weapons only and I can see at least 7 weapons being switched between on the screen.
I really hope this gets transferred for the main game as well, at least via modding.
Comrades.png

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
I've noticed an interesting thing from the Comrades update trailer: it seems that we'll no longer be limited to 4 weapons only and I can see at least 7 weapons being switched between on the screen.
I really hope this gets transferred for the main game as well, at least via modding.
View attachment 851
that would mean a substantial change in the overall battle system, im more inclined to believe its a special move.

NoxFleuret

Chocobo Knight
Feb 17, 2018
I'm starting to think the new Regalia will be used in 1 of 3 ways:

1. Driving to Insomnia
2. Driving around Insomnia
3. Driving around WoR Leide

I never found any chapter 14 files for Duscae or Cliegne, only Leide. However, this could be the same Leide as in the base game, as Talcott drives you to hammerhead from Galdin Quay.

Basically, I have no idea what this Regalia is being used for now, but I have a feeling it's not for WoR Lestallum and the rest of Lucis. Maybe in a future update, but it may be limited in scope or a feature specifically for Insomnia atm.

That is my guess but we'll see soon enough
Original guy's on Reddit at the moment, he's responding pretty quickly. He said he thinks it's number two.

[Edit] I don't know why, I guess spoiler tags require moderator approval?

Anyway, my other post in here earlier says it's awaiting approval. I spoke with the guy, he said that pastebin link on The Lifestream is his.

He also showed me some spoilers regarding the Kings of Yore too, on top of saying he stuffed up the trophy formatting for the Cerberus and Omega ones in his original post, which has now been copied everywhere. Said the correction to Cerberus should be as: Tri-headed Triumph. Omega's is Through the Dimensional Rift and that everyone ought to know, and additionally apologized for the formatting stuff up.

SerjAngelo

Red Wings Commander
Oct 28, 2017
that would mean a substantial change in the overall battle system, im more inclined to believe its a special move.
It could be a special move, but I doubt the game would randomly show weapons that the players didn't even have on them.
About this being a substential change - wouldn't say so, just would add more freedom to the players, it's not like the game's too nitpicky about being balanced in the first place.