Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Loganight

Clan Centurio Member
Feb 24, 2018
So in the debug menu there's options to get all items/weapons/etc and under polearms in the main game there's a placeholder name that gives Noctis an airstep sword to use as a spear by holding it by the blade lol this carries over into Comrades where, even more curiously, there's a placeholder name under maces that gives your glaive one of the pillars from Episode Gladio XD

EDIT: Also in the main game there's an accessory called Ring of the Lucii that gives Noct something like 3000 attack and defense, has the same item description as the weapon version

Oct 4, 2013
I think the whole second season of DLC is a mistake. They had two jobs

Job 1: fix the complaints about the game: they addressed the on-rails driving, they addressed the plot holes, they addressed the whole party being playable, and finally they addressed the rather small Insomnia map size.

Job 2: they conducted the survey and were supposed to respond to it.

A such, all that was left to fix was to open up the 2nd half of the game (to address the sudden linearity complaint), and to deliver the most voted DLC based on the fan feedback (EP Ardyn). So I think these two pieces of DLC were all they needed to create for 2018. But this new second season pass will just create more work for them and open up a whole new can of worms.
While I think the current ending is sufficient, it seems second season is made in mind with first season of DLCs and Royal pack. As much as I want them to keep filling the gaps, it will be an endless task.

Lord_Ham_Mork

Clan Centurio Member
Feb 23, 2018
So i'm hearing the frame pacing issues apparently got fixed on the PS4 Pro's High Mode setting. Anyone test it yet?
It has been improved, but it depends on the area. You will notice framepacing issues in Altissia, Lestallum and Comrades. The rest of the experience is smoother.

But this are just my impressions. The last time i said the the ring was balanced but it didn't happened :/

Feb 19, 2018
That pic of Shiva is pure aesthetic right there. Kinda wish the game had used its cutscenes for more than just talking sequences 90% of the time. Would've been great to see more stuff like Shiva vs Ifrit, Noct's KoTR, or the recent 5 Astral summon, but I guess the QTEs were meant to replace cutscenes in the more action packed moments. Oh well, I can't really complain but cinematics do manage to add just that extra bit of flair to big story moments.

Feb 2, 2017
That pic of Shiva is pure aesthetic right there. Kinda wish the game had used its cutscenes for more than just talking sequences 90% of the time. Would've been great to see more stuff like Shiva vs Ifrit, Noct's KoTR, or the recent 5 Astral summon, but I guess the QTEs were meant to replace cutscenes in the more action packed moments. Oh well, I can't really complain but cinematics do manage to add just that extra bit of flair to big story moments.
Disc limitations. When you combine the concept of Open World with high quality cinematic experiences, often one or the other is going to have to give.

Feb 19, 2018
Disc limitations. When you combine the concept of Open World with high quality cinematic experiences, often one or the other is going to have to give.
Well I'm not talking about pre-rendered CG cutscenes, I'm referring to in engine cinematics. All of the ones I listed are in engine and look fantastic which is what I would've liked to see a bit more of. The QTEs are fine too but even those were pretty sparingly used.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Last edited: