Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
I'm honestly very curious as to how early the changes in Noctis' episode take place. Does the road diverge at around the end when he gets out of the crystal as he says "fuck you" to Bahamut? or perhaps with Umbra playing a greater story role we get Noctis deciding to stick around during the invasion, save Insomnia, confront Ardyn who we know was there, and end the tragic journey before it even begins? That's something I'm curious to know. I'm really interested as to how they plan to set this alternative apart from the canon finale in terms of setting, scope, and execution.
Perhaps after beating Episode: Noctis could we get the sword we saw from the Dawn trailer, and in the ending to the fight against Somnus as a reward for beating it?

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
Following the train of thoughs of my last post:

Once we learned that the astrals caused the starscourge and we appear at Angelgard, Umbra gives us the card of the bros calling you to Hammerhead.

At this moment the game asks you:
-Save the world that your brothers have been fighting for.
Being the original ending. Giving hope to a doomed world.

-Go back to the origin of everything and prevent it.
Erasing the timeline and having a fight against the Astrals in the past using the full power of the ring.
With this fight ending, Noctis dies and we see a flashforward were everyone ends happy because nothing bad has happened (ala Type-0 secret ending).

This will give us the sensation of acomplishment in both points and neither one of them would be better than the other.

Feb 19, 2018
Following the train of thoughs of my last post:

Once we learned that the astrals caused the starscourge and we appear at Angelgard, Umbra gives us the card of the bros calling you to Hammerhead.

At this moment the game asks you:
-Save the world that your brothers have been fighting for.
Being the original ending. Giving hope to a doomed world.

-Go back to the origin of everything and prevent it.
Erasing the timeline and having a fight against the Astrals in the past using the full power of the ring.
With this fight ending, Noctis dies and we see a flashforward were everyone ends happy because nothing bad has happened (ala Type-0 secret ending).

This will give us the sensation of acomplishment in both points and neither one of them would be better than the other.
Wow... I really like your solution for the happy ending, it would ensure the happy ending while still keeping a theme of sacrifice that some people really want to preserve. Basically our badass kingly Noctis ceases to be while at the price of his life his younger self gets to live life in peace. Though I have to correct you on one thing, the Astrals aren't responsible for the Starscourge. As far as we know it hasn't been revealed exactly how the Starscourge even originated and while the gods may be selfish and assholes I wouldn't want to make them straight up evil. A conflict with them born out of diverging interests would be far more interesting than reducing them to straight up villains. Would raise the interesting question of "was it really the right thing to do to kill these ancient beings that watched over our world for eons just to ensure my own personal happiness?" Also considering killing Shiva's original body turned Niflheim into a permanently frozen tundra I wonder what effects killing the other remaining 4 will have?

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Wow... I really like your solution for the happy ending, it would ensure the happy ending while still keeping a theme of sacrifice that some people really want to preserve. Basically our badass kingly Noctis ceases to be while at the price of his life his younger self gets to live life in peace. Though I have to correct you on one thing, the Astrals aren't responsible for the Starscourge. As far as we know it hasn't been revealed exactly how the Starscourge even originated and while the gods may be selfish and assholes I wouldn't want to make them straight up evil. A conflict with them born out of diverging interests would be far more interesting than reducing them to straight up villains. Would raise the interesting question of "was it really the right thing to do to kill these ancient beings that watched over our world for eons just to ensure my own personal happiness?" Also considering killing Shiva's original body turned Niflheim into a permanently frozen tundra I wonder what effects killing the other remaining 4 will have?
Here's my possibilities for three of them if that ever happened.:

Ramuh: Everlasting thunder and rainstorms until everything is is devastated.

Leviathan: Endless tsunamis washing all land away.

Titan: High magniitude earthquakes with no end, bringing down cities and taking the lives of many.

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
I belive the Starscourge came from the meteor. It's not oficial but is the most understandable origin of it.

I think i got this info from FFPeasant, but the idea is the Astral war happened in Lucis.
Ifrit summons a meteor to defeat Titan letting him knocked under it.
Bahamut causes the breach near Lestallum during the fight and finally kills Ifrit at the volcano.

It really fits with the information we already have and makes the starscourge a consecuence of their actions instead of an evil action.

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
Here's my possibilities for three of them if that ever happened.:

Ramuh: Everlasting thunder and rainstorms until everything is is devastated.

Leviathan: Endless tsunamis washing all land away.

Titan: High magniitude earthquakes with no end, bringing down cities and taking the lives of many.
Ifrit activates the volcano and i guess if Bahamuth is killed all magic in the world vanishes.

Last edited:

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
do you guys remember how titan suddenly appears in altissia to protect noctis in the altar, and how leviathan randomly appears in tenebrae?

pretty "sure" that was Luna summoning them, and maybe the invasion in tenebrae is one of the battles she faced while dead

and the reason she can summon them directly while noctis cant is because shes the oracle, lore-wise shes the one capable of speaking to the gods.

Last edited:

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
do you guys remember how titan suddenly appears in altissia to protect noctis in the altar, and how leviathan randomly appears in tenebrae?

pretty "sure" that was Luna summoning them, and maybe the invasion in tenebrae is one of the battles she faced while dead

and the reason she can summon them while noctis cant is because shes the oracle, lore-wise shes the one capable of speaking to the gods.
That's an interesting thought, I did find it a little strange that Leviathan showed up without Noctis calling for her.

