Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
Granted I do expect them to mention future Final Fantasy XV related projects at the ceremony not giving any specifics, but you know just probably the typical we are working on something with the FFXV property, whether that's a Versus XV Tetsuya Nomura Trilogy, A FFXV manga, A book, another movie, a mobile game we won't know until either the end of 2017 or mid 2018.

Last edited:

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
"That person" could be referring to one of the main casts VA?

They've teased special guests in their ATR's before and it was usually VA's.

However if it turns out to be Nomura, or even Sakaguchi, I'd be pleasantly surprised.

Either way, very exciting stuff and greatly looking forward to what they've got in store for the future updates.

Don't know about you guys and gals, but I find myself more excited for the updates for the base game than the character DLC episodes, with the exception of Episode Ignis because he's my favourite character.

Highly anticipating that one for sure.
If it's Nomura oh dear especially if he mentions anything about future FFXV related projects, this sub is going to go down the crapper.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
If it's Nomura oh dear especially if he mentions anything about future FFXV related projects, this sub is going to go down the crapper.
I wouldn't say down the crapper per se.

The people here (myself included) only believe something if there is official, or factual evidence, to support it.

In other words, conspiracies, hopes, desires and speculations with zero proof of something happening is met with skepticism and disbelief, and rightly so.

There's already too much false information out there as is.

I wouldn't say there is hate, or people not wanting more FFXV games to come out in the future.

More FFXV related games are welcome in my books. It's just I would rather wait for official word of such things instead of making wild speculations, which usually lead to self disappointment.

I hope this makes sense?

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
I'll be around for translating :) Bare witness and take in the glory of getting translations first hand off the platter. I'll make a separate thread for the ATR and post everything juicy there.
Niiice. I'll be watching it live too and reading your translations at the same time.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
I wouldn't say down the crapper per se.

The people here (myself included) only believe something if there is official, or factual evidence, to support it.

In other words, conspiracies, hopes, desires and speculations with zero proof of something happening is met with skepticism and disbelief, and rightly so.

There's already too much false information out there as is.

I wouldn't say there is hate, or people not wanting more FFXV games to come out in the future.

More FFXV related games are welcome in my books. It's just I would rather wait for official word of such things instead of making wild speculations, which usually lead to self disappointment.

I hope this makes sense?
No it's perfectly fine, i understand from your perspective, I mean certain people you know. I mean honestly I'm going to say this right now oh please don't kill me, the only way I would be fine with a XV-2 is if it really is this Versus XV whatever like some sort of afterlife AU Type-Next kinda deal, that spawns it's own trilogy or something introducing Etro, Eidolons, fal'Cie maybe , and the ending just being Noctis and Luna sitting on the throne of Lucis I mean hey I think with a couple of edits to that supposed Final Fantasy Versus XIII script it could actually be a decent if not great sequel to FFXV granted you would have split it up though into multiple parts like that 7 Remake, could end with the Chocobros fighting a god or goddess, and Noctis, and his friends dying together, ending with Noct, and Luna on the throne, then the other Chocobros enter the room.
. Tbh Noct for me at least was the main selling point of Versus XIII, and Final Fantasy XV hell that's probably one of the reasons they ditched switchable characters when the time seemed to run out, and focused solely on Noctis. Also with how difference Versus was you could probably make a entire earth out of that like Earth-2 or something(Oh god the Flash)
If that's not what they would plan for a sequel then I would rather it not happen, just do some DLC, not pertaining to Versus, but to expand the world as already is then move on to Final Fantasy XVI, or Type-Next.

Though I can't wait for FFXV's PC Version, I feel like Square showed Final Fantasy XV too soon, they really screwed over two directors honestly. I feel like for E3 2013 they should've just shown KH3, and FF7 Remake, just those two, not FFXV/Versus XIII at the time, then for the subsequent years allow Nomura to say some stuff about Versus XIII, whether it's still happening or not, so on and so forth, then after KH3 releases, announce FFXV whether it's under Nomura or Tabata doesn't matter really if it's a good director it's a good director, and allow either or to make the FFXV that they wanted to make, or just keep Nomura on the project and let Tabata to Type-Next or a New AAA IP the man has talent. They should've also waited till Versus XIII was in completion before showing it off, because this whole Nomura vs Tabata, Versus XIII vs XV could have all been avoided if they had just waited till the game was near completion, and tbh I kinda sympathize with the Versus XIII fandom.

