Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Rin

Reformed
Apr 11, 2015
FINAL FANTASY XV
Finally. Finally. We were able to show the full picture to all of you.

It's a bit late, but I'm happy that the presentation went well.

However, recording has not yet finished.
The adventures of Noctis and his friends still go on every week.

Half a year left.
FINAL FANTASY XV will be delivered through various media. I hope you'll enjoy them as you wait.

I'm on the way home from work now. The night cherry blossoms make me feel as though they're blessing the presentation.

Oh, right.
It's April Fool's Day, but this isn't a lie so everything's OK.
From Tatsuhisa Suzuki's latest diary. Suzuki voices Noctis in the Japanese version of FINAL FANTASY XV.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
and the still-rumoured NX version).
I wish there was a follow up on this but SuperMetalDave/Trevelyan said that info does not come from his source at Nintendo.

Strangely enough, he took down that FFXV and FFVII:R video along with the Zelda NX and 3DS 2016 line up videos he did.

Real or not, that video did something at least.

Squirrel please.
:kefkalol:

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
Im reading the Neogaf thread for the demo and alot of people are calling the combat trashy because of the automated nature of it when you hold down the attack button. It kinda bothers me too. What I would like them to do is make two options for combat. One with the current automated system and another with a system more akin to kingdom hearts where you can create combos just by mashing the botton. While you can just mash the botton in the game it feels kind of pointless since holding the botton makes the combo happen better. I get some complaints people have with the combat not being responsive and I think this mainly has to do with the "holding the botton to attack system" I remember them saying that there will be two battle modes for XV and they will try to accommodate both action and turn based fans. So I hope for the action fans they have an option for a more responsive kingdom hearts type battle system. And then the second option be the current one. I think that way the game would get a lot less hate for the combat system. I hope that is what they are going to do. If not from peoples first reaction to the demo from what Ive been reading on GAF alot of people are not going to not give this game a shot.

Prince Naphtali

ShinRa SOLDIER
Dec 23, 2013
Can-someone-get-or-make-nonGifs-of-both-the-Environmental-Video-and-the-Trailers-please,it-would-be-greatly-appreciated.I-'m-pretty-sure-the-city-in-the-mountainous-"Hanging-Garden"-looking-region-is-the-capital-of-Tenebrae.

Rin

Reformed
Apr 11, 2015
Long post incoming:

UNCOVERED: FINAL FANTASY XV Festival

Source URL: http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv254372856 (Only Timeshifted broadcasts can be watched at this point)
Names in all capitals are surnames.

MC: Susumu IMADACHI (from Elecomi)
Support MC: Yasuaki NASU (Development Manager, FFXV)
Guests: Tatsuhisa SUZUKI (Noctis)
Tetsuya KAKIHARA (Prompto)
Mamoru MIYANO (Ignis)
Kenta MIYAKE (Gladiolus)
Tomohiro HASEGAWA (Art Director, FFXV)
Ken’ichi SHIDA (Game Design Section Manager, FFXV)

