Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
Here's another one from gamespot http://www.gamespot.com/articles/final-fantasy-xv-s-map-is-one-giant-connected-land/1100-6424803/
notable quotes:
"Summons will be protectors of the planet, guarding parts of the world from annihilation."
"To be completely honest, that’s still to be determined," Tabata said. "But the development team does understand that this is something everyone is looking forward to. It is a huge technical challenge; as mentioned earlier, all areas are connected. We are trying to tackle that challenge." (regarding airships)
"In the dungeons, there is this kind of strangeness where something that shouldn’t necessarily be there in real life is existing. That kind of strangeness, the non-normal, that feeling you get in those circumstances, will be experienced in XV."
"When asked how he came to lead the project, he said he is still not sure himself."

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
In the Active Time Report it was teased that in somehow, Noctis will be able to jump as high as a bird. It's unsure how this will be done or the context of it. While discussing the airship, it was mentioned that the development team had a video of a bird eye view, and it was actually Noctis jumping up that high.

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
Reddit AMA is over now and Final Fantasy Type-0 HD and Final Fantasy XV director Hajime Tabata has answered fans’ questions about both games – mostly about Final Fantasy Type-0 since this AMA was dedicated for that title. However, at the end of the he revealed that Final Fantasy XV is targeting 1080p and 30FPS for the full version of the game. Tabata also told that jump features such as “Phantom Sword” will be included in the demo. The full Reddit AMA interview can be found from here.
What’s the target frame rate/resolution for FFXV?

Hajime Tabata:Our target for the full version is full-HD (30 fps), but it’s difficult to realize that with the graphics and features we have in the game.

http://squareportal.net/2015/01/23/final-fantasy-xv-targeting-to-1080p-and-30fps/

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
Wouldn't be surprised if the game ends up being something like 900p either. But whatever, if the world ends up being as impressive as it sounds, I don't care if we don't get 1080p.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York

To confirm my original post!
I saw people talking about it on Twitter and wondered what it said, and I found that it says 螺旋突き.
螺旋 meaning "spiral" and 突き meaning "thrust". The various text around these images describe the idea of closing the distance with this attack and seems to be this weapon's special attack.
See the rest of the screenshots here.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Aliasing is gone. Maybe they retouched the images? Or maybe they improved the image quality? Sure looks like those E3 2013 screenshots.
The resolution was increased in the screenshots as well as adding anti-aliasing like they said they still planned on doing, as they are preparing for the demo.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
What do the orange bars mean?
I believe that the orange part of the HP bar has something to do with recovering health. Details of this I can't really say, but based on how it reacts in battle, it's still safe to assume that it's tied to your HP in some form.

Notice Prompto's (プロンプト) HP in this small segment. This GIF was taken from the recent Jump Festa trailer and is all part of one scene. As you can see, the orange bar and the white bar are one in the same, as the orange section pulses white, indicating that it is connected with the HP bar. HOWEVER, it's not part of the current HP, as you can see Prompto goes from 686 HP and recovers to 714 at the end of the GIF, and you can see his white bar slowly crawl up.

What could this mean? Well, it's possible that it's health that can be recoverable during battle. We have only just been introduced to these orange bars since the Jump Festa trailer, so there's nothing to base this off of. However, given that they flash white, it must have something to do with the HP.

Another thing to notice is the orange diamond roughly beneath the HP value that looks similar to the points on each end of the HP bar as well. It's better exposed when a party member's health drops below this point; a critical state of health.

There's also a point where Prompto's entire bar goes red as well as the HP value itself, but I'm not sure what this means... The clip doesn't show anything that would indicate what causes this, so it's hard to say.

We'll have to wait until Tabata tells us what it is!

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
FFXV Luminous Studios Developer Interviews Part 1
Last month Famitsu started a weekly editorial interviewing developers of Square Enix’s Luminous Studious, the engine used to develop Final Fantasy XV. So far there are five parts confirmed, and I will be translating each one in time. This is part one, discussing the very basics of FFXV’s graphic specs.
Some tidbits:
Luminous Studio is in version 1.4 at the moment. The FFXV demo included with Final Fantasy Type-0 HD will be ver. 1.5 and the plan is for the final production of FFXV to be ver. 2.0, upgrading as needed.
[...] luminous Studio is in version 1.4 at the moment. The FFXV demo included with Final Fantasy Type-0 HD will be ver. 1.5 and the plan is for the final production of FFXV to be ver. 2.0, upgrading as needed.
A main character’s appearance utilizes 10 levels of detail, and within that there are about 100,000 polygons in the extremely detailed 3D models. In PS3 and Xbox 360 titles, most had about 20,000 polygons, so here as well it’s 5 times that.
...and the most promising one:
I think the next time you see footage of FFXV you’ll be even more moved by the technology that goes into it.