Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
Guys I need your help. I've heard that the trailer is like conceptual CGI that is separate from the game. If this is the case in willing to watching it. However, does it show any major spoilers like character deaths or major boss fights? If so I will probably refrain from watching it.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Guys I need your help. I've heard that the trailer is like conceptual CGI that is separate from the game. If this is the case in willing to watching it. However, does it show any major spoilers like character deaths or major boss fights? If so I will probably refrain from watching it.
it's like a dream sequence, the events might happen (maybe not literally in the same way depicted in the trailer).

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
It is non canonical in the sense that the things that happen in the trailer do not happen in game. I think it's safe to watch it, and honestly, it's by far the best trailer for XV, so just go ahead and watch it and just think about it to yourself, don't look for discussion or deeper meaning. That is the best way to enjoy the trailer for yourself I think.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
“Omen” is a conceptual CG cinematic trailer by DIGIC Pictures, inspired by Final Fantasy XV.

A rapidly shifting world, enemies that appear endlessly, gradual loss of abilities… and a madness that brings harm to the beloved fiancée.

This epic production, which can only be described as a nightmare for the struggling Noctis, is a collaboration between Final Fantasy XV and DIGIC Pictures, the world-renowned 3D animation studio that also took part in the creation of Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV.

This beautiful yet violent vision inspired by the world and story of Final Fantasy XV depicts an “omen” for Noctis’ father, King Regis, of a catastrophic future that must be avoided."

- official description

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
It is non canonical in the sense that the things that happen in the trailer do not happen in game. I think it's safe to watch it, and honestly, it's by far the best trailer for XV, so just go ahead and watch it and just think about it to yourself, don't look for discussion or deeper meaning. That is the best way to enjoy the trailer for yourself I think.
Cool. Thank you, this is want I wanted to hear :D

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
“Omen” is a conceptual CG cinematic trailer by DIGIC Pictures, inspired by Final Fantasy XV.

A rapidly shifting world, enemies that appear endlessly, gradual loss of abilities… and a madness that brings harm to the beloved fiancée.

This epic production, which can only be described as a nightmare for the struggling Noctis, is a collaboration between Final Fantasy XV and DIGIC Pictures, the world-renowned 3D animation studio that also took part in the creation of Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV.

This beautiful yet violent vision inspired by the world and story of Final Fantasy XV depicts an “omen” for Noctis’ father, King Regis, of a catastrophic future that must be avoided."

- official description

Exactly. Everything is an abstract. NOT spoilers. IMO, it's 100% safe to watch.

If it'd be anything in-game, it'd be a nightmare Noctis has at the beginning of the game. An omen of things to come and nothing more. Absolutely every fan should watch it.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
Well I'll tell you, there are not enough gifs on the interwebs to express the shear amount of emotions I was feeling watching that trailer. That was masterclass stuff!

Only watching or that one time. Don't want to end up over analysis it xD

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
I've seen complaints on the camera with the snake boss, but honestly to me it looked zoomed in in some places due to the player being right under the enemy while lock-on a body part.

Then again we're getting a day 1 patch soooo.