Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
How I personally think that particular ring magic should work:

-Almost kills enemy but the HP damage is temporary. Must finish of with either regular magic or armiger attack or Hp will regen
-Drains a lot of MP(that's already there)
-Weakens Noctis for a while after use making him slower and like in a dazed state
-Sacrifice almost half HP
-You don't get as much experience and AP if you kill enemies with it
-You can insta-kill very low level enemies

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
That is definitely not another magitek soldier. You can see his little red pom pom on his head. Storm saw him as well. I admit he can be hard to see but it definitely isn't anything else.

Edit: Now that I'm looking at it more I can't be sure anymore damn you lol. Still looks like moogle to me but who knows I can't zoom in close enough to really see. It really looks like a pom pom on top of the head. The cactaur isn't up for debate though lol.
Hey, seeing a cactaur in there means they are confirmed (which they weren't confirmed before). Plus, we already know Moogles will be in the game after the Twitter poll. So, no worries either way, right? :happymog::cactuar:

As for the Twitch stream, I had no problems at all watching it. This was at Twitchcon, people's personalities are going to be present no matter what you do. They're not going to just get someone from SE to play, that would go against the whole point of going to Twitchcon. Now they have two more broadcasters with hundreds if not thousands of followers to promote this game after getting to play it on stage. Not only that, the amount of broadcasters in the crowd as well who will be talking about this. It's a fantastic PR move, something that can only be done NOW and not several years ago when Twitch wasn't as big of a thing. SE is moving with the times, and it's a good thing. No one annoyed me on stage at all, it wasn't cringy to me... and this is coming from someone who has seen a lot of cringy stuff before.

As for the stream itself, it was incredible. That forested area looked beautiful, and seeing new enemies was a breath of fresh air. Seeing how they pick you up for example and add new hazards to playing against different enemy types just shows the wide range of encounters you will get into. But, I was really blown away by the area itself. It just reminds me of Final Fantasy seeing a lush forest full of oversized insects and plant creatures trying to kill you.

The Death spell looks amazing and fun to use, I wonder how you pick which spell to use, perhaps with the analog stick or something.

As for the graphics, it looked incredible. At this point, the game looks absolutely beautiful and no one should have any complaints anymore about this game after seeing the improvements they've made.

Seeing this new footage got me hyped again after just sort of being in a lull waiting for the game. And this is on the tail end of playing FFXIV Patch 3.4 getting hyped like I do every patch, the fact that XV can still excite me while still experiencing new content in XIV means they're doing a good job of marketing.

Last edited:

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
How I personally think that particular ring magic should work:

-Almost kills enemy but the HP damage is temporary. Must finish of with either regular magic or armiger attack or Hp will regen
-Drains a lot of MP(that's already there)
-Weakens Noctis for a while after use making him slower and like in a dazed state
-Sacrifice almost half HP
-You don't get as much experience and AP if you kill enemies with it
-You can insta-kill very low level enemies
1. It kills the point of a Death Spell.
2. While using the Death Ring Magic Noctis remains on a stationary position leaving him wide open for an attack, that on itself is already a weakness, specially in action oriented gameplay plus MP draining hinders Noctis combat performance (warp, defending/phasing and abilities usage).
3. I like this idea.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
1. It kills the point of a Death Spell.
2. While using the Death Ring Magic Noctis remains on a stationary position leaving him wide open for an attack, that on itself is already a weakness, specially in action oriented gameplay plus MP draining hinders Noctis combat performance (warp, defending/phasing and abilities usage).
3. I like this idea.
I agree with these points that you mention, and I believe they will probably function like this anyway with the AP limiting. Again, this is a late game spell that scales with your power and how strong the enemies you're against are. You're not going to be able to one shot any enemy with it unless they're weak. Taking on a Behemoth or like the Bandersnatch proved to still take a lot of time to fully wither him away. You can bet that it will also take a lot of MP or something as well to perform, but wasn't shown off for the sake of the demonstration.

The most important thing you mentioned is that it's a Death spell... you kind of need them to die, lol.

Bionicle8563

SOLDIER Second Class
May 25, 2016
Australia M8
I wonder if there'll be a Ring spell that utilizes HP instead of MP. I initially thought that maybe Death could do it. Also it would make lore sense cause Ring magic apparently takes a huge toll on the users body, and I thought that HP would be a good resource to use for some of the spells. I mean it would make sense for the large more OP spells (cause currently I think that Death is quite balanced with the standing still and the MP drain, and the fact that larger enemies take much longer to kill). Maybe like Ultima will take almost all MP or like take 50% or 75% of HP or something.

Jul 16, 2015

when they said there would be improvements they f*cking meant it.
The bottom screenshot looks so dull and lifeless in comparison to the new build. It is like they are from two different console generations. So happy about this. It is so beautiful now with the all the foliage and grass enhancements not to mention the colors are far richer as well. No one was expecting this kind of improvement. I bet a lot of people thought it was the Pro version lol. I'm sure those same peoples heads exploded when they heard it was the XBONE version haha. I can't wait for this game damn it.

Last edited:

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Final Fantasy XV - Death Spell direct-feed

As revealed exclusively during the FINAL FANTASY XV presentation at TwitchCon 2016, witness Death magic – one of the powerful spells granted by the Ring of the Lucii. Death drains the HP of enemies. The longer you use the spell, the more your enemy will physically deteriorate. In this video Death is used to tackle a variety of enemies, including another exclusive reveal – the fearsome Bandersnatch!

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
Final Fantasy XV - Death Spell direct-feed

As revealed exclusively during the FINAL FANTASY XV presentation at TwitchCon 2016, witness Death magic – one of the powerful spells granted by the Ring of the Lucii. Death drains the HP of enemies. The longer you use the spell, the more your enemy will physically deteriorate. In this video Death is used to tackle a variety of enemies, including another exclusive reveal – the fearsome Bandersnatch!
The thing that makes me think about this is... When Noctis uses the ring, everything becomes dark as if night's coming on, which I'm sure can't be a good sign. If that's the magic of the gods, I'm not too keen on using it.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
Was suppose to get the Kingsglaive & Brotherhood Blu-ray disc set today. Freakin' courier messed up. Says it's been delivered on the 1st but still not arrived :(
Phoned amazon who refunded my delivery cost and said they'll investigate where the parcel has gone when the driver picked it up...

AtSwimTwoBirds

Clan Centurio Member
Jun 13, 2016
The thing that makes me think about this is... When Noctis uses the ring, everything becomes dark as if night's coming on, which I'm sure can't be a good sign. If that's the magic of the gods, I'm not too keen on using it.
Kingsglaive SPOILERS:

It's very reminiscent of the effect it had in Kingsglaive whenever Nyx and Ravus put on the ring and the Lucii appeared. You can actually hear a sort of ghostly, whispering incantation when he uses the death spell. It's a nice touch.