While Square Enix streamed an official YouTube broadcast for Uncovered replete with simultaneous interpretation in Japanese, over at Niconico MC Imadachi hosted an Uncovered: Final Fantasy XV festival that featured the voice actors for the game’s main cast. While the show ran, they––along with members of the development team who joined the show midway––provided commentary on the trailers and made other remarks. The following is a summary of the most newsworthy points (and some funny comments) from this broadcast:
  • Nasu and Imadachi FaceTimed with Yusuke Naora and Hajime Tabata at the start of the broadcast. Tabata met ROEN founder and XV main cast clothing designer Hiromu Takahara for the first time at the Uncovered event (not newsworthy, but their unplanned introduction during the broadcast was funny).
  • The four actors are still doing voice recordings for the game every week. They’re adding bit by bit the lines that the characters say on the field (about random things, sometimes related to the plot). Suzuki revealed that Kakihara doesn’t always follow the script when doing voice recording, but Suzuki says it’s not particularly bad; it’s just a Prompto thing to do (lol).
  • The main voice actors auditioned for their roles at least 6 years ago.
  • The trailer shown at the start of the Uncovered event was edited and put together by the North American Square Enix team.
  • Suzuki explained a little bit about Amano’s artwork, “Big Bang.” The wave seen at the beginning of the trailer is based on a Shinjuku neon panorama, and the artwork is based on Shinjuku (Lucis) as the setting. He also made a comment about the first place that “the four of us start our journey in,” which is Tochō (the Government Buildings area in Tokyo that acts as the model for the palace in Insomnia). I’m not sure if this is confirmation that the game begins in Insomnia, but we do know that Noctis and his friends head out to Altissia from Insomnia.
  • Random: Suzuki said he and the others should be sitting on the sofas that were provided to Greg and Tim (lol).
  • Hasegawa and Shida joined the show at around the halfway point; both have been involved with this project since the Versus era.
  • World of Wonder trailer: according to Hasegawa, all footage is in real-time (from the game display), and this trailer is meant to show different worlds that players will travel through during the course of playing the game. Players will be able walk around in these places and engage in battle.
  • Random: Pretty much all of the XV dev staff in Tokyo watched the broadcast from their office. Here Shida holds up the iPad that’s set to Facetime. They were Facetiming with the staff in Tokyo.
upload_2016-4-2_13-53-11.png
  • The scenes in Brotherhood are exactly the same as those in the game. The anime is meant to help newcomers to the series understand what’s going on in the game, such as dialogue and battles.
  • Apparently the R8 that’s used in the Kingsglaive movie (and a real collaboration between SE and Audi) costs 4 million yen, or USD$358,000.
  • Random: Commenting on Lena Headey’s sitting position (when she came to the stage to talk about Kingsglaive), the JP voice actors joked that even though she’s Luna’s voice actress, Luna would never sit cross-legged and that Headey's sitting position looks like Noctis’s. In fact, Headey may be more similar to Cindy (lol).
  • Random: the actors joked that Aaron Paul spilled a lot of beans for someone who only started recording lines for Kingsglaive a few days earlier, while they worked hard to keep everything a secret for 6 years (lol!).
  • Random: when Greg asked about Kingsglaive having the most “stacked” voice acting with Aaron Paul, Lena Headey, and Sean Bean, Suzuki commented, “That should be us, yo,” and the others agreed (lol!). The interpreter had translated the phrase into “most wonderful voice cast” in Japanese, so the actors were responding to that.
  • Nasu explains that the point of the Platinum demo is to allow players to become accustomed to the new battle system before playing the full game.
  • Hasegawa says that SE got rid of the idea of a tech demo (at least, the way they’d explained it back in TGS 2014) and decided to go with a standalone game. That game is what we see now as Platinum.
  • Nasu says that the Japanese Uncovered trailer is the first story-related PV; this longer version was created by the Japanese Square Enix team.
  • Towards the end of the broadcast, we get a sneak peek at what the Collector’s Edition and Deluxe Edition packages look like.
upload_2016-4-2_13-53-48.png

Art book:
upload_2016-4-2_13-54-1.png

Attachments

Rin

Reformed
Apr 11, 2015
Kingsglaive: FINAL FANTASY XV character descriptions from the official Japanese website:

Nyx Ulric: A member of the king's royal force, "Kingsglaive," and protagonist of this film. Still quite young. Because he was rescued by Regis during wartime, he feels indebted to the king. His combat skills are first-class, and he has an affinity with the royal family's magical powers.

Lunafreya Nox Fleuret (in Japanese she's known as Lunafrena): An oracle who communicates with the gods and bears the task of purifying the world with her powers. She cherishes the time she spent with Noctis during their childhood. She was supposed to head toward Altissia for her marriage ceremony to Noctis; instead, she made her way toward Insomnia, where the treaty signing is to take place.

Regis Lucis Caelum: Current king of Lucis and Noctis's father. A wise, kind man of character, he is beloved by many of the citizens. He plans to end the long-standing cold war with Niflheim by signing an armistice with the Empire after Noctis and his friends have departed on their journey.

Last edited:

Rin

Reformed
Apr 11, 2015
Double post incoming:

Just a few things from a recent Dengeki PlayStation interview with Hajime Tabata and Takeshi Nozue:
• At this time, the dev team are not planning an update for the Platinum demo. However, Tabata says that at the time, they weren't planning to update Episode Duscae, either.
• More about the Platinum demo: Tabata answered this question during the Q&A session with media. The question was about the demo's framerate and the full game's optimization. In response, Tabata said that the team will continue to improve the full game. The Platinum demo introduces dynamic resolution as a sort of experiment, and the upper limit is full HD. The point of the demo is not about the precise framerate but for users to experience a part of XV's world. The team worked on resolution first. The Platinum demo has the same specifications across PS4 and Xbox One. The full game will be optimized for each console; Tabata says they haven't decided if both console versions will be exactly the same when optimization is finished.
• SE have already received lots of feedback on the Brotherhood anime; if anything concrete needs to be changed, they'll have to discuss them with A-1 Pictures and the director.
• The boat that we see in the trailer is a regular form of transportation and is not the Regalia in a modified state (in contrast to the airship).
• The Kingsglaive film is being endorsed (or supported) by 5-6 different corporations.
• Nozue reveals that Japanese voice recording for Kingsglaive had begun right before he and the others departed for LA. The Japanese voice cast also seems to be pretty be stacked; many of the voice cast are well-known in Japan. He asks us to wait a bit for more information.
• Tabata says that SE are doing R&D with VR, but at this time how they will use VR has not been decided. That is to say, XV will most likely not ever be VR-compatible.
• This has been said before, but after XV's launch, Tabata says the team are thinking of both free and paid DLC so that users can enjoy XV for an even longer period of time.