I mean you show off excellent trailers, promise that FFXV was Final Fantasy Versus XIII under a new name, then you the strip the parts that people got interested in the first place? That people got hyped about even to the point where it's practically a new product? Just simply watching the trailers from E3 2013, and hell I'll be honest the Leviathan fight looks better then than now, I don't know about the story elements though, I don't know what Nomura's story would have been, hell I wouldn't even know what an non-rushed Tabata would have been. I mean if they had just shown the E3 2015 trailer, or E3 2016 trailer yeah there would be some upset people, but it wouldn't have been to this extent., it would have been more understandable, it would have been easier to comprehend, or better yet wait till the game is reached 70 percent completion before making a trailer for it.

I mean you know what? If we can still get A Versus XIII/XV Trilogy or whatever I say go for it, FFXV's looking great, but I myself would still would want to play Versus XIII, if Nomura is still willing to direct, Nojima still willing to write for it, if Square's investors are willing to greenlight it, and they can make 3 great games out of it? Then you know what I say go for it, do it I'll pay 60-70 bucks for it, each game if they come out on Steam, whatever changes need to be made make them, I would prefer it for them to mix some FFXV ideas with the original Versus concept, and whatever script they had, or if they decide to rewrite some of it. while still keeping a lot of the interesting parts of the original Versus XIII, go for it.
I mean maybe it might be great without the terrible time constraints that obviously marred FFXV with the assets being made, and the engine good to use, so they don't have to develop the engine along with the game which probably took resources and time away from everything else, Nomura as the director, Tabata as the producer or Kitase.

Last edited:

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
oh crap look at this the xv logo on the site
View attachment 694

when I put my mouse over it though the color changes hue.
View attachment 695

It happens in variations with every logo on that page: the logo brightens when you're highlighting it, which shifts the colors slightly. I wouldn't read anything into it.
I'm shocked insiders still flock to Neogaf when the place is mired in such controversy.
The lure of information about a beloved subject.
I'd probably think more Sakaguchi than Nomura. On a way-way-way outthere possibility, they could be creating a post-ending DLC episode scripted by Nojima based on fan feedback. But that's highly unlikely. They probably won't alter the ending they designed to be ambiguous and filled with feeling.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
It happens in variations with every logo on that page: the logo brightens when you're highlighting it, which shifts the colors slightly. I wouldn't read anything into it.

The lure of information about a beloved subject.

I'd probably think more Sakaguchi than Nomura. On a way-way-way outthere possibility, they could be creating a post-ending DLC episode scripted by Nojima based on fan feedback. But that's highly unlikely. They probably won't alter the ending they designed to be ambiguous and filled with feeling.
I wouldn't expect anything from Nojima or Nomura unless it had something to do with this supposed Versus reboot,, like if Nojima scripted a post-ending DLC episode it would probably be something to loosely tie FFXV to a Versus XV whatever you call it, I only suspect the Episode Ignis, Gladio, and Prompto, a Dark World DLC, and whatever story updates they can make.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
My bets are on either Sakaguchi or Yoshida, the former would like give a "proud father talk with his son" type speech about XV performance, the later would talk about the FF14 & FF15 collaboration.
I'm very interested on what the hell they will do for a FFXIV, and FFXV collaboration. I hope it's more than just clothes.

On a sidenote I really hope they learn from Final Fantasy XV/Versus XIII's marketing, not to show before they can ship. Whenever they get to Final Fantasy XVI, and if they decide to do something similar to the FNC for it.

Slaintimez

Keyblade Master
Sep 9, 2016
Versus XV to be announed at the 30th anniversary event. Directed by Nomura. Will be advertised more like a huge "expansion" (the one that Tabata has been teasing recently).

Nomura will be at this ATR to talk about it a bit.
You have evidence for that or its just another type of trolling? Kappa

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
Versus XV to be announed at the 30th anniversary event. Directed by Nomura. Will be advertised more like a huge "expansion" (the one that Tabata has been teasing recently).

Nomura will be at this ATR to talk about it a bit.
HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHA

If a Versus XV ever gets announced it won't be an expansion it will be three whole entire games, Nomura wanted a trilogy no way it's simply going to get an expansion.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
SMH

This Versus XV talk has gotten so bad that it's causing delusion. Changing hue of a logo is a sign now? Dear lord...
Its borderline spamming at this point, which I assume is a rule breaker around here?

Please stop with all this Versus XV stuff!
Its really fucking annoying to read, why the fuck is it so hard for people to keep such regurgitated fanfic in a thread dedicated to Versus XV.

Last edited: