Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
Weird idea just popped into my head, but...

If I preordered on PSN so I get the midnight release, is it possible to change my PS4 timezone to play it a few hours early?
I dont think thats how it works, think its a set time (when they update their store).

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
I dont think thats how it works, think its a set time (when they update their store).
I'm sure that is can't be that easy, but there are 3 time zones in the US. It's gotta base that on something, I'd think.

I tried to google it. I'm getting mixed responses, but I have to think if it was that easy, it'd be something everyone knows and does.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
it does seem to be a more automatic way of summoning than previous titles, but what i think they wanted to portray is...

the astrals are in control, the button prompt shows up in a determined time and it doesn't seem you can choose which one to invoke (shiva only appears when she wants).

summons are not helping because you owned them, they're helping because they pity you.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
Off topic: anyone live in the UK and buying Call of Duty Infinite Warfare or Dishonoured 2?
Basically I got promotional code to half the price of those games because I pre-ordered PS4 Pro and I'm buying neither of those games.

You apparently get a free copy of The Last of Us(which I already own)but I don't know how that work since they're not very clear on it.

Last edited:

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
New (bit more critical) impressions from the first 12 hours from the Game Informer guys on their podcast (thanks, Kagari):

[at 23m1s]
Awesome. Not watching as with all other previews but I tend to disagree with their opinions and viewpoints most of the time.

Couldn't stand watching their pre-beta coverage of the game(the girl was alright though).
Guy on the very left was an asshole constantly when I watched their preview back then in April and I'm gonna guess he's still a major asshole on this preview as well.

Last edited:

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Awesome. Not watching as with all other previews but I tend to disagree with their opinions and viewpoints most of the time.

Couldn't stand watching their pre-beta coverage of the game(the girl was alright though).
Guy on the very left was an asshole constantly when I watched their preview back then in April and I'm gonna guess he's still a major asshole on this preview as well.
Just watched it. He's still a dick.

I get the feeling these guys genuinely suck at the game if they're having trouble understanding the combat after 10-12 hours of gameplay. Good grief.

I played for 40mins and didn't have any issues.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Maybe they prefer the press 'A' for awesome type of gameplay since they rated Dragon Age II(ugh) highly:
http://www.gameinformer.com/games/d...improvements-bioware-leaves-story-behind.aspx

The way the guy on the far left is such a douchebag I swear.

How he expresses himself, the way he imitates the character voices and disses the characters because they're too "Japanese" is so distasteful.

I can see it in his body language and voice that he's purposefully pressing people to say bad things about it.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
The way the guy on the far left is such a douchebag I swear.

How he expresses himself, the way he imitates the character voices and disses the characters because they're too "Japanese" is so distasteful.

I can see it in his body language and voice that he's purposefully pressing people to say bad things about it.
Yep, expected that.

He's the same here as well: