Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
The only thing Suzuki said about the difference was that initially Noctis was more introverted but as the game development went on he became more talkative and sociable, otherwise any other aspects of Noctis that we saw before in his personality and from what Nomura described about him are still intact, in that he rejects the rigid rules of the royal family and acts as he pleases, which is a large element of his character development when he starts having to accept his responsibilities.

Also it's been known since before XV was even out that Regis's 2015+ design wasn't by Nomura but instead used Regis's mocap actors John Campling's face, and the new present day outfit was by one of the Kingsglaive art directors. Regis's suit was also designed by Roen ever since 2011, not Nomura, and that Roen suit was now used in a flashback in the game as the younger Regis design (aswell as an alt outfit for Noctis with Royal Raiment), alongside his old original slicked haircut and beard style, just on John Campling's face.

We also already knew before XV released that Luna was designed by Yusuke Naora modified from Nomura's 2013 Stella design, of which Naora was also in charge of the CG face renders from 2013 for all the characters including Stella, as well as him designing timeskip Noctis and the timeskip bros. Yusuke Naora also designed kid Noctis and kid Luna, who has an identical design to kid Stella.

I've seen that exact post posted multiple times over on /v/ and it's just Versus fanboy copypasta.

Last edited:

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
The documentary about mankind's history from Africa that Luminous Productions made was already finished a while ago and already aired, it actually got a ton of views on youtube.
This clip got 33 million views.

And this one 20 million views.

https://www.gizmodo.jp/amp/2018/08/luminous-productions-nhk.html
Huh, I remember seeing clips, but I don't remember them being so high resolution.

In any case, what I'm really curious about is what sort of budget they were making the documentary with -- did they have an unusually high budget, or did their videogame experience help them figure out a way to make something that looks fantastic on a more normal documentary budget?

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland

i think this is the full model of caligo's armor, we never actually see the helmet in-game.

yeah i remember the talks about that interview, Noctis was more introvert and harsh to others outside his circle or something like thawhile current Noctis is more regular and easy-going.

NoxFleuret

Chocobo Knight
Feb 17, 2018
I knew it was Loqi's because if you look at the sleeve detail hanging from the pauldrons, it's on the left-hand side for Caligo, whilst it's on the right-hand side for Loqi.

They both have helmets onto their models too, they don't use the same torso but rather have entire body (head, torso, weaponry/accessories) to their models.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland

Shut your hole you Tabata's girlfriend. We already had enough laughs with your Tabata love in the past days. You have been the laughstock of the whole FF community for quite a while now.
really, your post is just an entire salty personal attack and you want to talk about him being the laughstock?

I knew it was Loqi's because if you look at the sleeve detail hanging from the pauldrons, it's on the left-hand side for Caligo, whilst it's on the right-hand side for Loqi.

They both have helmets onto their models too, they don't use the same torso but rather have entire body (head, torso, weaponry/accessories) to their models.
talking about it, the full armor set was featured in this new New Empire ad

this is also the closer you'll get of the astral war lol

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Shut your hole you Tabata's girlfriend.
Literally joining in only to make your second post about trite this. Really?

We already had enough laughs with your Tabata love in the past days.
Who's "we"? Just stop lol.

You have been the laughstock of the whole FF community for quite a while now.
If anything you've proven to have a long way to go if this is how you plan to introduce yourself with needless toxicity. Reported.

Last edited:

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014

Shut your hole you Tabata's girlfriend. We already had enough laughs with your Tabata love in the past days. You have been the laughstock of the whole FF community for quite a while now.
Joined today? Obviously a Nomura fanboy butthurt at me calling out Nomura fanboys on their bullshit? and has "CEO of MGN" as your username? I wonder who this could be? lmao don't you have enough alt accounts here?

Vallen

Forest Owl
Mar 4, 2018
I don't know why I have high hopes for Gamescom, disappointment for XV fans probably awaits, but I look forward to it nonetheless lol.

Honestly at this point my most hoped addition is a free patch, kinda how the highly requested bros became playable at the end of 2017, maybe at the end of 2018 they'll roll out the highly requested update of playing the game with all the DLC in chronological order. I recently played Beyond Two Souls for the first time, and I liked how at the start it asked if you wanna play the game as originally released or for all the sequences to be chronological. They could do the same with XV and put a little message saying the chronological order playthrough may contain spoilers for first time players in case someone didn't play the game at all. The choice upon starting a new game would be much appreciated by everyone who already experienced all the DLC and simply wanna replay the complete package as one un-interrupted experience.

