Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017

Man this really makes me hope that some of the other rulers will be fightable one day. These designs are better than the judges from FFXII

Credit goes to errra
Perhaps we could get more lore about the Kings of Lucis, but I kinda want more lore on Solheim before that, even though I would like more lore of the line of Lucis as well. A dream DLC for me would be a DLC set in Solheim, experiencing Solheim's lore before my eyes, witnessing their technological feats and tributes, and their turning on the backs of the gods, as well as the beginning of the Starscourge, as a set of cutscenes you could see at some point in the story or something, but I think it would just be relegated to text lore, which I wouldn't mind, as I liked reading it.

Edit:

Interesting thing to note, Noctis can be equipped with Ravus' sword at 1:07 in the video.

Last edited:

stolas

Sphere Hunter
Feb 20, 2018

Man this really makes me hope that some of the other rulers will be fightable one day. These designs are better than the judges from FFXII

Credit goes to errra
One would hope that they will add them and make it into something similar to the Data-battles in Kingdom Hearts 2. All they would have to do is add the option to head down on the elevator in Insomnia before you fight Ardyn and have an area where you could access/ fight all 13 Kings individually. I have been thinking about this since I finished the Royal Edition. It would be amazing.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Is it me or is this song not in the game?

Never heard it and I 100%'d everything FFXV related, sounds neat though.
according to Nex the user, the one that uncovered some unused tracks in the files, this track never plays in the game and neither is present in the files.

I prefer to have the comradery aspect as it is instead of the option of taking out some of it's elements to fill other gaps in the plot.
At the end FFXV did something better than anyone, and i prefer a little piece of content that feels unique and great than having a game without flaws but nothing unique to offer.
agree that it was very unique but they neglected too much by focusing entirely on them; i think its just a matter of balance.

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
agree that it was very unique but they neglected too much by focusing entirely on them; i think its just a matter of balance.
The discussion of balance is at times a tricky topic to cover. What one deems as balance may not be what another deems as balance. For the team to put most of their focus on the bonds in this game paid off. FFXV does have its flaws as many of us are aware, but I do have to give kudos to the team for trying to push the boundaries instead of taking the easier route of playing it safe entirely. Individually, we may not like that concept, but imo it's what helps continue to push the gaming genre forward and help prevent it from running into stagnation.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
The discussion of balance is at times a tricky topic to cover. What one deems as balance may not be what another deems as balance. For the team to put most of their focus on the bonds in this game paid off. FFXV does have its flaws as many of us are aware, but I do have to give kudos to the team for trying to push the boundaries instead of taking the easier route of playing it safe entirely. Individually, we may not like that concept, but imo it's what helps continue to push the gaming genre forward and help prevent it from running into stagnation.
It's also important to remember that there's something of an inevitable trade-off between innovation and polish. In attempting to do something unique, one must relinquish the possibility of taking advantage of the trial-and-error of others and accept a certain amount of trial-and-error of one's own. There's a reason why the phrase "flawed masterpiece" is a thing.

FFXV in particular seems to have tried to merge a certain indie sensibility into a AAA epic, which didn't always work quite as intended, but was certainly a whole lot more interesting than playing it by the book!

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
some strange idea pop in my head would it be weird if the next FF game FF 16 was mech base and had a mech base story line ? you know like Gundam.
I can see that. I dislike mecha anime, but the concept adapts really great in videogame format (different robots, pieces, upgrades, constantly different bosses...). Zone of the Enders 2 is amazing and seeing a AAA focused on that could be amazing.

But the mecha culture isn't established outside Japan, i doubt SE wants to limit their market with a niche premise.

Also FFXIII has mecha as their summons and you can ride them. Also is a constant theme of the lore.
So, we already have that, only it's not on the nose.

Last edited:

Nariya36

Sphere Hunter
Feb 18, 2018
Just imagine this: Its april 5-8, we get two trailers. The first is episode ardyn coming this may (remember that they announced Royal edition one month before the release date), and the second trailer is the corresponding free update on may which will bring the syleblossom item that lets you play as luna postgame.

On a related note, is there gonna be a livestream for pax ?