Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Pretty minor but it looks like they updated the control UI a bit and added back the "L3 - sprint" in the new Spanish footage, which was missing in the previous builds like Eurogamer's.

Spanish footage (top). Eurogamer footage (bottom).:

20161026_103145.jpg

I approve of this. And yeah Storm the camera does look seemingly further improved.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
I'm already seeing people (not here. You know where, lol) getting themselves WAY too hyped about this "make you lose your minds" thing. Completely convinced themselves it's something more than the trailer, like a new demo or multiplayer or an earlier release date.

These people are insane. I swear some people just can't handle their overactive imaginations. We're gonna get a cool trailer. That's it. Don't wanna hear from anyone tomorrow complaining about how that wasn't mind-blowing enough.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
Really like the tone of that pic. It's CG indeed, so my first thought was that they're releasing a CG short film or something. But I can totally see a story trailer, combining both CG and in-game footage, hopefully. Don't care about them showing things they haven't shown so far provided they're not super spoilery.

That pic is super interesting, though: Noctis, all by himself (no chocobros in sight), seemingly relaxed in what could be Niflheim (that skyline doesn't really match Insomnia's (even when destroyed), and I'd wager that all that smoke is a consequence of heavy industralization rather than, say, an invasion) and not giving a shit about all those Nif ships.
Also, there seems to be a sea there (which could perfectly mean that that's actually Imsomnia, mind you, but I'm still betting on Niflheim).

BTW, we don't even know what the actual name of Niflehim's capital is, right? We know that Lucis' is Insomnia and Accordo's is Altissia.

I'm already seeing people (not here. You know where, lol) getting themselves WAY too hyped about this "make you lose your minds" thing. Completely convinced themselves it's something more than the trailer, like a new demo or multiplayer or an earlier release date.

These people are insane. I swear some people just can't handle their overactive imaginations. We're gonna get a cool trailer. That's it. Don't wanna hear from anyone tomorrow complaining about how that wasn't mind-blowing enough.
I don't even know who would want a demo when it's only a month, tbh. Two months ago, when they announced the delay? Ok, I could totally see it. But now? Hell, no.

I don't think it's going to be a CG short film or anything like that, just because the "Omen" hasn't been stylized in a way to make it look a like an actual title, like KG or Brotherhood (very silly reason, I know). I'm betting in that being the name of the trailer, à la "Dawn" and "Reclaim your throne". Hopefully more similar to the latter Kappa.

Slaintimez

Keyblade Master
Sep 9, 2016
These people are insane. I swear some people just can't handle their overactive imaginations.
Yeah, its fucking embarrassing to read some posts, narrow-minded people always get mad if something doesn't meet their expectations which they build-up in their heads.
Perfect expample - Moogle reveal, so much bitching about nothing. "OMG THEY KILLED ICONIC FINAL FANTASY CREATURE HOW ITS ALLOWED" etc.
Smh.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Yeah, its fucking embarrassing to read some posts, narrow-minded people always get mad if something doesn't meet their expectations which they build-up in their heads.
Perfect expample - Moogle reveal, so much bitching about nothing. "OMG THEY KILLED ICONIC FINAL FANTASY CREATURE HOW ITS ALLOWED" etc.
Smh.
Yeah. There's always something. It's the internet, lol. You'd think I'd jsut get used to it by now, but it still makes me cringe every time.

But, this is part of why everyone hated the Dawn trailer, despite actually being a really good teaser and demo of the in-game engine. Don't let the mystery let your mind run away with things. An awesome trailer is awesome enough.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
Insomnia is surrounded by semidesert lands, per Kingsglaive and the opening part of XV. That isn't Insomnia. We haven't seen Niflheim yet, so it could be...
They haven't explicitly told us this is Niflheim, but I would be shocked if it isn't:

Fits the whole "technology over everything" theme they seem to have, with a highly industrialized city to prove it.

Last edited:

Guitar (pseudo)God

Blitzball Champion
Aug 14, 2016
All over
Yeah. There's always something. It's the internet, lol. You'd think I'd jsut get used to it by now, but it still makes me cringe every time.

But, this is part of why everyone hated the Dawn trailer, despite actually being a really good teaser and demo of the in-game engine. Don't let the mystery let your mind run away with things. An awesome trailer is awesome enough.
Interesting you mention the Dawn trailer. We haven't seen these scenes in-game yet - you'd think they'd be in the first few chapters.

As for Omen, if it's (not sure what "it" is) cool, great. If it's not, I've seen enough of the game to keep my hype levels up.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Interesting you mention the Dawn trailer. We haven't seen these scenes in-game yet - you'd think they'd be in the first few chapters.

As for Omen, if it's (not sure what "it" is) cool, great. If it's not, I've seen enough of the game to keep my hype levels up.
I've always guessed that a lot of those scenes (the stuff in the past) will happen in flashbacks when you camp. Just because they used to do story stuff like that when you go to inns in the old games.

The scene with Regis holding Noctis and crying is almost certainly not in the game, but all that side stuff, I'd be surprised if it wasn't. That trailer is underrated, though. The music alone...

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
I've always guessed that a lot of those scenes (the stuff in the past) will happen in flashbacks when you camp. Just because they used to do story stuff like that when you go to inns in the old games.

The scene with Regis holding Noctis and crying is almost certainly not in the game, but all that side stuff, I'd be surprised if it wasn't. That trailer is underrated, though. The music alone...
They showed the Regis crying scene in the Uncovered trailer though, they even kept the Dawn 2.0 scene with Luna in the full game.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
They showed the Regis crying scene in the Uncovered trailer though, they even kept the Dawn 2.0 scene with Luna in the full game.
The Regis crying scene would first require a time machine, as that's the present day (well, slightly pre-KG) Regis model with the young Noctis. And the part where it zooms out on the KotR is obviously not meant to be literal, either. It's symbolic of the past kings looking down on those two and the weight of Noctis' responsibility.

The scenes it cuts to, though, those look like something that might have been pulled straight from the game.