Feb 19, 2018
I don't know why I have high hopes for Gamescom, disappointment for XV fans probably awaits, but I look forward to it nonetheless lol.

Honestly at this point my most hoped addition is a free patch, kinda how the highly requested bros became playable at the end of 2017, maybe at the end of 2018 they'll roll out the highly requested update of playing the game with all the DLC in chronological order. I recently played Beyond Two Souls for the first time, and I liked how at the start it asked if you wanna play the game as originally released or for all the sequences to be chronological. They could do the same with XV and put a little message saying the chronological order playthrough may contain spoilers for first time players in case someone didn't play the game at all. The choice upon starting a new game would be much appreciated by everyone who already experienced all the DLC and simply wanna replay the complete package as one un-interrupted experience.
Honestly at this point I'm not expecting anything until December, or at least not anything concerning the wave 2 episodes. It's also entirely possible that they may be trying to hold off on releasing the Comrades updates until late September cuz that way their planned content can be spaced out more evenly? That's just a wild guess on my part but having the first update in September and then the second in October or November followed by a reveal of Episode Ardyn in December before it rolls out early next year seems like a far better paced support campaign versus short bursts of a lot of content in early summer followed by months of silence until the coming winter.

Could also be that the team overestimated how fast it could push these updates out with its reduced numbers and rather then rushing to release them before the deadline they're opting to follow the "in development till it's ready" rule they talked about before in regards to the Episodes. I'm sure they heard complaints of the stuttering animation in the march update too and wouldn't want to repeat that sort of shoddy work.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016

It might actually be better to do a semi-chronological version rather than a full chronological version in order to avoid spoilers altogether.

Here's how I imagine it:

- The game plays as usual until Gladio returns in Chapter 8
- Game guides player to a campsite, whereupon it offers the player the chance to play Episode Gladio
- The game continues as usual until Noct and his friends are separated in Chapter 13
- The Chapter 13:2 prompt is modified to include three options: Original (Noct only), Short (Gladio only), and Complete (which includes both, and could be executed in a couple of different ways - ideally, Noct's section would be interrupted when he fell off the bridge for Verse 2 and return to where he'd fallen immediately after Verse 2 is complete*, but if that's too difficult, cutting from Noct's story to Gladio's after Noct got stuck in the electrical trap could work).
- Game guides player to a save room, whereupon it offers the player the chance to play Episode Prompto**
- The rest of Chapter 13 continues as usual
- Chapter 14 plays out in its Royal Edition form
- Episode Ignis is unlocked after the game is completed***

* Interrupting Chapter 13 at the fall off the bridge does change the way Ravus' death is revealed from the way it was originally portrayed, but that actually seems like an advantage. Instead of stumbling across Ravus' corpse and a bunch of papers unexpectedly, you see him die and the papers get scattered around him, which would make landing there and being able to read what Ardyn dropped more meaningful.
** Similar to the above, this would change the way Prompto's origins are revealed from the way it was originally portrayed, but it actually benefits the narrative. While Noct's "So what?" reaction to Prompto being a biological experiment doesn't make for a particularly good reveal, it'd make a fantastic counterpoint to Prompto's self-doubt as shown in Episode Prompto.
*** Episode Ignis could theoretically be played at any time after Noct and Co enter Insomnia, but there's nowhere to put it that wouldn't horribly mess up the pacing. The only other option, if possible, would be to create an edited version that could be played in Chapter 9.

stolas

Sphere Hunter
Feb 20, 2018
It might actually be better to do a semi-chronological version rather than a full chronological version in order to avoid spoilers altogether.

