Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Just imagine this: Its april 5-8, we get two trailers. The first is episode ardyn coming this may (remember that they announced Royal edition one month before the release date), and the second trailer is the corresponding free update on may which will bring the syleblossom item that lets you play as luna postgame.

On a related note, is there gonna be a livestream for pax ?
Thee Royal Edition was announced back in January.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
I do hope we get a trailer for Episode: Ardyn soon, I really want to see it.

Edit:

While I was using Chapter Select for Chapter 7, when I was on my way to Myrlwood, Aranea asked Prompto he he and she met before, which was on the paste-bin, looks like it wasn't cut like we thought.

Edit 2:

FFXV looks like it'll have a booth at Pax East.:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comments/87tozr

Last edited:

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
Please square add this as a new royal weapon for noctis, with a new moveset and maybe with more airstepping possibilities ?
I was dismissive of the idea that it could be a new Royal Arm when people brought it up in discussions about the new sword but honestly looking at it, its length is way too much in the middle between short and great swords. Couldn't see it as either of those (too long to be a short sword, too short to be a great sword) so maybe it'll have a unique moveset like a Royal Arm!

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
What are the odds that they re-designed how ultima blade looks? (rather than the cheap colour swap of the engine blade)
Ultima Blade still looks the same when wielded by Noct outside of this cutscene so probably not but maybe in a future update? Idk though, kinda like the Ultima Blade being tied to the Engine Blade. It'd be like if Cloud upgraded the Buster Sword into his, would have way more meaning. Can't see this new sword coming from the Engine Blade in any way, no machinery on it whatsoever.

stolas

Sphere Hunter
Feb 20, 2018

The sword Noctis uses against the Mystic via an Ansel workaround, what the hell is this thing??? I'm hoping it's Excalibur, it has the look.
It's from the Dawn trailer. Regis is holding it and is most likely his original Royal Arm design. Most likely who ever set up the scene for animation used the wrong model/ mixed up the versions of the Sword of the Father. The user Dawn (I think it was in the Datamine thread) was able to find it yesterday.

Attachments

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
It's from the Dawn trailer. Regis is holding it and is most likely his original Royal Arm design. Most likely who ever set up the scene for animation used the wrong model/ mixed up the versions of the Sword of the Father. The user Dawn (I think it was in the Datamine thread) was able to find it yesterday.
Good lookin out! Though it does strike me as kind of odd, I don't think it was an accident. In the official art that released alongside the Dawn trailer Regis has his actual SoTF, so I think this may be something else as opposed to an earlier design for SoTF.

EDIT: Maybe we'll get it as the "Genji Blade" of an Episode Regis? The weapon you get for completing the DLC to send back into the main game.

stolas

Sphere Hunter
Feb 20, 2018
Good lookin out! Though it does strike me as kind of odd, I don't think it was an accident. In the official art that released alongside the Dawn trailer Regis has his actual SoTF, so I think this may be something else as opposed to an earlier design for SoTF.
I would be in the same boat and I am all for more weapon variations considering how few there were but because it's not found in game and it's the only time that a different sword variation is used in a event it's most likely a mistake. A good example of the same issue is the sword that Gladio is holding in the Key Art.

Edit- Another example- this sword is found in the windows trailer and can be datamined yet has no stats.

Attachments

Last edited:

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
.... don't judge me.. but I'd pay $10 for a "weapon pack dlc" :v
Pack that thing with like 10 weapons (a buck a piece) and I'd buy the shit out of that. They don't even have to have special effects like Ragnarok's warp (though they should), just make them new designs over the game's current weapon types with some interesting stat changes.