Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

motoleo

Chocobo Knight
Jan 7, 2019
Ardyn is trying to pass off his “craft” his evil gift as if it was something given to him by the Gods to do. I think that’s where this is headed.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Really curious about this ATR tmrw. I'll stick through it, but I'm still expecting to be disappointed I guess in a way. Just have to assume no major final update is actually coming for the game (as it would have released with Ardyn for people already and there technically is an update, just not substantial)

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
At the very least I'm interested to hear any hints they may give towards the contents of the novel. Release info for other regions would be nice as well (pricing, dates, etc).

EDIT: For whatever reason the DLC is taking way longer than I expected to download, got class in the morning so gonna play it when I get home zzzz

Last edited:

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
After seeing both of the endings, I have this to say about it.

I think the option where Ardyn chooses to submit fits more in line with the canon storyline. Here's why.

When you choose to submit, he screams out at Aera and Somnus if they knew this was his fate all along, and did they keep it from him all this time. He accepts so long as the royal bloodline ends, and he gets his revenge.

It also flows well with Ardyn "killing" Aera and Somnus in the fields after that since his anger towards both of them makes sense when he realized they kept the secret from him,. It also explains awhy Ardyn was without remorse when he stabbed Luna (you'd think he would take it easy on her since she resembled Aera, but apparently not). By this stage, he was pissed at Aera too for "hiding" his true fate from him.

So he was pissed at everyone in this ending. No exceptions.

In the oppose fate option, it doesn't explain why he was angry at Aera, or why killed Aera in the fields after that. There seemed to be a disconnect regarding that, and for why he was so merciless with Luna.

ash

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 18, 2018
not information found in this specific DLC though.
Oh thank you for clarifying.

Does anyone know when is it out for NA? I need to play so bad. I can't wait for all the datamining with the new Ep and updates. I realize this is a goodbye update but I'm still hoping for new material to unearth in those, even if they won't even come out.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Oh thank you for clarifying.

Does anyone know when is it out for NA? I need to play so bad. I can't wait for all the datamining with the new Ep and updates. I realize this is a goodbye update but I'm still hoping for new material to unearth in those, even if they won't even come out.
The 26th in your time.

It's already the 26th here in NZ and AU, hence why we already have access to it here.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
After seeing both of the endings, I have this to say about it.

I think the option where Ardyn chooses to submit fits more in line with the canon storyline. Here's why.

When you choose to submit, he screams out at Aera and Somnus if they knew this was his fate all along, and did they keep it from him all this time. He accepts so long as the royal bloodline ends, and he gets his revenge.

It also flows well with Ardyn "killing" Aera and Somnus in the fields after that since his anger towards both of them makes sense when he realized they kept the secret from him,. It also explains awhy Ardyn was without remorse when he stabbed Luna (you'd think he would take it easy on her since she resembled Aera, but apparently not). By this stage, he was pissed at Aera too for "hiding" his true fate from him.

So he was pissed at everyone in this ending. No exceptions.

In the oppose fate option, it doesn't explain why he was angry at Aera, or why killed Aera in the fields after that. There seemed to be a disconnect regarding that, and for why he was so merciless with Luna.
I'd argue that Ardyn has even more reason to hate Aera if he rejected his fate. He might have screamed out asking Aera and Somnus whether they knew what his fate was all along in the "submit" ending, but he is literally tortured by Aera in the "reject fate" ending. There's nothing quite as effective at twisting love backwards as one's beloved stabbing one three times in the stomach while restrained and telling one that there's no point in resisting fate.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
I'd argue that Ardyn has even more reason to hate Aera if he rejected his fate. He might have screamed out asking Aera and Somnus whether they knew what his fate was all along in the "submit" ending, but he is literally tortured by Aera in the "reject fate" ending. There's nothing quite as effective at twisting love backwards as one's beloved stabbing one three times in the stomach while restrained and telling one that there's no point in resisting fate.
It was more the lack of anger, and his asking Aera to end him, that didn't do it for me. He went from pleading almost lovingly to his beloved to end him, then maliciously downing her, that made me see it as a huge disconnect. She also seemed like an illusion than the actual thing, so that was another thing that made me veer more towards the submit ending.

motoleo

Chocobo Knight
Jan 7, 2019
I think Ardyn establishes his own righteousness. Doing what he thinks is right while ignoring the will of the Gods. And judgment was cast on him for that.

In the DLC, Bahamut is going to unleash his wrath and his judgment!

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2018
It was more the lack of anger, and his asking Aera to end him, that didn't do it for me. He went from pleading almost lovingly to his beloved to end him, then maliciously downing her, that made me see it as a huge disconnect. She also seemed like an illusion than the actual thing, so that was another thing that made me veer more towards the submit ending.
Yeah I agree, I don't think that was actually Aera either. I get obeying the will of the gods but her personality did a complete 180 in that scene and this harsh unfeeling version of Aera came completely out of left field. She spoke more like an Astral wearing a person's skin rather than an actual human. Especially one as loving and giving as the Oracle, not to mention the fact that this particular Oracle was the love of Ardyn's life who loved him back just as much. Seemed more like Bahamut creating an illusion to hurt Ardyn on both a spiritual and physical level as a way of showing him the consequences of rejecting his decided fate rather than Aera actually showing up to do all that.

motoleo

Chocobo Knight
Jan 7, 2019
The Emperor’s not in this right? I wanted to know more about him. He went from being this charismatic guy to being possessed by legions of daemons, and we just finish him off in a broom closet. But if you remember he wasn’t like that in the beginning. It was due to his consultation with dark powers. He opened the door, the daemons moved right on in. But I wanted to see that happen first hand.

Feb 19, 2018
The Emperor’s not in this right? I wanted to know more about him. He went from being this charismatic guy to being possessed by legions of daemons, and we just finish him off in a broom closet. But if you remember he wasn’t like that in the beginning. It was due to his consultation with dark powers. He opened the door, the daemons moved right on in. But I wanted to see that happen first hand.
Honestly at this point the Emperor can pretty much be written off as a classic case of being a red herring so I'm not crying over the loss of more screen time with him. Ardyn and Verstael seem to be the driving force behind most things and the Emperor is just the guy they use as their mouthpiece. I mean even all the info in the main game points towards this, the Emperor was said to be a nice guy before Ardyn came along and his obsession with the crystal was also something that Ardyn influenced. He's got disposable character written all over him.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
I guess I just understood Ardyn's request to Aera very differently in context.

Bahamut had just explained that if Ardyn attempted to avoid his fate, he'd just be stuck with an unwanted life of immortal suffering. Begging Aera to kill him wasn't something he said out of love, but out of desperation -- if she killed him, he'd be free of his fate. Of course, having her show up and impale Ardyn repeatedly was probably intended to prove that he really didn't have any escape other than the one Bahamut had already offered. He can suffer horribly, but death is denied to him until his role is completed.

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
Huh... Everything went as I predicted. I took it for granted, so this time I don't feel like i can give to myself a Nostradamus medal. Just a pat in the back.
I shall go to sleep, tomorrow i will fight the King of Light.

motoleo

Chocobo Knight
Jan 7, 2019
There’s something about Ardyn that I KNEW, and I tried to tell people YEARS AGO and they didn’t believe me! First I was a lunatic now i’m a prophet

I told you so! I told y’all that