Here's how I imagine it:

- The game plays as usual until Gladio returns in Chapter 8
- Game guides player to a campsite, whereupon it offers the player the chance to play Episode Gladio
- The game continues as usual until Noct and his friends are separated in Chapter 13
- The Chapter 13:2 prompt is modified to include three options: Original (Noct only), Short (Gladio only), and Complete (which includes both, and could be executed in a couple of different ways - ideally, Noct's section would be interrupted when he fell off the bridge for Verse 2 and return to where he'd fallen immediately after Verse 2 is complete*, but if that's too difficult, cutting from Noct's story to Gladio's after Noct got stuck in the electrical trap could work).
- Game guides player to a save room, whereupon it offers the player the chance to play Episode Prompto**
- The rest of Chapter 13 continues as usual
- Chapter 14 plays out in its Royal Edition form
- Episode Ignis is unlocked after the game is completed***

* Interrupting Chapter 13 at the fall off the bridge does change the way Ravus' death is revealed from the way it was originally portrayed, but that actually seems like an advantage. Instead of stumbling across Ravus' corpse and a bunch of papers unexpectedly, you see him die and the papers get scattered around him, which would make landing there and being able to read what Ardyn dropped more meaningful.
** Similar to the above, this would change the way Prompto's origins are revealed from the way it was originally portrayed, but it actually benefits the narrative. While Noct's "So what?" reaction to Prompto being a biological experiment doesn't make for a particularly good reveal, it'd make a fantastic counterpoint to Prompto's self-doubt as shown in Episode Prompto.
*** Episode Ignis could theoretically be played at any time after Noct and Co enter Insomnia, but there's nowhere to put it that wouldn't horribly mess up the pacing. The only other option, if possible, would be to create an edited version that could be played in Chapter 9.
I'm for this. 1) It gives the main game the meat it's missing, the playtime for the main campaign (not including those fetch quests) I think is on the shorter side when compared to the newer FFs. 2) Placing Episode Prompto in that part addresses the complaint of the lack of open space/world in the later part of the game. 3) For Episode Ignis, it would be interesting if they placed it in Altissia in Chapter 15 as an unlockable event by completing certain requirements. This would generally fix some of my gripes with the game.

Edit: this would also be a chance for the enemies that are exclusive to the DLCs to be added in to the archive/ bestiary, which as a completionist would be really nice.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland

couldnt agree more

especially after the last dlcs there will be simply too much of them, a guide is necessary.

edit:

new mounts (feels like a FFXIV update, but just mods)

Last edited:

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
I'm for this. 1) It gives the main game the meat it's missing, the playtime for the main campaign (not including those fetch quests) I think is on the shorter side when compared to the newer FFs. 2) Placing Episode Prompto in that part addresses the complaint of the lack of open space/world in the later part of the game. 3) For Episode Ignis, it would be interesting if they placed it in Altissia in Chapter 15 as an unlockable event by completing certain requirements. This would generally fix some of my gripes with the game.

Edit: this would also be a chance for the enemies that are exclusive to the DLCs to be added in to the archive/ bestiary, which as a completionist would be really nice.
1) Exactly. With the character Episodes and the Royal expansion, the main quest would probably end up at around 30hrs of lean meat, which is an ideal length (See: FFVI and Chrono Trigger).

2) Yeah, that's true, too. And it's still clearly optional for people who don't want to bog down the story's pacing.

3) The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced there's no good reason not to make an edited cut for Episode Ignis so it can be placed in Chapter 9. Noct falling unconscious and having his dream of Luna is the perfect place for a character switch, and has the triple benefits of a) giving Ignis' blindness a better reveal, b) putting Ravus' story into a more chronological order, and c) making Chapter 9 into more of the setpiece spectacular that people expected from it. Even the vision could work as foreshadowing if the voiceover was removed.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
Again probably nothing but the FFXV twitter account just retweeted a Nvidia advertisement ending with "COLOGNE. 20.AUG.2018", which is Gamescom.
https://twitter.com/FFXVEN

BD2 in the past have done a bunch of stuff with Nvidia for a few years now, including the 2nd Agni's Philosophy tech demo on dx12 with "WITCH CHAPTER 0 [cry]" back in 2015, aswell as a bunch of the PC tech demo stuff for FFXV in 2017 and implemented in the game in 2018.

I feel if XV stuff or BD2/ Luminous Productions were going to be at Gamescom they would be teasing it more if not just straight up saying they'll be there. XV isn't listed as part of SE's Gamescom lineup, so if BD2/ Luminous Productions do make an appearance I think it'll be through whatever Nvidia is doing at Gamescom, probably not XV stuff but could possibly be new tech demo stuff shown running on the new Nvidia GPU's.