Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
Haha, I genuinely don't know. I know Tomb Raider will be there because of an Instagram post Square Enix had, but for FFXV anything goes. It's not me just being vague, I really don't know.

I think it would make sense to me to show something, you know? FFXV did a lot of partnering with NVIDIA before, and they could show some incredible tech off for the new GPUs at higher FPS and resolutions etc. Seems like a good way to promote both FFXV and NVIDIA at once. But, I could be wrong... as I usually am about these things that I think make perfect sense.
Yeah, I do feel like they're teasing something, vaguely. They even just posted this a few minutes ago, so their social media manager is active on the account right now.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/conf...-and-more-will-support-real-time-ray-tracing/

according to the updated official list, FFXV will gain DLSS (Deep Learning Super-Sampling) support, not Ray-Tracing

I totally want square to release a Blood Dragon type of DLC for FFXV now, we're already getting alternate timelines as is so why not toss in an 80s action movie timeline while they're at it? All the wildlife gets replaced with cyborg variants with machine guns, the Daemons are now pirate Daemons, Gladio is now half bear and half man, Prompto is now a magic cowboy with a tendency to go "Argh!" due to a hidden past, Ignis is an android wizard, and Noctis is now part bird. Aranea could live up to her name and be part spider, Cindy could a sentient curvy sportscar working with her sentient rusty tow truck grandfather, Cid. Iris will also be part bear and Talcott and Jared can both be part cactuar.
how you even came up with this stuff lol had a good laugh imagining all this ill admit

Last edited:

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
Odd choice because the game could use better reflections and shadows and ray tracing with the RTX platform would fix that.
Yeah, I didn't think XV devs would have even been interested is adding RTX support to begin with if they didn't want raytracing. Though I guess with the Vulkan stuff they mainly wanted better optimization?

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Someone on Reddit decided to translate the lyrics from Apocalypsis Noctis.

I decided to make a paraphrased version that adds meter and vocabulary worthy of an Astral, because why not?

Through you only, through you alone, all flesh must come, come to worship. I am he who bequeaths the Stone and reigns over the lives of all. Heaven, and earth, they turn away; The great and small, they must turn back. Light's voice binds with authority.

Revelation has as its end universal light refulgent. All-devou'ring darkness threatens. It consumes all, all that draws breath.

As evil spreads, as malice grows, death will strike all, all it comes to. To! To! To! To!

Mighty king, warrior, in his hand bears a sword, unleashing great power, withstanding every foe.

But death retains its primacy; it will certainly come to all! To all! To all! To all!

Now is the time, here is the place, where we are established, where we shall stand once and for all! All! All!

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017

I decided to make a paraphrased version that adds meter and vocabulary worthy of an Astral, because why not?

Through you only, through you alone, all flesh must come, come to worship. I am he who bequeaths the Stone and reigns over the lives of all. Heaven, and earth, they turn away; The great and small, they must turn back. Light's voice binds with authority.

Revelation has as its end universal light refulgent. All-devou'ring darkness threatens. It consumes all, all that draws breath.

As evil spreads, as malice grows, death will strike all, all it comes to. To! To! To! To!

Mighty king, warrior, in his hand bears a sword, unleashing great power, withstanding every foe.

But death retains its primacy; it will certainly come to all! To all! To all! To all!

Now is the time, here is the place, where we are established, where we shall stand once and for all! All! All!
Sounds depressing. It fits the game though.

NoxFleuret

Chocobo Knight
Feb 17, 2018
Is there going to be anything about ff xv dlcs on gamescon? or anything what is not about technical stuff? :/
Have to wait and see. FFXV wasn't included in the press title rundown, haven't seen it mentioned for anything else.

Word on the street had been that there was to be something related shown, there's not really been anything to go with it. Certainly would be a good time to provide some information about that Tomb Raider crossover, if that is still going.

It was discussed earlier on Reddit that apparently the Tomb Raider crossover hadn't been mentioned in the press releases, so it's hard to follow information at the moment with it only being from months back.

I can see why people are concerned lately. Prefer to wait and see for myself though.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland

in the original translation the words "Heaven, earth, aversion. Great, small, return", as pointed out by another user, are similar to Leviathan's speech:

"Heaven and Earth, High and Deep, Birth and Return..."

the Light almost can be seen as a god, the judeo-christian god is also plenty of times compared to light; if we assume there are other leftovers from the FNC mythos, we could even say this Light is Bhunivelze; unfortunately its not mentioned outside of this song so there's not much to take from it.