Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Jul 16, 2015
I would like to know what is going on with that dragoon looking knight holding who appears to be Luna. That has definitely caught my attention. Also that female that is on top of Leviathan could symbolize Leviathan being transformed from a female and if so I am guessing Gentiana.

RetroPS4

Chocobo Knight
Aug 10, 2015
Here is the source for those images. I would throw a guess these are either from Altissia or Tenebrae
I would say definitely Altissia:
1min 24sec that's an un-shaded Altissia, right after the Insomina section

Here is a screen from Versus days that took place in Altissia

The archetecture matches and I think that might be one of these buildings, from a different angle of course!

Also that second pic of the new set, looks like the top of the one of Altissia's waterfalls in the upper left corner.

Last edited:

dissasterrific

fal'Cie Goddess
Administrator
Site Staff
Mar 6, 2016
cosmos
I would like to know what is going on with that dragoon looking knight holding who appears to be Luna. That has definitely caught my attention. Also that female that is on top of Leviathan could symbolize Leviathan being transformed from a female and if so I am guessing Gentiana.
The person holding Luna struck me as someone who looks similar to Cecil's dark knight form. I've always assumed that the class most suitable for Gentiana is being a dark knight, so she was the one who immediately came into mind when assuming who it is.

Interesting suggestion that the person on the top of Leviathan might be her human form. I would personally like it to come true. She looks blonde though?

Noctis_Caelum

Chocobo Knight
Jul 15, 2014
Those new screens look really awesome and that lighting O_O
Probably located in Altissia, because of the waterfalls in the distance, I assume??

As for the artwork, I also had my speculations about it.

Jul 16, 2015
The person holding Luna struck me as someone who looks similar to Cecil's dark knight form. I've always assumed that the class most suitable for Gentiana is being a dark knight, so she was the one who immediately came into mind when assuming who it is.

Interesting suggestion that the person on the top of Leviathan might be her human form. I would personally like it to come true. She looks blonde though?
Now that I look at it again I think that dragoon is actually Aranea Highwind. You can see her blonde hair flowing behind her head. I didn't notice it before. Also that one character next to her looks like Glauca. I forgot about him. Tomorrow needs to hurry the hell up. I need to know stuff lol.

Leopold_Bloom

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 22, 2015
Those new screens look really awesome and that lighting O_O
Probably located in Altissia, because of the waterfalls in the distance, I assume??

As for the artwork, I also had my speculations about it.
I think I see a skull-face to the left and below the figure you marked as dinosaur (it's facing to the right). I feel as if it, the 'dinosaur' and that other phantom/mummy thing to the left are the three figures from the Dawn Trailer.

Jul 16, 2015
Is that a person standing next to the Regalia on the left?. It looks like someone is waving to Noctis and co as they drive away on their adventure. Could it be Ramuh?. He is wearing a robe of sorts. and seems to have long white hair. hmmm.

Jul 16, 2015

Rin

Reformed
Apr 11, 2015
Not news, sorry, but Nova Crystallis are hosting another giveaway for those who watch Uncovered live and would like a chance to win a copy of FFXV. This is separate from the release date entry contest. Good luck to all of the entrants!

http://www.novacrystallis.com/2016/...xv-record-your-best-uncovered-event-reaction/

As expected, the videos have since been removed from the list.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
Leaked teasers for demo and mural:

Demo teaser, shows the moogle/carbunkle/fox thing in full:

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTUxNzI4MzEzMg==.html

Interesting teaser with the mural from yesterday, now in 3D:

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTUxNzMxODc2NA==.html
Great find!

If you don't want to get the demo spoiled before the event, don't read the following:

It seems like Noctis enters a dream-like world with Carbunkle/Moogle. I'm leaning towards Carbuncle, but considering Tabata decided using Moogles in a small way, I could see him having them in this cute little demo, especially since it looks like a dream (they could be fairies or just a product of Noctis' imagination).

I'm very intrigued by the last scene, with the giant book and all that: it's very KH-esque (Wonderland). And hopefully it has some combat, I really want to try it as I didn't play ED and I'm very intrigued as to how the game feels like. I so wish they said that the demo is avaible right now lol.

Also, new track? For some reason it sounds really familiar, as in I would have sweared this is from a previous FF (like IX, for example), but anyway it seems like it's new and sounds lovely, as expected.

Regarding the second video, we get a MUCH better look (in 3D!) of the mural. Looks really cool. I don't know about you, but it, especially because of the human characters in there, intrigues me a whole lot.

BTW, a TV ad will be released in Japan after the event. I'm one of those who bet on a Fall (or September at the earliest) date, but I think a TV ad now would be pretty weird if the game doesn't release in 6 months...

Last edited: