Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Aug 13, 2016
Before today, i'll be honest that i was getting a bit fatigued from all the news centred around the opening chapters. It was effecting my hype for the game and i just wanted it to release after waiting for so long. Seeing the game going Gold and the Omen trailer has reignited my passion for this game. The Omen trailer was absolutely incredible and reminded me of how i felt watching the CG trailers from back in the Versus XIII days and the E3 2013 trailer. This game deserves to be a success both critically and commercially. Just one month to go!

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
cindy and iris cg renders (warning: super hot)

edit: more renders

cor is such a badass, i want a cor episode dlc
Am I one of the few who have zero issues with Cindy's design?

Ravus looks handsome and my gosh Cor! Never paid him much attention but that is one fine looking dude... and that katana of his...

Slaintimez

Keyblade Master
Sep 9, 2016
Tabata thinks the master version looks better than everything they have shown before.

"don't you think that the master version looks better than everything we have shown until now?"

Rough translation from Live presentation, and i have to agree, game looks even better than preview videos!

Shotouts to NoctisPendragon from GameFaqs: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/932981-final-fantasy-xv/74477329

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York

Guitar (pseudo)God

Blitzball Champion
Aug 14, 2016
All over

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
I just don't get the people saying how the trailer doesn't seem very 'Final Fantasy' and that it's very western.

Straight away I got FFVIII and Kingdom Hearts vibe(especially with the theme of falling which KH likes to em its openings).

I swear, if this game retained its Versus XIII title and people weren't aware of the change of directors they would have been saying the complete opposite.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
I just don't get the people saying how the trailer doesn't seem very 'Final Fantasy' and that it's very western.

Straight away I got FFVIII and Kingdom Hearts vibe(especially with the theme of falling which KH likes to em its openings).

I swear, if this game retained its Versus XIII title and people weren't aware of the change of directors they would have been saying the complete opposite.
"FFXV is too western" is internet speak for "I've run out of things to bitch about with this game, but I still want to be a miserable curmudgeon about it"

Jun 7, 2014
Poland

It was made by a western studio and it's imho quite tangible in the way it plays. Not to mention the music which is definitely very western. (like why didn't they use Shimomura's?)

And please, stop assuming every negative thing said about FFXV is coming from some salty versus fanboys. It's pretty annoying in it's own way.