Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
Biggs and Wedge: President and vice president of the Aranea fan club?
Noct and Co enter a pub in Lestallum on a humid night only to bump into Aranea enjoying a cold one with B&W, with the rest of her men in drunken merriment overtaking the majority of the pub.
The two top admirers of Highwind notice you from the corner of their eyes while Aranea is none the wiser due to being hammered.
"Halt!
*oh shi-....the Nifleheim army has caught onto Noct and Bros*
B:"Have you heard......of the Aranea Dragoon Fan Club?"
W:"Of course they haven't! Otherwise they would have been a part of it already AND they would have been garland with the fan club badges!"
Noct: What even?....WTF is going on?...."

Yeh, i'll be skipping on those previews and upcoming media thank you very much xD
...I might request a temp-ban of my account on here and the official FFXV forums. I can restrain myself but it'd help lol.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Without gettig so specific, I do like the idea of Biggs and Wedge being Arenea cronies.

I get the distinct impression that even though Arenea uses Niflheim tech and is likely working for them, her interest in Noctis and the game us more personal and independent. Biggs and Wedge would be perfect for her underlings of some kind to help flesh out that side story.

Good call.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
I get the distinct impression that even though Arenea uses Niflheim tech and is likely working for them, her interest in Noctis and the game us more personal and independent.
It's been stated from since her reveal that she's a mercenary. Mercenaries traditionally don't work out of loyalty, but out of payment. They're loyal because they're being paid. So I'd be quite willing to believe that she's got a personal interest in Noctis of some kind. Maybe in awe of and wanting to test his power and determination. Maybe just wanting to test herself against a worthy opponent who still looks good while doing it. Heck, maybe she got attracted to a picture of him and is teasing her in the only way she can while working for Niflheim or may know how - through combat.

Omegataco

PSICOM Soldier
Apr 1, 2016
I noticed in that Armiger gif that there's a menu that appears underneath the weapon wheel when it is active (although it appears to disappear and reappear - it probably disappears during attacks). It looks similar to the techniques menu in Episode Duscae. I think this is probably what's used to activate the Armiger special moves?

Ketaya

Balamb Garden Freshman
May 22, 2016
I noticed in that Armiger gif that there's a menu that appears underneath the weapon wheel when it is active (although it appears to disappear and reappear - it probably disappears during attacks). It looks similar to the techniques menu in Episode Duscae. I think this is probably what's used to activate the Armiger special moves?
Good catch! I always wondered why there was so much empty space between the weapon wheel and the weapon name.
It looks the same as the UI element for activating the armiger, let's hope it is some special move and not just there to tell you how to end the armiger manually.

Oct 19, 2013
Hm....I'm still thinking what voices I will play.
The english sounds overall pretty good, but I'm not sure about the german one, since I like hearing my native language.
Perhaps it will be even better?^^
Why don't make Square Enix a video how the different languages sounds like?
I'm still deciding between English or Japanese with German subs, especially after having watched Brotherhood and seeing all the preview footage. Btw, here is the first direct-feed bit of the German VO from the Kingsglaive post-credits scene:
https://twitter.com/cenizxcraft/status/787633902622019584

Note that in the German script Ignis says to Noctis "Das ganze ist kein Gag, du Quatschkopf!", meaning something along the lines of "This whole thing is no joke, you dickhead/knucklehead/doofus/fool/moron [I don't know the most fitting English word - it's basically a softer word for "idiot"]!" compared to "We don't have time for all that." in the English one. Though, as someone on GAF remarked the English line in the context of the scene is snarky too, but I kinda think it still feels different and makes the localized Ignis seem less like a best buddy who's comfortable enough to call you "moron" and break your balls a bit. He has a much warmer, affable personality in the Japanese script from what we saw from the game and Brotherhood. Same with Gladio, who is even worse in English. They both seem to have lost a lot of their softer nuances in the localization. I'm absolutely understanding of the fact that you can't and shouldn't just translate games directly because language doesn't work like that, but altering characters' personality is too much.

Now, to be fair, I don't know what Ignis says in the Japanese version of that clip (maybe someone could check?), but based on some comparisons of the dialog between the Japanese and German preview videos, it seems the German translation is again based directly on the Japanese and not the US script like a few FFs before were too (e.g. FFX was known for its sometimes big differences at parts between the English voiceover and the German subtitles), so the criticism might be justified.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
^ I actually agree, the only bland looking HUD for me was Pre-beta's/PD ti'll they spruced it up towards the current one we have now.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
Preferred the HuD in ED. I liked that the status bars where glued to the edge of the screen making it more 'out of the way'. I also liked the colour better.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
https://twitter.com/pkollar/status/788625113583329280

Worried guys? Im somehow confident that he will praise the game :p
I don't know how that dude is, but the only thing I can think of that would be TOTALLY SHOCKING is that he's about to say this game is amazing.

And as I write this: http://www.polygon.com/2016/10/19/1...-video-square-enix-ps4-playstation-4-xbox-one

Shocking news everyone! I was right again! I only wish that my magic future-seeing powers would work on something other than this video game.

Bionicle8563

SOLDIER Second Class
May 25, 2016
Australia M8
I'll never understand people who complain about needing to see Brotherhood and Kingsglaive to understand the story. Mainly cause you don't need to. They are complete fluff. They contextualize some things but the games seems to contextualize pretty much everything within the first couple of hours (from the previews we've seen). Brotherhood is just a background on the characters, but again they seem to be pretty well defined by the things seen in game. I mean sure, if you didn't have Brotherhood most current Prompto lovers would not like Prompto at all, but again, that information is fluff. Its not relevant to the story being told, that's just some of the background to a character you can choose not to know. I mean, its like these guys haven't heard of complementary material.

Chocobocoholic

ShinRa SOLDIER
Mar 29, 2016