Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Argento

Red Wings Commander
Nov 5, 2016
Even if he isn't an actual summon I think he is important to the story. I also theorize that it was him that Regis was talking to in the Omen trailer.
Oh nice theory. I've been thinking about a sentient Crystal instead (which is the more accepted theory) :p but who knows. I would love to fight diablos in FFXV like you did in FFVIII. Epic af.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
tabata teased about a secret summon in a previous interview; obvious knights of the round is obvious imo ;p

anyway, had the most fun with episode duscae since i tried the demo for the first time, had the feeling i got the flow of battles and was in control, using the right abilities at the right times; also got a fright on fociaugh cave (fucking goblins).

after this run, i decided that i will definitely be using the button B scheme in the final game; using square for attacking makes way more sense.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2015
Oh nice theory. I've been thinking about a sentient Crystal instead (which is the more accepted theory) :p but who knows. I would love to fight diablos in FFXV like you did in FFVIII. Epic af.
I have seen people talking about the crystal being sentient but I don't think that is the case. I think people were going off the fact that when Regis was talking in the Omen trailer the Crystal was present there with him. He and the being were talking at a different point though and not in that scene. It was dubbed over. I don't know though we don't have much longer until we get to find out the truth.

Argento

Red Wings Commander
Nov 5, 2016
Anyway i'd like to discuss about the HUD. Am i the only one who really doesnt like how it looks like? Imo its very cheap and ugly, all them colored texts, overload of infos popping up on screen continously... I know there is an option to disable the HUD already, but... Is there an option to change the layout? I remember reading in an interview to Tabata that they were gonna add this sort of option (letting you use the Episode Duscae's layout, which is nice)... But i didnt see an actual walkthrough with that feature yet. Does anyone know anything about it?

Argento

Red Wings Commander
Nov 5, 2016
I have seen people talking about the crystal being sentient but I don't think that is the case. I think people were going off the fact that when Regis was talking in the Omen trailer the Crystal was present there with him. He and the being were talking at a different point though and not in that scene. It was dubbed over. I don't know though we don't have much longer until we get to find out the truth.
Ikr, that trailer really hyped me on haha, not that i wasn't hyped already

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Anyway i'd like to discuss about the HUD. Am i the only one who really doesnt like how it looks like? Imo its very cheap and ugly, all them colored texts, overload of infos popping up on screen continously... I know there is an option to disable the HUD already, but... Is there an option to change the layout? I remember reading in an interview to Tabata that they were gonna add this sort of option (letting you use the Episode Duscae's layout, which is nice)... But i didnt see an actual walkthrough with that feature yet. Does anyone know anything about it?
i don't like it either, feels unfinished and cheap for an AAA game.

warp strike message appearing on the screen is annoying.

Argento

Red Wings Commander
Nov 5, 2016
i don't like it either, feels unfinished and cheap for an AAA game.

warp strike message appearing on the screen is annoying.

I really like this one, but its from the uncovered event in January, so theres no possibility they are gonna put that in the full game (given for true what i said before, that is)... Its sad how they created several gorgeous and simple looking HUDs, just to end up with this lol

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Send-me-the-money-so-I-can-fix-my-laptop's-keyboard,It-costs-60.00,If-not-then-shut-up-about-it-please-and-thank-you!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Is there any reason you can't just buy a USB keyboard and use that instead of the one that's built into the keyboard? Or use the accessibility settings to turn some other key into a space/use an on-screen keyboard to enter spaces? Or throw your posts into a word processor and use search and replace to turn all of those dashes into spaces before copying it back into your browser? There are a bunch of options that don't cost $60, and it'd make your posts a lot easier to read for everyone else.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
The only problem I have with it is the stupid Warp-Strike text and the HuD elements not being at the corners of the screen as much as possible.

Other than that it looks fine.

Prince Naphtali

ShinRa SOLDIER
Dec 23, 2013
Is there any reason you can't just buy a USB keyboard and use that instead of the one that's built into the keyboard? Or use the accessibility settings to turn some other key into a space/use an on-screen keyboard to enter spaces? Or throw your posts into a word processor and use search and replace to turn all of those dashes into spaces before copying it back into your browser? There are a bunch of options that don't cost $60, and it'd make your posts a lot easier to read for everyone else.
Is-there-any-reason-why-you-didn't-pick-up-on-the-money-problem-when-reading-the-post?,But-luckily-I've-finally-found-how-to-access-my-onsceen-keyboard-so-now-you-all-can-stop-harrassing-me-about-it(as-if-I-knew-how-and-where-to-go,I'm-Not-a-computer-tech).Regardless-this-thread-isn't-the-place-to-have-these-scrabbles.If-neither-one-of-you-are-going-to-stay-focus-on-FFXV(cause-that's-what-the-thread-is-about),then-please-do-off-then. Like, TRY ME AGAIN! Miss Me With THAT!!!

Last edited:

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
Damn, has anyone seen the comparison shots of Titanfall 2 PS4 standard vs Pro?
Massive difference in IQ. Almost no aliasing and no blurriness at all. Crisp and clean!

I'm hoping for the same downsampling treatment in FFXV :D

Argento

Red Wings Commander
Nov 5, 2016
The only problem I have with it is the stupid Warp-Strike text and the HuD elements not being at the corners of the screen as much as possible.

Other than that it looks fine.
The game looks perfect so far, and the HUD is the only thing that turns me off. That's because i'm compairing it to the old ones they showed (that are sooo many), and the thing i can't really get is why changing from a gorgeous look to a cheap one :/ and yea the "WARP STRIKE", along with "BACK ATTACK" or "LINK STRIKE" popping up are really annoying... Anyway i think you can turn them off. They said that.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
The game looks perfect so far, and the HUD is the only thing that turns me off. That's because i'm compairing it to the old ones they showed (that are sooo many), and the thing i can't really get is why changing from a gorgeous look to a cheap one :/ and yea the "WARP STRIKE", along with "BACK ATTACK" or "LINK STRIKE" popping up are really annoying... Anyway i think you can turn them off. They said that.
Which one did you prefer?

I always like the Episode Duscae one. Wish they'd revert back to that.

Argento

Red Wings Commander
Nov 5, 2016
Which one did you prefer?

I always like the Episode Duscae one. Wish they'd revert back to that.

This one is surely my favorite ^^ and i totally i agree with you, Duscae's one is awesome. If what i read is true tho, they'll let us choose between the current one and the Duscae one :3 i hope so

Argento

Red Wings Commander
Nov 5, 2016
Those old HUDs lack the armiger bar and the tech bar, which are essential information for combat.
That's cos they didn't implement the tech system by that time yet (dunno about the armigers tho, might be hidden somewhere). Anyway look at trailer of the niff base infiltration. There were such elements and that HUD still looked way better than this one.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
What would be perfect for me: shrink the Tech bar and the Armiger bar.
Increase slightly the size of Noctis' status box showing his HP and MP and tidily place the Tech and Armiger bar underneath it.
Remove the weapon wheel as it's not difficult to remember the placement of 4 weapons.
Move all the status bars of the characters to the very right side of the screen like in ED.
Move the mini-map as close to the top right corner as possible.