Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Solid Sora

Red Wings Commander
Feb 11, 2015
Egypt
So, there's something I noticed in the E3 footage and not sure if it has been discussed here. It seems that they made the Altissia theme (Gratia Mundi lol) into an overworld theme?

You can hear it in in 12:41 for seconds before they enter the battle. Not sure how I feel about it if true.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
So, there's something I noticed in the E3 footage and not sure if it has been discussed here. It seems that they made the Altissia theme (Gratia Mundi lol) into an overworld theme?

You can hear it in in 12:41 for seconds before they enter the battle. Not sure how I feel about it if true.
I assumed it was being used as a placeholder, like they used Gratia Mundi in the Episode Duscae previews in their 2014 ATBs as an overworld theme. Saves them spoiling too much of the music.

Jun 7, 2014
Poland
If it's an overworld theme then Gratia Mundi is a very fitting name.:chocowalk:

Regarding the cover art... I don't like it at all. The awkward poses, weirdly placed title, the overall compostition, it just doesn't work for me. I hope EU gets a different cover.

Mistwalker

SOLDIER Second Class
Sep 20, 2014
Santiago de Chile
www.youtube.com
I like the boxart, though the logo is something I dislike. It's misplaced and it lacks the Amano's artwork (reminds me of how the NA FFXII cover also lacked it). I've seen mock-ups made by amateurs at NeoGAF that look better than this, and using the same elements :/

Looking forward to the Euro cover.

Mistwalker

SOLDIER Second Class
Sep 20, 2014
Santiago de Chile
www.youtube.com
The North American cover is reversible, so the demands of those who prefer something more colorful and those who prefer the classic logo-only cover are now both satisfied.
It's the first time we get a main game with a more minimalistic approach? I remember the EU games have always had the white background with the current logo at the front, while us get... whatever Square Enix US wants us to get.

Though I remember the NDS version of FFIII was minimalistic as well... Anyways...

Oct 19, 2013
If it's an overworld theme then Gratia Mundi is a very fitting name.:chocowalk:

Regarding the cover art... I don't like it at all. The awkward poses, weirdly placed title, the overall compostition, it just doesn't work for me. I hope EU gets a different cover.
Lol, Gratia Mundi is not the official name and was named by GuardianSoul who makes the great FFXV song recreations on YouTube:

Calling the song GRATIA MUNDI is a running gag in FFXV threads on GAF, haha.

Here's a playlist with all of GuardianSoul's songs: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrHZFmh4qn-wDTHxJ4FY9aGCgvqeVCmYp

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Found new info on Japan Expo from the official XV forum:

https://forum.finalfantasyxv.com/discussion/comment/34400/#Comment_34400

• - The framerate of the Titan demo is really really solid and stable .
  • - It is not the E3 build .
  • - It is dubbed in french and the dub is good/decent ( thx Tabata-san lol ) .
  • - Some people who didn't like the Titan demo on youtube loved it once they had their hands on it .
  • - The Titan demo is like 30% of the actual Titan battle .
  • - You will have to learn how to finish him by yourself ( so it won't be just using blizzaga ) .
  • - The effects on the screen are impressive .
  • - The AA/IQ isn't perfect but it isn't as bad as people sayp .
  • - The lines are cool and believable (in french at least ) , for instance they react really well when the huge hand comes down (e.g : Noctis says something like "s*** , i can't believe it " or something ) .
  • - A new trailer was planned but it is still possible that we get it before the end of the Japan Expo .
  • - A dubbed trailer was also planned (likely uncovered ) .
  • - Easily game of the show ( not that it is hard to do for this kind of game ) .

Jul 16, 2015
Hey guys I clicked on a link that Noctis Pendragon posted on the FFXV forums and the Japan Expo thing was filmed by someone and they showed some of that Kingsglaive footage that was there. They were told not to film but the guy managed to get a couple little peaks at it and I think some of you may be interested.It appears to be the first ten minutes that were said to be shown. Very interesting. I cannot freaking wait to watch this entire movie. https://www.facebook.com/FinalandNetwork

Scroll down to the video and click to about 40:40 or so and check it out but just keep in mind the guy is far away from the screen and it isn't the best quality but I still think it is worth taking a look.

Last edited: