Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
I've just recently calculated how much I'm spending for FFXV:

- Deluxe Editon: $130
- Collector's Edition Guide Book: $60
- Inside Final Fantasy XV (behind the scenes booklet): $30

The pain..... It hurts...... But by god it feels so god damn good......
You could replaced the collector´s edition Guide Book (I´ve heard that Piggyback guides are badly made) with just a simple GameFAQ guide.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
Man, I said my farewells on this forum a few pages back but now I can't bring myself to go.

I've managed to avoid the big preview but I will definitely be offline when the reviews start rolling in. Ain't getting anywhere near that mess lol xD

I'd say maybe the 18th would be a good date to avoid the Internet. I can stand 10 days without it!

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
I've just recently calculated how much I'm spending for FFXV:

- Deluxe Editon: $130
- Collector's Edition Guide Book: $60
- Inside Final Fantasy XV (behind the scenes booklet): $30

The pain..... It hurts...... But by god it feels so god damn good......
Just been charged for my Ps4 pro, bro....

A few days ago £69.00 for headphones.

And £69 for the Deluxe Edition.

All is for the perfect FFXV experience plan! It may hurt now but soon it will be all bliss :D

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
It also looks like they added names nearly above each character during chapter 0, i like that. Makes the introduction presentation look more authentic.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Perhaps they have a shit ton of contextual lines and that new line is one of them XD.
The context is exactly the same, though. I suppose they could have done multiple takes with different levels of artistic liberty with regards to the translation and reverted to a more literal one when they realized that people really didn't respond well to the dissonant levity.

Edda

Balamb Garden Freshman
Nov 5, 2016
BlackEyes on NeoGAF posted a link to this video showing the first hour of gameplay from the XO version of the game:

They changed Prompto's lines in Chapter 0! At this point, I don't know if they're still doing retakes based on fan feedback or if they're just messing with us. XD;
Looks like they've made a lot of improvements, and the frame rate has been stable throughout.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
BlackEyes on NeoGAF posted a link to this video showing the first hour of gameplay from the XO version of the game:

They changed Prompto's lines in Chapter 0! At this point, I don't know if they're still doing retakes based on fan feedback or if they're just messing with us. XD;
wow, they added a lot of in-game dialogue when the group heads back to imsomnia to see what's up.... way better now, they were silent before.

Guitar (pseudo)God

Blitzball Champion
Aug 14, 2016
All over
Really bold statement based on 2 hours!

Eh, im so tired of all these previews honestly, just want the game already :(
You and me both, brother. For me, 2 hours is enough to get a handle on the battle system. And it looks like SO much fun. Playing through the turn-based FFs again (to help the wait go a little faster), it struck me how little I enjoyed the combat for most of them - FF4 DS and FF5 being the exceptions. But watching previews of Noctis hopping around like Bugs Bunny on amphetamines reinforces for me the inanity of casting Ultima for the 50th time in FF6.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Doing work tn and I'm excited for this ATR. Little over 2 hours left, what do you all think it'll be about?? Aside from the PGW recap obviously, as they said there would be plenty of new info.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Japan is getting a demo of Chapter 1 tomorrow 11/11! Its called Judgement Disc. Available on PSN and in stores there.
Limited areas however, you can't do everything that you normally can in Ch. 1. Tabata expects people to play for an hour or hour and a half.
Beating the demo will tease some footage of the final game. So expect some cool news tomorrow!

Lol that was it.

Last edited:

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Last edited:

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
"FFXV Holiday and Booster pack will be free to everyone (also with season pass). Holiday pack due out out by Christmas (obviously before)."

"Episode Prompto will be set in a Snowy type world. "

"When all episodes are completed and all 4 characters are playable, the final Online expansion pack will be released"

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
So it's a Japan only demo and it's locked on easy mode?

Wat?!

Anyway, I'll be avoiding that demo. Games close enough to release.

Did they clarify what the day 1 Pro patch will do?

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
I don't understand that genious plan to put a demo only for JP store.
FF15 is guaranteed to sell well in the West.

The problem is Japan, where the game is met with indifference and even dislike. Apparently the online Japanese communities don't like it. Console sales are pretty poor in Japan too because people prefer mobile games now.

So they're releasing this to entice them to play on the console.