Feb 19, 2018

and the reason she can summon them directly while noctis cant is because shes the oracle, lore-wise shes the one capable of speaking to the gods.
Titan being called is definitely all Luna but during the Leviathan summon Noct's eyes did turn red/purple as they normally do during a summon. So I'm not entirely sure that was Luna's doing, same way Bahamut can show up in the Ifrit fight by either actually calling him or by just beating Ifrit to a pulp at which point Bahamut just automatically descends. Either way Noctis' eyes change during that sequence. I'm thinking Noctis has far less control over the summons than people give him credit for and they can just show up by their own will as it's important to remember that in the lore its explained they fought alongside the kings but it's never said they fought for them and that's really supported by the fact that summons pop up out of their own will in this game rather than being equipable tools or something like previous FFs. I'm thinking Leviathan just saw Noctis struggling and since he'd already completed her trial she thought she'd help out.

Same way Titan went from stomping on Noctis during his trial to standing up to a fellow Astral for him. It's actually confirmed through radio chatter in Episode Ignis that Titan was the one that brought Leviathan down, shame that we never see it though as it was the one opportunity to show us what an Astral fight looks like first hand instead of just telling us "Hey you see that canyon? That's what happens when Astrals fight" Like ok but why not just show us a fight like that firsthand? Anyways got a little sidetracked there but I'm thinking Luna's DLC will definitely surprise us with new locations and things for Luna to do like how Gladio's episode gave us the Tempering grounds and a bunch of lore on the King's Shield as well as informing us that there's an actual trial that shields have to take that grants them more power.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Titan being called is definitely all Luna but during the Leviathan summon Noct's eyes did turn red/purple as they normally do during a summon. So I'm not entirely sure that was Luna's doing, same way Bahamut can show up in the Ifrit fight by either actually calling him or by just beating Ifrit to a pulp at which point Bahamut just automatically descends. Either way Noctis' eyes change during that sequence. I'm thinking Noctis has far less control over the summons than people give him credit for and they can just show up by their own will as it's important to remember that in the lore its explained they fought alongside the kings but it's never said they fought for them and that's really supported by the fact that summons pop up out of their own will in this game rather than being equipable tools or something like previous FFs. I'm thinking Leviathan just saw Noctis struggling and since he'd already completed her trial she thought she'd help out.

Same way Titan went from stomping on Noctis during his trial to standing up to a fellow Astral for him. It's actually confirmed through radio chatter in Episode Ignis that Titan was the one that brought Leviathan down, shame that we never see it though as it was the one opportunity to show us what an Astral fight looks like first hand instead of just telling us "Hey you see that canyon? That's what happens when Astrals fight" Like ok but why not just show us a fight like that firsthand? Anyways got a little sidetracked there but I'm thinking Luna's DLC will definitely surprise us with new locations and things for Luna to do like how Gladio's episode gave us the Tempering grounds and a bunch of lore on the King's Shield as well as informing us that there's an actual trial that shields have to take that grants them more power.
i didn't watch the scene with luna calling all the astrals, does noctis eyes glows there as well?

i just find it strange since thats the only time a summoning happens without a button prompt (except with titan, but it was clear he was unconscious there), also more than a situation where noctis was in total danger it was more like to save all the civilians in the train, but levi is not one to give a shit to humans lol

anyway i just trying to find blank spaces where luna could be helping from behind the scenes, and that segment is a good candidate so far

edit:

http://repmet.tumblr.com/page/6

i think they forgot to remove the skulls in the weapons/shields lol

Last edited:

Vallen

Forest Owl
Mar 4, 2018
I was bored so I tried to create an updated image reminiscent of that shot from the 2013 trailer using the final game's cast and art. It's not done, I'm not happy that the skin hue for a few character models is different and I can't seem to find a large enough art of Aranea that could be used without messing around with the proportions... will post a completed clean version when I get it right! Here is a sneak peak lol:

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
I was bored so I tried to create an updated image reminiscent of that shot from the 2013 trailer using the final game's cast and art. It's not done, I'm not happy that the skin hue for a few character models is different and I can't seem to find a large enough art of Aranea that could be used without messing around with the proportions... will post a completed clean version when I get it right! Here is a sneak peak lol:
That's a nice recreation, nice job on that.

Feb 19, 2018
i didn't watch the scene with luna calling all the astrals, does noctis eyes glows there as well?

i just find it strange since thats the only time a summoning happens without a button prompt (except with titan, but it was clear he was unconscious there), also more than a situation where noctis was in total danger it was more like to save all the civilians in the train, but levi is not one to give a shit to humans lol

anyway i just trying to find blank spaces where luna could be helping from behind the scenes, and that segment is a good candidate so far

edit:

http://repmet.tumblr.com/page/6

i think they forgot to remove the skulls in the weapons/shields lol
I went back and watched the scene and we don't actually get a good look at Noctis during Luna's summon so I guess without that confirmation we don't really have any solid evidence. I personally still take it as Leviathan just honoring the covenant rather than her actually caring or being forced to show up by a third party (Luna) but it could be entirely possible that she did indeed get sent there instead of coming of her own accord. Won't really know until we see what Luna's journey actually pertains to since we don't know if Luna's summons also change Noctis' eye color.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
Jesus christ the FF12 fans on Resetera are batshit triggered at anyone praising XV.

Hey nice, I actually made a version of this when I did the E3 2013 recreation vid a few months ago.

Vallen

Forest Owl
Mar 4, 2018
Can I get some opinions on this scene? Drautos summons his magitek suit and reveals himself as Glauca when Libertus runs him over with the car.

Scenario 1: Drautos was always wearing the armor but the technology made it invisible/transparent - hence we only ever saw his real human body inside (when in fact the armor was always on, just in transparent mode, hence why he didn't die from the car impact).

or

Scenario 2: He can summon his suit instantly, similar to how Aranea in the game summons her magitek lance at will. He survived because he's badass.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016

Now if only Nyx and Glauca could have had some presence in the game and Kingsglaive would have been 1000x better for it