Source: http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/250/1250166/

Last edited:

Rin

Reformed
Apr 11, 2015
Thanks for your hard work Rin! I'm waiting for your next post.

Btw, there are new interviews on Game Watch and Famitsu. Did anyone translate??
I hope you'll find the information useful somehow, BoN!

Siliconera did a translation of the Famitsu interview; this is actually a digest version. The full interview will be published in the upcoming Famitsu that is released this Thursday. As for the Game Watch interview, I haven't seen anyone summarize or translate it, so I'll update this post with a translated summary when I'm finished. If I happen to find other translations or summaries I'll post the links here.

Update: Summary of the Game Watch interview:
• Tabata chose the theme song for the game, "Stand by Me." The theme isn't sung as a love song but rather as a sort of prayer or message, an expression of gratitude from Noctis that he "can't say" (Tabata actually says this) to all of the important people in his life: his father, friends, betrothed (Luna): "Thank you for being with me."
• "Stand by Me" is played as a cue to players into Noctis's sentiment.
• On the surface, "Stand by Me" compliments the road trip movie theme of FFXV. However, Tabata says that once we truly understand the lyrics, we'll realize that they have very much to do with Noctis.
• The theme song has less to do with sentimentality and more to do with prayer. Due to spoilers, Tabata can't say much, but he says the image he's going for is that the song could be heard in a church.
• Tabata says that there are currently no plans to relate more of Yoshitaka Amano's graphics to the game, but he'll look into it; he wants Amano's art to be a symbol for FFXV.
• Tabata wants to create more opportunities for users to play FFXV hands-on, starting at E3. There will be opportunities like this in Japan, as well.
• Making a demo takes quite a bit of time and focus; at this time SE have no plans to release another demo outside of Platinum.
• On DLC, there may be additional scenarios. Tabata says this is an "orthodox type" of DLC, and they will look into the possibility.

Some of the questions were similar to Dengeki's, so I left those untranslated.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2015
I hope you'll find the information useful somehow, BoN!

Siliconera did a translation of the Famitsu interview; this is actually a digest version. The full interview will be published in the upcoming Famitsu that is released this Thursday. As for the Game Watch interview, I haven't seen anyone summarize or translate it, so I'll update this post with a translated summary when I'm finished. If I happen to find other translations or summaries I'll post the links here.

Update: Summary of the Game Watch interview:
• Tabata chose the theme song for the game, "Stand by Me." The theme isn't sung as a love song but rather as a sort of prayer or message, an expression of gratitude from Noctis that he "can't say" (Tabata actually says this) to all of the important people in his life: his father, friends, betrothed (Luna): "Thank you for being with me."
• "Stand by Me" is played as a cue to players into Noctis's sentiment.
• On the surface, "Stand by Me" compliments the road trip movie theme of FFXV. However, Tabata says that once we truly understand the lyrics, we'll realize that they have very much to do with Noctis.
• The theme song has less to do with sentimentality and more to do with prayer. Due to spoilers, Tabata can't say much, but he says the image he's going for is that the song could be heard in a church.
• Tabata says that there are currently no plans to relate more of Yoshitaka Amano's graphics to the game, but he'll look into it; he wants Amano's art to be a symbol for FFXV.
• Tabata wants to create more opportunities for users to play FFXV hands-on, starting at E3. There will be opportunities like this in Japan, as well.
• Making a demo takes quite a bit of time and focus; at this time SE have no plans to release another demo outside of Platinum.
• On DLC, there may be additional scenarios. Tabata says this is an "orthodox type" of DLC, and they will look into the possibility.

Some of the questions were similar to Dengeki's, so I left those untranslated.
Thanks for all your info posts Rin. This game sounds like a dream come true for me.