Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
Damn, it only took me a bland collab to be excited again for this game.
I hope the dataminers can bring us some info soon. I'm more curious about the posible updates than spoilers for the SSS.

My hopes are on you, guys! I wish you have fun!

Valeny7

PSICOM Soldier
Jul 17, 2018
Sardinia, Italy
I was in hype for tgs but now after this update I'm in hype for the anniversary damn.

However, about the building in Cartanica, it was there before just after the 1.20 update, so unfortunately nothing new about this map :/ probably dataminers will find something new with the Windows Edition.

It's part of this scenario. Don't expect to see this setting in the main story. It's a weird cibernetic reallity ala Tron, it has no space in the Eos.
Mmh yep, but the red sky was already in game before (2015 trailer show it) all this new content it's a sort of "recycled stuff".
It seems that they're still doing experiments with all the cut contents.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2018
Main game needed more fantasy environments like this:

Hopefully the next DLCS will have neat looking areas to explore
Yeah, this piece of DLC has some of the most atmospheric locations I've seen come out of this game. I'm reeeeeeaaallly hoping that they put this sort of stuff in the upcoming paid DLCs. Especially in Luna's cuz, like I said before, she really lends herself to this sort of stuff with all her flower and garden imagery.

Feb 19, 2018
So...
-They added the content ingame even if it's not needed.
-The content has a lot of cutscenes that in the main game would been dialogue during walks.
-Sarah addresses Noctis shyness and tells him he has to open up.
-The directors teased an special event for the anniversary of the game.

I'm pretty sure that in november we will get the Episodes adapted in the main game as a patch and that they're going to deliver a more cinematic experience in the next content.
Probably in November we will be able to preorder the Second Season Pass.
Yeah the integration really caught me off guard and like someone else said Square has been no stranger to testing out features in small ways before fully committing to them with FFXV. Considering the large demand for integration and the positive response to the Royal Pack this could mean something, or at least one can hope it means something.

Feb 19, 2018
what do you think about kingdom hearts collaboration ?
It would be cool but there's no reason for Square to do it and BD2 probably doesn't want any new commitments on their plate since they're trying to finish the road map they've already got laid out. Top brass likely would find no reason to force it upon them either because FFXV is about to be 2 years old and will be well on its way to being 3 years old by the time KH3 comes out so not the most ideal place to promote your newest game since FFXV no longer has the same amount of presence. Then there's also the fact that Disney holds the rights to KH and they're really strict about where and how their content appears especially if it's in mature properties since their whole deal is being the premier family brand around the world. Doubt Sora's gonna be allowed to appear in a world where colorful words such as "shit," "ass," and "bitch" are used regularly in addition to there being actual death in the game. Cindy's clearly visible thong also doesn't exactly scream "Disney." So on all fronts there's little reason for KH3 to show up in FFXV. BD2 likely doesn't want it, Square has no reason to want it, and Disney sure as hell doesn't want it.

Anyways, if Nomura can get over his hangup about being booted from FFXV/VersusXIII then maybe we could see more Disney-fied versions of the Chocobros show up in KH3 but as of right now the dude seems to want nothing to do with FFXV and anything related to it judging by the fact that he rarely ever draws Noctis and when he does it's cuz Square told him to for promotional purposes meanwhile he still regularly draws all his other characters. So I'm definitely sensing some salt from Nomura in regards to FFXV especially considering the rumors that came out a while back that Nomura's team didn't see eye to eye with Tabata's team once they took over the project. Hell he even changed Riku's appearance to be more like Noctis so I wouldn't be surprised if that's his way of replacing and moving on from Noct and everything related to him.

TL;DR
It's a cool concept but also an extremely unlikely one.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
I wish Luna had half the personality that Sarah shows in this piece of content.

just shows that a character doesn't really need much screen-time to be interesting and likeable.
Luna is a noble and dutiful woman who talks about her hopes and dreams and acts on her own initiative. She is always cordial and polite to those around her, she puts her duties and the well-being of her people above her own needs. She focuses on the future and works to prevent the world from plunging into complete darkness, and possesses a lot of compassion.

That's a decent amount of personality, Sarah is just a bit more "energetic" compared to Luna's more calm and pasive portrayal, which on a superficial level makes her personality easier to standout at first glance (in the same fashion how a shouting guy will standout in a silent crowd) but not necesarily give her more personality than Luna.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Luna is a noble and dutiful woman who talks about her hopes and dreams and acts on her own initiative. She is always cordial and polite to those around her, she puts her duties and the well-being of her people above her own needs. She focuses on the future and works to prevent the world from plunging into complete darkness, and possesses a lot of compassion.

That's a decent amount of personality, Sarah is just a bit more "energetic" compared to Luna's more calm and pasive portrayal, which on a superficial level makes her personality easier to standout at first glance (in the same fashion how a shouting guy will standout in a silent crowd) but not necessarily give her more personality than Luna.
In the end she just bored me because her hopes and dreams are the most generic: save the world and to be with Noctis and the way she expresses them is too literal, theres no nuance between that. Luna's not only polite or cordial, she is too polite and cordial... everytime, no nuance.

her entire scenes are about her talking about duty with a defeated semblance, to be with Noctis, to protect Noctis, to support Noctis... unnapealing.

we dont really learn manneirisms, or quirks, or interests outside of that (here's hoping her dlc delves into that), her dialogue feels basic.

that may be her personality, but how it was portrayed in-game its just uninteresting to me; maybe the best way to put this is: both have personality, but imo Sara felt more charismatic and likeable than her.

