Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
Even w/o sidequests the vanilla game still lasts twice the length of that wthout speedrunning.

https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=3537

XV isn't one of the longer titles in the franchise but it ain't that short.
I honestly felt that XIII-2 and LR are the two shortest campaign games that I have played in the mainline series. I can forgive the later though, since it was set up to go through the campaign multiple times with how stats are obtained.

Vankwisha

Chocobo Knight
Feb 25, 2018
I honestly felt that XIII-2 and LR are the two shortest campaign games that I have played in the mainline series. I can forgive the later though, since it was set up to go through the campaign multiple times with how stats are obtained.
AmI wouldn't consider either to be "mainline"

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Update is out

patch 1.24:

-Implementation or ability to change title background after completing EPISODE IGNIS
-Introduction of new outfit as a reward for completing EPISODE IGNIS
-Addition of two new cookbooks (availiable for purchase in Altissia)
-Adjustment of loading screen tips
-Various bug fixes

3.5gb

edit:

lol

Last edited:

Vallen

Forest Owl
Mar 4, 2018
-Implementation or ability to change title background after completing EPISODE IGNIS
Why couldn't they just do it for everything, not just that one episode, was it really that hard to think of..?

Hmmm, that's a lot for a seemingly small patch, I wonder if they ninja'd some data pertaining to some future event like a collab with FF14 or Tomb Raider

Feb 19, 2018
Wonder what is making that patch so big. It's got me curious now.
Maybe it's a compatibility update prepping the game for something else that'll be revealed at E3. I highly doubt the Comrades updates will have nothing at all to do with the main game in its entirety. At the least I see some quality of life updates being added and at most some cool new gameplay opportunities in the base game while Comrades gets majority of new content. Would be kind of dumb to just completely ditch the core game entirely but then again this is Square so idk.

stolas

Sphere Hunter
Feb 20, 2018
You guys do realize that Episode Ardyn assets are already in the game, right? A Japanese modder posted debugmode footage with tons of new songs that are not presently in the main game.
Episode Ardyn isn't going to be out until Winter of next year, so it's unlikely that the patch would contain anything pertaining to it. Those songs just might have been cut content.

Maybe it's a compatibility update prepping the game for something else that'll be revealed at E3. I highly doubt the Comrades updates will have nothing at all to do with the main game in its entirety. At the least I see some quality of life updates being added and at most some cool new gameplay opportunities in the base game while Comrades gets majority of new content. Would be kind of dumb to just completely ditch the core game entirely but then again this is Square so idk.
I feel like that is a pretty big patch just for a new outfit, a screen toggle, two recipes, and a loading screen change too. It might be compatibility
for the Tomb Raider event that is supposed to happen.

zarion

Balamb Garden Freshman
Feb 28, 2018
Norway
curiouscat.me
It's not completely out there to assume that they'll add assets for the final 4 episodes incrementally, they did that already with eps Prompto and Ignis. Things like soundtracks will take the least time to pump out as well.
Also, the ones that stood out the most were a version of the Astral summoning theme with a more tribal beat and a snippet from Ardyn's theme and an unknown version of Apocalypsis.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
You guys do realize that Episode Ardyn assets are already in the game, right? A Japanese modder posted debugmode footage with tons of new songs that are not presently in the main game.
What are you referring to specifically? The only asset already made for it in the main game would just be Ardyn's character model and any/if any Daemons are used.

zarion

Balamb Garden Freshman
Feb 28, 2018
Norway
curiouscat.me
Songs. Here
around the 2:40 mark and for the Apocalysis variant. And around the 3:30 mark for the summoning song variant. Listen to the end of the latter one at 5:00 and you'll notice a distinct similarity to Ardyn's theme.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
It's been a while since I've posted, but what are the new skippable cutscenes that were added to Chapter 3 to allow them to be skipped thanks to this patch?

Apr 13, 2018
Songs. Here
around the 2:40 mark and for the Apocalysis variant. And around the 3:30 mark for the summoning song variant. Listen to the end of the latter one at 5:00 and you'll notice a distinct similarity to Ardyn's theme.
Lol is it just me or why does the song sounds like FF7's main theme?

dawn

Balamb Garden Freshman
Mar 4, 2018
Songs. Here
summoning song from episode ignis nox divina II, 1.32 mark