Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Slaintimez

Keyblade Master
Sep 9, 2016
I didn't play ED but spend alot of time in PD, so i really used to Type A control and actually find it very convenient for me.
But Type B is more logical i guess?

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
Do you guys think we will be able to explore insomnia. Don't think Niflheim destroyed the whole area only Lucis. I love the modern city look and would love to visit it somewhere in the game. Also they have it modeled don't see why the would if it's not explorable.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
O wait I'm getting things confused insomnia is the city and Lucis is the whole area. Tabata said we wouldn't be able to explore the main city. But there are other city's in Lucis that could be explorable.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
As far as I know, Lucis is the continent (or at least places like Leide), but Lucis, as a country per se, is only the city due to years of war against Niflheim.

So, effectively, Lucis has been reduced to a city state.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
Insomnia/Lucis will be explorable when we get to rebuild it with Noctis and Co theough post game sidequest. As we rebuild structures like markets, inns and residential properties new quests and mob hunts are made available as well as extra story beats explaining other aspects of the story not gone into as much depth in the main story.

/icandream

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
You know, when I hear something like this, I wish Final Fantasy would have music like this again. It always makes me think of great journeys and sorrowful farewells. That's what the best FFs always have/had.
Not saying Shimomura isn't great, but I just can't fully disconnect her from Kingdom Hearts.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
0 chance. Best you will ever be able to hope for is to be able to fly over it without an invisible wall.
I find it crazy though that it looks like they fully rendered the entire city with in game assets and in game weather changes (look at the world of wonder trailer to see a difference in that sky line at a different angle). So much attention to detail nonetheless.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
O wait I'm getting things confused insomnia is the city and Lucis is the whole area. Tabata said we wouldn't be able to explore the main city. But there are other city's in Lucis that could be explorable.
The only city that we know so far thats explorable in Lucis is Lestallum. I wonder if there are other main towns just in this area.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
I find it crazy though that it looks like they fully rendered the entire city with in game assets and in game weather changes (look at the world of wonder trailer to see a difference in that sky line at a different angle). So much attention to detail nonetheless.
It's because there's a difference between rendering rectangles and populating a major metropolitan city, with pathing and things to do, etc. So modelling the whole city you can fly over and not actually interact with, sure, np. Making it explorable on the ground level? No chance.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
It's because there's a difference between rendering rectangles and populating a major metropolitan city, with pathing and things to do, etc. So modelling the whole city you can fly over and not actually interact with, sure, np. Making it explorable on the ground level? No chance.
Oh of course I understand. I think its just fascinating. Really can't wait to see insomnia in game if you can actually fly over it at least.

Ketaya

Balamb Garden Freshman
May 22, 2016
I don't think we will be able to fly over Insomnia, at least not in the same worldspace as the rest of the game. I mean look how big it is, I think it's pretty much impossible to have it on the same map as the rest of the continent without completely fucking up the scale.

Noctis_Caelum

Chocobo Knight
Jul 15, 2014
Do you guys think we will be able to explore insomnia. Don't think Niflheim destroyed the whole area only Lucis. I love the modern city look and would love to visit it somewhere in the game. Also they have it modeled don't see why the would if it's not explorable.
Hope we can at least explore the government building and go on top to the roof to have a fantastic view of the city like this picture or the uncovered one.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
Unfortunately, I doubt we could explore the palace freely (battles inside? Yeah, why not). Maybe during post-game content, while Insomnia is being rebuilt.

Or maybe the "get your throne back" happens earlier than expected and we have to deal with the bigger stuff (the Star Plague), so we might be able to wander around the zones of Insomnia that qualified as a battlefield. However,Tabata said that the end of the E3 trailer was during the very end of the game; he could be lying, though!