Last edited:

SerjAngelo

Red Wings Commander
Oct 28, 2017
Let's be honest, Luna is just a plot device in the game with zero real human traits. It only gets worse when they do try to force her feelings out with crying for "not being able to hear Noctis's voice just once more". Like wtf, woman, you only met once as kids for a couple of days. No matter how much they were destined to go hand-in-hand as an oracle and a king, humans don't work like that, period, especially considering that the only connection they had is writing letters (2 sentence each at best).

All the plot elements involving her and Noctis's feelings towards each other overall felt unbelievely forced and plain. Even her depiction in Kingsglaive was better, imo. I agree that Sara was a much more likeable character and had far more believable chemistry with Noct (even though it still was anime af).

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Let's be honest, Luna is just a plot device in the game with zero real human traits. It only gets worse when they do try to force her feelings out with crying for "not being able to hear Noctis's voice just once more". Like wtf, woman, you only met once as kids for a couple of days. No matter how much they were destined to go hand-in-hand as an oracle and a king, humans don't work like that, period, especially considering that the only connection they had is writing letters (2 sentence each at best).

All the plot elements involving her and Noctis's feelings towards each other overall felt unbelievely forced and plain. Even her depiction in Kingsglaive was better, imo. I agree that Sara was a much more likeable character and had far more believable chemistry with Noct (even though it still was anime af).
i wouldn't say zero human traits, she feels like a very religious and devoted person... but too much of it (and when its too much, it feels forced, overdone), she just needed some nuance; we needed to see Luna beyond her oracle mantle, another side of her. I mean they nailed Aranea, Sara and even Iris characterization, can't be that hard.

if we experience the same Luna in her dlc, it will be boredom, because its not only about giving her more screen-time.

Luna in Kingsglaive was more adventurous and kinda dumb in an amusing and unexpected way (she jumped from a building to catch an airship in mid-air lol), I liked her better as well.

Last edited:

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
It's worth pointing out that the "2 sentence each" letters in the game are clearly meant to be taken as an abstraction rather than as the full content of the letters (in much the same way as the continent of Lucis isn't really meant to be understood as literally six miles across).

The "Episode 6" segments from Brotherhood show what the messages Noct sent Luna actually looked like, and they're pretty sweet. They're like scrapbook pages about the most important things that happened to him. It's not hard to imagine that being enough to make a real connection between the two.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
It's worth pointing out that the "2 sentence each" letters in the game are clearly meant to be taken as an abstraction rather than as the full content of the letters (in much the same way as the continent of Lucis isn't really meant to be understood as literally six miles across).

The "Episode 6" segments from Brotherhood show what the messages Noct sent Luna actually looked like, and they're pretty sweet. They're like scrapbook pages about the most important things that happened to him. It's not hard to imagine that being enough to make a real connection between the two.
its not hard to imagine, but if we had the opportunity to read how their conversations are like we could relate to it better.

would be cool if their love-diary was included in the datalog, so each time you interacted with Umbra you received an update.

edit:

lol

Last edited:

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
its not hard to imagine, but if we had the opportunity to read how their conversations are like we could relate to it better.

would be cool if their love-diary was included in the datalog, so each time you interacted with Umbra you received an update.
This, I don't understand why LumiPro hasn't done. Considering how much effort put into the bestiary and datalogs already, adding 3-4 Luna entries and 9-16 Noct options (which could be variants on the same thing less effort put into the low effort responses) wouldn't be that difficult in comparison. Maybe they're saving for the update they intend pair with Episode Luna?

Feb 19, 2018
I think Luna needed a moment, just one moment, to peel back her dutiful attitude and just act like the kid she was never able to be since that attack on Tennebrae which took her mother. We've seen the letters they send to each other quite frequently, we've seen what's written in them, we've seen Luna fight for Noctis at the trial of Leviathan, and hell I don't even think screen time is her real problem, all of the proper elements of their love story are there except for one which is key in selling it to the audience. We never get to see Luna truly open up, the closest we get is that scene with Ravus but even that seems to be coming from a dutiful angle.

I want a genuine scene between her and Noctis where she just brings down her walls for just a second and lets us as the audience connect so we can see the part of her that Noctis clicks with. If we can see the Luna that Noct sees for even a moment then I think her character will finally make sense and it will also put the rest of her scenes into a new light because then it's not that she can't be quirky and fun it's just that she's never had the chance to be that way other than for one fleeting moment with Noctis for the first time in like 10 or so years.

It's probably a pipe dream but I really want that night out before the trial of Leviathan to be a thing for this reason, have Prompto distract the guards outside Luna's place while Noct sneaks into Luna's room via warp strike, have him warp her out and take her through the city in disguise, and just have them open up for real. To preserve the aspect of them never getting to fully experience love they could have Prompto call Noctis and inform him that the guards are going to check up on Luna in a few minutes just before the two can share a kiss or something and he has to hastily warp her back. Perfect way to weave this into Episode Luna could be to have it as small flashback sequences interspersed throughout the episode as she fights in present day to save Noctis so that we get a sense of why she's fighting so hard to change his destiny.

Oh well, guess we'll see how Square handles this going forward because honestly playing as her and seeing more of her will have meant nothing if we still can't connect to her side of the romance and don't see what Noct sees in her.